Rated 5 out of 5 by Alex09 Great New Year package
As a frequent business travellor, I find hotels in China have great C/P values in general. The Meridien Qingdao goes extra miles by including the dinner and airport lift in a New Year package, which makes the patrons feel more like VIPs. Rooms are spacious. Deco has a touch of elegance. It's absolutely enjoyable and worthy of revisit.
January 12, 2015
Rated 1 out of 5 by Go4it ZERO SPG recognition and ZERO service by Guest Relation Manager
1. Booked 2 rooms through CTRIP.COM Confirmation from CTRIP (both sms and email) indicates rates inclusive of 2 breakfast per room, free drink voucher, free ticket to beer museum and a can of Red Bull drink.
2. Also book hotel airport limo service for 500 to fetch from airport to hotel
3. Our flights were delayed by 1 hours. So by the time we arrived Qingdao, it was already 2330hr. I asked the limo driver to coordinate with hotel reception to prepare our check in in-advance. Limo driver said his job was driver and not his job to contact hotel.
4. So I called the hotel MYSELF informing we would arrive in 40 minutes and please got the rooms ready (should be ready) and more importantly ROOM KEY and paper ready for just signature. A Miss Zhang answered my phone and said she will inform the reception.
5. Arrive hotel around 0015hr. Ms Jiang (Guest Relation Manager) and another staff attended to us. NOTHING was prepared in advance. Room key only prepared during our check in and also printed the relevant document only during our check in.
6. Then both Ms Jiang and the staff told us our rate do not include breakfast. I told them the rates I chosen via CTRIP website includes Breakfast and also i received confirmation on this.
7. Ms Jiang said hotel system indicate our rates are room only. So therefore no breakfast. She told me to contact CTRIP on my own as that is CTRIP problem.
8. I asked Ms Jiang it is already 0030hr now and how you expect me to call now. I shown her my SMS from CTRIP confirming breakfast was included. She insisted I forward my SMS to her.
9. Ms Jiang gave me the feeling that I was trying to cheat Le Meridian and kept insisting this is their hotel policy and i have to respect it. She really embarrassed me at the reception as there were other guests checking in then.
10. I asked her how can she treated SPG gold card member like this? Firstly i am a regular SPG customer and we even pay for LIMO service. Why should I cheat Le Meridian for breakfast? Also how she expect me to call CTRIP at 0030hr?
11. In my view, it should be Ms Jiang (hotel) to liaise directly with CTRIP and sort out. Not the customer. Furthermore, I think the hotel should give the guest (GOLD member and one who pay 500 for limo transfer) benefit of doubt.
12. Later when i got into my room, I was disappointed too. NOTHING, nothing was prepared in advance. No evening turn down service, curtain not closed, and my pillow preference was not there too. Also the drink and ticket vouchers and red bull were also not given
13. I don't use these vouchers nor drink red bull. But what i am trying to show Le Meridian don't give respect to regular SPG customer like me.
14. Also during check in, I asked Ms Jiang about my free internet, she said this is not free because I book my room through CTRIP. I told her i understand that my stay will not accumulate SPG points but i thought my SPG RECOGNITION is there irrespective how I book my room! Ms Jiang insisted no free internet. Later, upon my insist, she said internet is free but she never give me the password.
15. During my stay, I spent about 2000 on a Japanese dinner and about 500 for lunch at Le Meridian hotel and 500 for limo. I thought I am the type of traveller preferred by SPG. Unfortunately I don't get this feeling during my stay.
16. During my lunch, I was also disappointed with service. We ordered lunch at 1130hr and told them to be fast as we need to rush airport. I even asked waitress will my order (Sirloin Steak) take a long time. She said will be fast because the cafe was NOT busy. Despite my repeat chasing, our lunch - steak and club sandwich - arrived at 1155hr! We only have 5 minutes to eat.
ZERO recognition to SPG member if you book the rooms through travel agent. The staff also give you that "stare and look" as if customers are trying to take advantage of them.
Please tell Le Meridian Qingdao to wake up.
August 28, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by shinskys The most disappointing stay in this year
To whom it may concern,
I was stayed at Lemeridien Qingdao last Friday, Sep 12th
and I want to tell you some unpleasant experiences there.
1) Unprofessional front staff
When I visited SPG hotels, I used to be informed; such like which benefits will be provided for platinum members, where the breakfast restaurant is, and what the operating hours of hotel facilities is and so on.
However’ they never told me any single one or didn’t give me the printed paper about that information.
I could also choose a platinum gift.
and I had to ask every time access to all facilities. Sauna, club lounge, spa.
Even partially wrong information provided by the staff.
2) Unstable Internet environment
I had to stay because of work time.
However, because of unstable Internet environment, I could not in my work room.
I found a near Starbucks with a laptop
Eventually, because of my job, I was forced to check out early.
