Located in the heart of Moscow, Hotel National is surrounded by iconic historical sights, including Red Square, the Kremlin, St. Basil’s Cathedral, the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts, Bolshoi Theater, and the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, and major shopping centres, such as TSUM and GUM. The Kremlin is open daily 10am-5pm and The Armory Chamber is open daily at 10am, 12noon, 2:30pm, and 4:30pm. Please note that the Kremlin is closed on Thursdays.
A pleasant stroll from the hotel, the State Tretyakov Gallery, known as the national treasury of Russian fine art, houses iconic works by Russian artists, including 11th- to 20th-century paintings, sculptures, and images. A slight distance further, in the historical centre of Moscow, the one-kilometre-long Arbat pedestrian street—among the oldest roads in the city—boasts destination cafes, restaurants, boutiques, and souvenir shops, along with the former home of the famous Russian poet Alexander Pushkin, now a museum. Another enriching sight is Vorobyevy Gory or the Sparrow Hills, just five stops away on the Sokolnicheskaya direct metro line. Surveying Moskya River and Moscow State University, its lookout point offers breathtaking, panoramic city views.
Our concierge is pleased to arrange a private city tour via a guide and hotel car, a Mercedes E class with driver—or guests can explore using the Moscow Metro. The world’s most magnificent subway, it is known as the “underground palace” due to its singular architectural style and design. The nearest station, Okhotny Ryad, is a mere 50 metres from the hotel.
For guests looking to explore beyond the capital, a trip to scenic Sergiev Possad is an unforgettable choice. Located outside of Moscow, it is home to The Trinity Saint Sergius Monastery, one of Russia’s oldest monasteries, which houses Trinity Cathedral, Dukhovskaya Church, Pyatnitskaya Church, the Assumption Cathedral, the Saint Sergies Church, Tsars Chambers, and many other unforgettable sights.
- The currency is the Russian Ruble (RUB).
- General shopping hours are Monday through Sunday 10am to 9pm.
- Bank opening hours are Monday through Friday 9am to 7pm, with select branches open Saturday 9am-3pm.
- Russian is the official language.
- The electrical current is 220 volt.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- The Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- The State Tretyakov Gallery / The National Museum of Russian Fine Art 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- Cathedral of Christ The Savior 2.0 km/1.2 miles
- Boeing 0.3 km/0.2 miles
- Booz & Company 0.5 km/0.3 miles
- BNP - Paribas Bank 1.8 km/1.1 miles
- McKinsey & Co. 4.0 km/2.5 miles
- KPMG 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Siemens 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- Novo Nordisk 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Red Square 0.2 km/0.1 miles
- Moscow Kremlin 0.2 km/0.1 miles
- Lenin's Mausoleum 0.5 km/0.3 miles
- St. Basil Cathedral 0.6 km/0.4 miles
- Arbat 2.1 km/1.3 miles
- Bolshoi Theatre 0.2 km/0.1 miles
- Moskovskii Zoopark 7.0 km/4.3 miles