Rated 1 out of 5 by Go4it ZERO SPG recognition and ZERO service by Guest Relation Manager
1. Booked 2 rooms through CTRIP.COM Confirmation from CTRIP (both sms and email) indicates rates inclusive of 2 breakfast per room, free drink voucher, free ticket to beer museum and a can of Red Bull drink.
2. Also book hotel airport limo service for 500 to fetch from airport to hotel
3. Our flights were delayed by 1 hours. So by the time we arrived Qingdao, it was already 2330hr. I asked the limo driver to coordinate with hotel reception to prepare our check in in-advance. Limo driver said his job was driver and not his job to contact hotel.
4. So I called the hotel MYSELF informing we would arrive in 40 minutes and please got the rooms ready (should be ready) and more importantly ROOM KEY and paper ready for just signature. A Miss Zhang answered my phone and said she will inform the reception.
5. Arrive hotel around 0015hr. Ms Jiang (Guest Relation Manager) and another staff attended to us. NOTHING was prepared in advance. Room key only prepared during our check in and also printed the relevant document only during our check in.
6. Then both Ms Jiang and the staff told us our rate do not include breakfast. I told them the rates I chosen via CTRIP website includes Breakfast and also i received confirmation on this.
7. Ms Jiang said hotel system indicate our rates are room only. So therefore no breakfast. She told me to contact CTRIP on my own as that is CTRIP problem.
8. I asked Ms Jiang it is already 0030hr now and how you expect me to call now. I shown her my SMS from CTRIP confirming breakfast was included. She insisted I forward my SMS to her.
9. Ms Jiang gave me the feeling that I was trying to cheat Le Meridian and kept insisting this is their hotel policy and i have to respect it. She really embarrassed me at the reception as there were other guests checking in then.
10. I asked her how can she treated SPG gold card member like this? Firstly i am a regular SPG customer and we even pay for LIMO service. Why should I cheat Le Meridian for breakfast? Also how she expect me to call CTRIP at 0030hr?
11. In my view, it should be Ms Jiang (hotel) to liaise directly with CTRIP and sort out. Not the customer. Furthermore, I think the hotel should give the guest (GOLD member and one who pay 500 for limo transfer) benefit of doubt.
12. Later when i got into my room, I was disappointed too. NOTHING, nothing was prepared in advance. No evening turn down service, curtain not closed, and my pillow preference was not there too. Also the drink and ticket vouchers and red bull were also not given
13. I don't use these vouchers nor drink red bull. But what i am trying to show Le Meridian don't give respect to regular SPG customer like me.
14. Also during check in, I asked Ms Jiang about my free internet, she said this is not free because I book my room through CTRIP. I told her i understand that my stay will not accumulate SPG points but i thought my SPG RECOGNITION is there irrespective how I book my room! Ms Jiang insisted no free internet. Later, upon my insist, she said internet is free but she never give me the password.
15. During my stay, I spent about 2000 on a Japanese dinner and about 500 for lunch at Le Meridian hotel and 500 for limo. I thought I am the type of traveller preferred by SPG. Unfortunately I don't get this feeling during my stay.
16. During my lunch, I was also disappointed with service. We ordered lunch at 1130hr and told them to be fast as we need to rush airport. I even asked waitress will my order (Sirloin Steak) take a long time. She said will be fast because the cafe was NOT busy. Despite my repeat chasing, our lunch - steak and club sandwich - arrived at 1155hr! We only have 5 minutes to eat.
ZERO recognition to SPG member if you book the rooms through travel agent. The staff also give you that "stare and look" as if customers are trying to take advantage of them.
Please tell Le Meridian Qingdao to wake up.
August 28, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by littlez I choose to never stay
As years of platinum member,I recommend to my team and help over ten member of them to become platinum member. Now I regret a little bit.
During years of loyal spg platinum member, there used to be something unsatisfied. However this time I have to explode my anger.
The room I stayed is noisy for the neighbor is 2 men and is talking with each other loud and for a quite long time. I was even arose suddenly from sleep for their sound at around 2AM and 4AM. I can not get enough sleep and it deeply affects my mood when I meet and work with the customer. I asked to change the room but no response received before I checked out.
Over half of time I am travelling here and there, the criteria for a good hotel and normal one is whether they have grape juice. Everyone when you see my entry, you can check by your experience. It is true. I can not find it in executive lounge when I stayed in this hotel for 2 times.