3) Smelly room
I booked non-smoking room but some disgusting smells like cheap cigarette was there.
I saw some people smoking in the hallway.
I believe that Le Meridien hotels have certain standards,
but there were nothing I expected from a high-end hotel, the Le Meridien.
Please tell me how I can understand this exasperating experience.
I really really can’t understand this. Is this really a Le Meridien hotel?
Look forward to hearing your comments.
September 14, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by jkmchung Credit card deposit
I stayed at your hotel from Nov 1 through Nov 3 at room 2515. A deposit of Y3000 was charged to my credit card on Nov 1. I paid in cash upon check out, but the charges has not been reversed as yet (Nov 4). Deposit should not have been processed until check out when actual charges are known. Please look into that.
Also I had breakfast at the executive lounge on Nov 2 and the food was cold. The staff claimed that the heaters were not working. Is it a little unusual for a 5 star hotel?
Chung Kat Man
November 4, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by littlez I choose to never stay
As years of platinum member,I recommend to my team and help over ten member of them to become platinum member. Now I regret a little bit.
During years of loyal spg platinum member, there used to be something unsatisfied. However this time I have to explode my anger.
The room I stayed is noisy for the neighbor is 2 men and is talking with each other loud and for a quite long time. I was even arose suddenly from sleep for their sound at around 2AM and 4AM. I can not get enough sleep and it deeply affects my mood when I meet and work with the customer. I asked to change the room but no response received before I checked out.
Over half of time I am travelling here and there, the criteria for a good hotel and normal one is whether they have grape juice. Everyone when you see my entry, you can check by your experience. It is true. I can not find it in executive lounge when I stayed in this hotel for 2 times.
There are several taxi parking in the hotel and they only work for the guests to the airport. For several times I need hurry to the customer onsite and they reject. I have to walk to the road to get the taxi passing by in such a cold weather. That made a totally bad experience and made me in a bad mood.
I had one dinner in the chinese restaurant on the second floor. Even when I told them I am spg member and should get the spg dinner point, so far they don't give me the spg point.
For other reason I contacted the frond desk manager. His voice is frosty,when I was told.
All in all, I think this hotel is normal.
April 20, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Silverstone5 comfortable family trip to China
It has been comfortable family trip to China with Le Meridien, Qingdao.
First of all, the check-in process was great that I could early checked into the room.
And the housekeeping was great that cleaned and made the bed tidy every day.
Since I was with my wife and a 11-month-old son, I liked your service provided and the
location of the hotel nearby Wanda Plaza, JUSCO, cafe, bakery, and Carrefour.
Also the concierge service was very convinient to get a taxi everyday.
One cup of coffee voucher for the bar on the 1st floor was great idea for welcoming.
On the other hand, there was a few things that are not so pleasant.
The smoking on the 9th floor whose rooms are no smoking allowed.
And the TV signal reception was not so good every time I turned on the TV.
Occasionally in the evening there were construction noise from the outside.
Hopefully, coffee voucher could be offer everyday during the stay.
October 5, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by blue2013 Nice hotel for business travel
Nice hotel, close to department store, cinema, many restaurants and coffee, easy to get taxi, and the overall traffic is better than Hongkong road area. The breakfast is good for northern people, no surprise for club level room. I also suggest the hotel provide the menu of HBO etc.
October 1, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by KAIP5 A Stingy Hotel
All the hardware at the hotel seems fine except the water flow in the bathroom is not too steady. It could go from normal to scanty and resume to normal gradually. Based on my experience, this could be a piping issue with air trapped somewhere along it.
However, one night, we accidentally broke the coffee mug while washing it, so we called housekeeping to help cleaning up. The person cleaned everything well. When we checked out, we noticed an item in the bill of RMB55, so I asked what that item was, and it was the broken mug. Excuse me, I am not stealing anything, but just accidentally breaking it. The front desk person contacted house keeping and decided to give us a 20% off discount for it, so charging us RMB44 instead. I am suggesting that this should totally be waived because we are not taking possession of the mug, but just accidentally breaking it. The hotel is very stingy on this. It makes me feel like I should not even eat at the restaurant because any broken glass or plate will be charged onto me. Secondly, if you were to charge me for the mug, you should pack it up in a box and present me with that. Now I have nothing to get home by giving you the RMB44.
This is definitely not what I expected from Le Meridien. I asked to talk to the manager, and the front office person brought a lady who identified herself as the manager on duty, and after some discussion, she has agreed to write to us explaining their policy regarding how they charge guest on breaking items. I have not heard anything from her, and it is now four weeks since I departed.
I am totally disappointed by this Le Meridien. I will definitely recommend my friends or myself not to stay there again if I don't hear anything.
Thanks for anyone who had helped, and good luck to those who will be staying there not to break anything.
February 14, 2013