Rated 5 out of 5 by Thud Great Hotel
The service at the Nines was great. The staff was friendly, gave good directions, great recommendations, and we got discounts and complimentary treats at a restaurant we visited in the area (which was one of my favorite dining experiences to date). The room was clean and nice, although slightly less to it than I was expecting. The room was a little small, but still very pleasant, and we also got a special treat for visiting on our honeymoon. I was very satisfied with both the facilities and service, and wish I could have tried the restaurant and rooftop bar. They were consistent even in the small details. Great place!
July 14, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 Great staff, stylish setting, some glitches
Pretty much every single staff member was friendly, professional,and service-oriented. The hotel is very deliberately stylish, with specific Tiffany blue and mauve colors, white marble, and crystal chandeliers in the hallways and room.
Positives: the staff are great, both restaurants are delicious, the decor is beautiful, the location is convenient, there seems to be a commitment to sustainability, and there is a fridge in the room where you can remove some of the hotel offerings and chill some of your own water, etc.
Negatives: our room had very little in the way of clothing storage, housekeeping set up the room for one person when there were two of us (robe, water and chocolate for one at turndown, etc.), both bedside lampshades had a layer of dust on top of them, and there was no place to hang a towel near the shower (or anywhere) so when you got out of the shower you had to walk across the marble floor to get a towel from an under-the-counter shelf, making the floor slippery.
July 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by sara14 Nice staff; convenient location
The hotel is above Macy's. Initially I was annoyed by this idea; however, later, I realized it is very convenient! You can shop whenever you get a moment.
I was attending a meeting and stayed in the Executive floor. The staff in the lounge are really nice and the environment there is so peaceful and gracious . You feel so well serviced. And the room is spacious too. Love it.
July 18, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jack3141 First stay at The Nines
What an unexpected pleasure. This hotel is very conveniently located and the level of finish is second to none. The attention of staff is exemplary and unobstrusive. I look forward to future opportunities to stay here; my preferred destination in Portland.
July 18, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by yobholmes A Dream Come True
From the moment I stepped through the door I felt at home. Every touch point exceeded all of my expectations. Thanks to all of the staff for making my stay a dream come true.
July 17, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by buyrctw Inconsistent Service
This is our first time visiting Portland OR and we really wanted to fall in love with The Nines. However, I think some improvements are needed before this can be a truly great hotel deserving of the Luxury Collection badge.
Let's start with the positives:
- LOCATION: The location is superb! It's smack in the main downtown area close to public transport and the heart of Pioneer Square. It is easy access to the aiport on the MAX rail and easy walking distance to all major downtown attractions and restaurants.
- CLUB LOUNGE: Although intimate, it is a great lounge with great staff! Continental breakfast can get mundane after 7 days. However, evening dessert and hors d'oeuvres are great. A special callout to Josh for job well done!
- GYM: Good sized gym with good amount of cardio and weight machines.
- ROOM: Mattress was terrible that it gave my wife and I back aches every morning! Toiletries is out of communal bottles that is hard to extract. Towels are old and dingy. The toilet is made for a midget! Interior facing rooms are dark and depressing.
- HOUSEKEEPING: Inconsistent at best. Our room wasn't serviced one day; Sometimes no replacement of hand soap/lotion; Sometimes no slippers and chocolates at turn down; Sometimes no fresh towels.
- FRONT DESK: Professional and friendly staff. However, the line can queue resultting in long waits. We had a miscommunication about our room move and had to wait over 20 minutes to speak to someone.
- DEPARTURE RESTAURANT: Tables are stacked on top of each other that one can literally hear every single word of the tables next to you. Food was underwhelming, overly salty, and poor value. You're paying for the rooftop location.
Overall, this is an adequate hotel with a great location. However, travelers may be let down by inconsistent service and horrible bedding.
July 18, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by SeattleSara I Love This Hotel
The Nines is a gorgeous hotel with extremely comfortable and beautiful rooms. Every staff member I encountered was helpful, usually funny, and seemed geninunely happy to work there. What more could a traveler want!
July 15, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by travellor1955 can do better at front desk
nice place, nice location, reasonable fitness club and restaurant. lots of noise in the front rooms when there is activity in pioneer square. the front desk staff need to get better customer service training (the customer should be treated with respect). proximity to public transit is spectacular.
June 25, 2014