Rated 5 out of 5 by rac15 Best Hotel in Addis Ababa
Phenomenal luxury hotel, great restaurants, superb staff, a must in Addis.
May 26, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Alangeo77 Luxury in the heart of Addis
A beautiful hotel with fantastic gardens and pool. a very friendly atmosphere is maintained throughout and the Office bar is the place to be at night.
May 26, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by AmberM Yearly stay
I have had the pleasure of staying at this Sheraton every year for the last five years and as always exceeds my expectations in a hotel stay. The staff is beyond reproach and make the Sheraton feel like my home away from home.
January 13, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by AndrewSellar Lack of attention to detail
1. I ended up moving to 3 different rooms when I arrived:
- the first room stank of cigarette spoke despite being a non-smoking room;
- the second room had an issue with the air-conditioner which only blew hot air;
- the third room I ended up stating in also had an issue with the air-conditioner but maintenance was able to get the temperature down.
2. I used the hotel taxi service to get to a meeting near the airport. I arranged to sign for the cost of the taxi prior to departing from the hotel. When the vehicle arrived the Concierge advised me that as no Mercedes-Benz vehicle was available (which was the rate I had signed for) the rate would be reduced as a Nissan vehicle was used. When checking out the full charge for the Mercedes-Benz vehicle still appeared on the bill. When I addressed this with the Receptionist he made various calls and then told me that the same charge was applicable. I advised him that this confliced with what the Concierge had told me. He eventually phoned another taxi company which advised that there was a slightly reduced rate but not in line with what the Concierge had indicated to me when the Nissan picked me up. The attitude of the Receptionist was as though I was making the story up to get a reduction (although he denied this when I confronted him on it) which is totally unacceptable. I eventually paid the full amount for the higher category vehicle as I needed to catch my flight.
3. There were not sufficient amenities in the Executive Room bathroom. There was no shower gel, no vanity kit, no shoe shine cloth/sponge, etc. I do not know if the room had not been prepared properly or if the hotel is experiencing a shortage of supply or trying to save money, but it is not the standard I have come to expect from the Sheraton Addis.
November 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by FemFresh The best
I really enjoyed staying at the Sheraton Addis.... Very good experience and all facilities are well managed . You always have a place to go that meets your need in the hotel.... From Spa to Club
November 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Micaela Great hotel to choose!
everything is just perfect. Well done Sheraton!
November 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by FedzLi2 Best Hotel Experience Ever!!!
It does not take much to impress me and the Sheraton Addis Ababa to exceed my expectations and then some. The hotel is in a class of it's own unrivaled by any I have been to.
The staff are courteous and welcomed me in the best way possible. The room was awesome and tastefully furnished. Room service was on time and I am happy to have stayed at the Sheraton Addis. I would definitely recommend this hotel and the entire Starwood Brand to others.
Five star rating any day from me.
October 20, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Raj65 V Good Hotel but needs Transparency
The hotel, no doubt is excellent, but needs improvement while communicating the clients.
Rooms / food / stay is excellent, but reception staff should be more polite while explaining the rules, especially if customer is not aware of.
Also they need to improve upon wifi, you have to log in again and again, if you move out from your room or restaurant etc.
October 20, 2014