Rated 3 out of 5 by Chrismatloob 6-day business trip
I was in Istanbul on a 6-day business trip and the company recommended this hotel. Everything was really top quality except 3 things:
- Dinner at the restaurant on 4th floor. For the prices the hotel charges you would expect top food quality. It was at best average and I would NOT recommend eating there. There are millions of places in Istanbul that offer far better quality for much less.
2. Upon check-out, I was given the statement where there were alot of minibar charges, and I hadn't touched the minibar! The hotel representative did cancel them when I refused to pay any, but it is still strange to be charged for something you did not consume, and there should definitely be better control systems in a 5-star hotel.
3. There is absolutely NOTHING outside the hotel, not a thing! If you plan on only doing business in Istanbul, then that might be OK. Otherwise go soemthere else!
On the positive side, well everything else. The room was excellent, the breakfast really good (even though they charge extra for it), and the roof top bar view breathtaking.
August 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Katina80 It was a very high level
You give us great stay. Thank you :-)
August 24, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by belka Disappoint
I stayed many times at this hotel, but this time I was really disappointed. I had a problem with the phone and have to call twice for somebody to fix it. My silk designer blouse was ruined during dry cleaning and I still waiting for reimbursement.
August 6, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by PnUWS Wonderful stay with family
I stayed in this hotel with family (5 including me) as a part of a vacation to Turkey and the hotel definitely lived up to all the high praise that I had read in prior reviews.
We also had a special occasion (important birthday) during our stay and I had communicated the same in advance to the hotel. I also applied my Platinum suite night awards towards the two rooms that we had booked, to upgrade both to Executive Suites.
The rooms that we received were very good. One was a corner suite, and the other suite had an amazing view of the bridge and a bit of the water as well. The interiors and amenities were fabulous, and inspite of the fact that I travel a lot for work and have frequented many hotels, I was quite impressed.
Overall we had a very good stay, and the staff was very helpful. Just for the experience I would like to give the hotel 5 stars on all counts, however there were minor hiccups, which I am listing below only to provide feedback.
1. Complimentary birthday cake and champagne sent by the hotel, along with a hand written note - thanks to Elif (guest relations manager) and Sabine (General Manager - who I had contacted originally)
2. The Concierge - Ozan, was extremely helpful, and helped us plan and arrange the logistics for all our activities in Istanbul
3. Club lounge - I only dropped in in the evenings, and it was nice to relax here after a busy day in the city, before heading out again. I dont remember her name, but the lady running the lounge was very friendly and helpful, and took great care of us
4. La Torre restaurant - This was a bit of a mixed bag. Firstly, very happy with the breakfast buffet, however the lunch was a a let down. The service during lunch on our first day was very poor; we were advised to take the buffet option by the hotel staff (which turned out to be quite expensive for a party of 5), but subsequently received almost no service during the meal - drinks were not offered, it took ages to clear plates, and we had to ask 4 different people for the check before we finally received it about half an hour later. This seems to have been an exception, and the service was superb on the next 3 visits to the restaurant.
5. Room service/house keeping - this was almost perfect except for one day when they forgot to clean one of the rooms. I was very impressed with how swiftly they responded to every request - ranging from a request for a 220 V to 110 V transformer to clearing the dishes after ordering room service for a meal etc.
6. Boaz bar - this was actually the only major letdown during our visit. The view was amazing, but the bar was not well stocked, did not have some of the ingredients for cocktails on their menu, and the cocktails that they did produce were very ordinary, and definitely not worth the price. It also did not help that the bar was very dead for a Friday evening.
7. We also used other services like the spa, swimming pool etc, and had good experiences
Overall, I had a wonderful stay, and would definitely return to this hotel if I visit again. For tourists, it is a 40 Lira or so cab ride away from the major attractions, but in my opinion the value and experience that it offers is well worth it.
August 6, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by orkide nice design hotel
Nice design hotel and great staff.
August 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by bonbon19 Great day!
I choose to stay at your hotel for a special day and it was incredibly fun and comfortable.
Room service and minibar employees are very professional and they wear very stylish clothes.
The front desk staff is very fast and solution-oriented.I would like to thanks to Fikret,who is working at front desk,for complimentary a bottle of wine and fruits.He was so kind.
January 21, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by coolinaz GOOD HOTEL BUT TOO FAR FROM TOURIST AREAS AND AIRPORT
THE HOTEL IS GOOD BUT THE LOCATION IS SPECIALIZED FOR BUSINESSMEN WORKING IN ETILER AREA. tHE LOCATION IS FAR FROM AIRPORT AND TOURIST ATTRACTIONS. TAXIS COST $35 (75LIRA) TO $40 (85 LIRA) TO THE AIRPORT ON THE FOUR TRIPS WE TOOK.
July 27, 2014