Rated 5 out of 5 by canuckle Great Stay!!!!
This is a great hotel, top notch in every way. I spent three enjoyable nights here and think this is the best of SPG bunch! From the comfort of the room to the friendliness of the staff, this is a place that supports tranquility. Add in a very well appointed spa, nice lagoon style pool and great bars and food, you will not be disappointed in staying here.
With room renovations being made to the rooms, this hotel will continue to be the tops. I did not get to stay in a newly renovated room, but heard from the Dir of Biz Development that they were going to be a modern Thai style which I think will be great.
Also, it is rare that one sees the GM of a hotel, but SGS is not your average hotel. Mr Chapman, despite a very busy schedule was checking in on guests during the social hours at Bar Su and the Living Room on the two nights I made it to those establishments. You can tell that he cares and listens to the guests!
December 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DrPR Excellent hotel at a great location
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is an excellent hotel with exceptional service.
Our Grande Suite was luxurious and in great condition with a very nice view of the lake.
The buffet breakfast is one of the best in Bangkok with grill station and fresh fruit station on top of other international breakfast items.
Great SPG Platinum recognition. The staff is very attentive to the details and needs of guests. Very quick check-in and check-out process from one of the 4 available staff waiting to serve guests. We are especially thankful for the help and service from 2 people: (1) we received excellent care and treatment from K. Bussakorn (Reservation Manager) even before we arrived at the hotel. (2) our housekeeping staff (Grande Suite #2702 on March 23 to 24) made sure that our suite is well taken care of throughout our stay.
Thank you for a wonderful stay.
March 25, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chowdhury Great Hotel, Great People....
Since long I am regular guest of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. Never feel hotel but it’s my home.
Without remember Mr. Richard Chapman GM of the hotel, I can’t start my writing. In one word he is genius. I have meet several GM in the world but no one with whom I can compare. Under his great leadership the hotel become a fabulous place for hospitality. If you are really like to feel service, Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is right place.
My family members and all of my friends are big fan of Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. Personally I am very sensitive guy. Can’t accept a minor error. But till date Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit did not give a chance for become disappointed.
I would also like to thanks all of personnel at the hotel for their excellent support & service for make our stay incredible.
I have always been pleased with the service I receive at the hotel.
Such a commitment to great customer service is to be commended, you can be sure that I will continue with your hotel for years to come.
I truly appreciate the hotel team members.
November 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tsvetomir very good and comfortable hotel
Nice hotel. Good facilities for business meetings.
Bigger pool or tennis court would be good to have as well.
November 28, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by TGV1 Perfect hotel
Excellent staff and friendly team in the living room. Stay many times now and it won't be the last !
November 26, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Phillip88 Need to Improve and up to date this old hotel
The hotel overall has excellent staffs force in every aspect, well trained and self motivated.
but the "hardware" just too out-of-date and old, and not functional anymore. Yes i'm aware that refurbishing is ongoing currently but not sure if the following points are taken into consideration and planned for improvements. if yes then this hotel is truly a gem in Bangkok centre with highly good "hardware" matched with unparalleled "software".
1) The bathroom need overhaul, tiles and the the colour need changed.
2) The tub is just too shallow for even a small body like myself to be totally submerged in water! what about a bigger size Westerner!
3) The shower head need to be changed to a bigger 8 inch diameter type of rain shower from directly above type like many other hotels now has installed. Even my house has one. I recommend Brand HansGrohe from Germany.
4) The bed/mattress is so old that it sags overall particularly in the middle. And very bad for the back. it's of older technology type, If one were to sleep longer over a long stay will surely develop backache! Moreover its time to upgrade to a pocket spring type of mattress which is good for the back and any movement in the mattress is well tolerated, and totally no disturbance to the area other than yourself or next person sleep right next. I recommend Serta brand which I'm using at home.
5) The bathroom shower door need a side rubber seal to prevent water from flowing out in room 2814.
6) The Tv channels always dropped services and never able to get back to normal viewing although some channels setting were back to normal after notifying through the room service. some channels were set wrongly totally irrelevant to the present program intended.
7) At Health club jacuzzi tub water is dirty and murky water and bottom tiles is slimy. imagine the layer of dirt stayed there. It needs a good filter to maintain cleaner water for easy cleaning.
8) Staffs overall from housekeeping to concierge to front office to restaurant, and living room are all exceptional quality. The management has done excellent job in training and motivating them to feel proud of the hotel they worked in thus discharging their duties with pride and good and well mannered to all guest.
Will be back soon. Hope changes to the "Hardware"
November 25, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Cooper69 Excellent location
Had a comfortable stay. Staff was outgoing and supportive. Location is an advantage and was good for a holiday
November 20, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Hopee This hotel is central to both for both business and pleasure
the hotel is well located to cater for both business and pleasure
November 16, 2014