There are several taxi parking in the hotel and they only work for the guests to the airport. For several times I need hurry to the customer onsite and they reject. I have to walk to the road to get the taxi passing by in such a cold weather. That made a totally bad experience and made me in a bad mood.
I had one dinner in the chinese restaurant on the second floor. Even when I told them I am spg member and should get the spg dinner point, so far they don't give me the spg point.
For other reason I contacted the frond desk manager. His voice is frosty,when I was told.
All in all, I think this hotel is normal.
April 20, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by KAIP5 A Stingy Hotel
All the hardware at the hotel seems fine except the water flow in the bathroom is not too steady. It could go from normal to scanty and resume to normal gradually. Based on my experience, this could be a piping issue with air trapped somewhere along it.
However, one night, we accidentally broke the coffee mug while washing it, so we called housekeeping to help cleaning up. The person cleaned everything well. When we checked out, we noticed an item in the bill of RMB55, so I asked what that item was, and it was the broken mug. Excuse me, I am not stealing anything, but just accidentally breaking it. The front desk person contacted house keeping and decided to give us a 20% off discount for it, so charging us RMB44 instead. I am suggesting that this should totally be waived because we are not taking possession of the mug, but just accidentally breaking it. The hotel is very stingy on this. It makes me feel like I should not even eat at the restaurant because any broken glass or plate will be charged onto me. Secondly, if you were to charge me for the mug, you should pack it up in a box and present me with that. Now I have nothing to get home by giving you the RMB44.
This is definitely not what I expected from Le Meridien. I asked to talk to the manager, and the front office person brought a lady who identified herself as the manager on duty, and after some discussion, she has agreed to write to us explaining their policy regarding how they charge guest on breaking items. I have not heard anything from her, and it is now four weeks since I departed.
I am totally disappointed by this Le Meridien. I will definitely recommend my friends or myself not to stay there again if I don't hear anything.
Thanks for anyone who had helped, and good luck to those who will be staying there not to break anything.
February 14, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by ChrisG77 Nice but not up to Le Méridien service standards
Hotel was very nice, room was nice, and generally the hotel was fine, but the service of the restaurant staff was below average and is the primary factor in pulling down the overall rating. The restaurant staff were not attentive and did not seem prepared. This was disappointing for such a nice hotel, especially when other staff members were up to standards for Le Méridien. Would still recommend this hotel for location and quality, but service at the restaurant needs to be improved.
September 9, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Leee Great hotel to recommend
I've stayed 2 times at this hotel from last year.
First, almost every staffs are very kind and try to give comfortable feels to their customers.
Second, overall experience at this hotel was excellent.
Third, this hotel located in Qingdao. Though it's located a little far from the beach, it's okay.
For me, everything was perfect except one thing which is 'it takes too long time for check-in(even some of my colleagues say same thing to me)'. It was not terrible for me, but it could(might) be for someone.
February 19, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Andy Le Méridien Qingdao here is great
I often stay in Le Méridien Qingdao with my family.
The staff of Le Méridien Qingdao here is great. I stay here often.
The hotel itself is very nice with a good indoor pool. It is right next to Wanda Plaza which is very convenient for shopping and dining.
When i last stay, executive lounge was under construction
But under construction is finished already.
My status lets me eat breakfast and have happy hour in the executive lounge(29F).
I really like this hotel but there's one little thing that bothers me
that is free size of bathrobe, my wife is very small so It would be very inconvenient.
My wife want to purchase bathrobe by starpoint, Unfortunately they has been only free size, when i visit again, I hope to purchase bathrobe for my wife.
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback which was provided to us.
March 24, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by min710 Kind Staff, Clean and Spacious Room
I stayed with my girl friend. I stayed very nice and comfortable. The room is very spacious and clean, the Staff is very kind, The food is very delicious. I would like to praise a Saff. She is working in Royal club lounge. I asked for cough medicine to her. She directly made ginger tea. Ginger tea is good for cough and get better. I am impressed. She is very kind and warm staff. Our hotel stay is more enjoyable thanks to her. Thank you very much..
December 29, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by PWC9 Wandaful in Qingdao
The staff here is great. I stay here often, they remember my name and what I like.
The hotel itself is very nice with a good gym and indoor pool. It is right next to Wanda Plaza which is very convenient for shopping and casual dining.
My status lets me eat breakfast and have happy hour in the executive lounge. This is a perk I really enjoy and take regular advantage of. The staff there is terrific.
May 9, 2012