Rated 1 out of 5 by salley rooftop resturant
we had a 7 pm dinner res. we arrived on time, The waiters were just setting up the tables. We all waited till 7:25 before anyone was seated. there must have been 40 people kept waiting. It was an insult. Then they hurried to take our order, one usually has an cocktail. When we were ready to order no one was to be found. ordered steak tartar, We had to mix the ingredients , 30 minutes later my pasta seafood arrived. It was to salty, couldn't eat. husband ordered a ham salad. to much ham no salad and 1/2 unpeeled kiwi, no spg double pts. very disappointing 70th birthday
December 1, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by ChicagoSPG Avoid if you are SPG member
Love the looks of the hotel, great location, Venice. Unfortunately, hotel staff is very slow and doesn't distinguish SPG customers from others (no recognition of SPG status). Check-in took more 45 minutes (includes staying in line of non-SPG customers), checkout about 30 minutes. Elevator broke often - customers had to take multiple-flight stairs. Water taxi was around 30 min and was not on first come/first serve basis. Restaurant for breakfast was fabulous, but dinner was a different story - it required reservation 2-3 days ahead (even when 3/4 empty and you are SPG platinum staying at the hotel). Very disappointing.
July 29, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Cindyyang 酒店很有特色
very good location with history.
November 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rich2809 Just go!
This is one of the very, very rare hotels that manages to make travel special. This hotel is not a typical business hotel or a tourist hotell it is a world class property, soaked in history. It is a destination.
Sure the staff are not overly friendly. They want to look after you, not become your best friend.
Meals are fantastic, breakfast on the roof terrace is stunning.
Yes it is expensive, it is worth it.
Remember, this is not a typical chain type of hotel, that you will forget next week, this is a once in a lifetime experience, stunning
February 25, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kemist Wow, Roof top restaurant
Ok before I go into the other details, can I just say OMG roof top restaurant. Make sure you have breakfast up there and have their breakfast buffet. Great quality breakfast, very attentive staff and amazing views 180+ degrees of venice coast.
Location is footsteps from the St. Marks Square, literally. Right in front of Waterbus stations as well. This is the cream of the crop of locations.
Concierges are very thorough, just need to get their attention.
We didn't have dinner there but if the dinner is like the quality of the breakfast then it's worth it.
Platinums should choose the free breakfast and not points. Great full breakfast buffet every morning before you go and explore.
Overall would stay here again but it's pricey but would do you expect when you are on the Rodeo drive of Venice!
July 2, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Rob54 Worse quality/price ratio ever experienced
Stayed two nights in Sept 2013; two rooms at a high price per night. Reception was gastly: arrogant and with superficial attention professional, treated us as one of many, with no personal touch or care; called us "lucky" for the rooms we were assigned. Found a piece of broken glass in bathroom during first night, avoided by pure chance not cutting myself. Found two glasses in room with "paper cover" on, but with spotted and dirty rim. Lastly, aside from an eloquent apology, never even received a complimentary drink or discount for the trouble. Will never stay again at your hotel.
September 26, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by ALLORA Magnificent hotel
My friend and I arrived at the Hotel Danieli and were greeted very warmly by the reception staff and were given an upgrade to a canal room with an amazing view and very roomy balcony with a table and ample seating. I felt like pinching myself. The location of the hotel could not have been better and the charm and history of the Danieli is magical. Contrary to some reviews, the concierge was extremely polite and helpful. They directed us to some of the best restaurants we had the pleasure of enjoying on our 11 day trip to Italy. When we arrived at these restaurants and were told that the Danieli sent us, they treated us like royalty-- even those that were very crowded. One thing to note about the Danieli--the room numbers are confusing and do not abide by the American standard of rooms on 3rd floor start with a 3, rooms on 4th floor start with a 4 etc.... We had many laughs finding our way to our room and even out of the hotel (only one door in and out) since being in the newest building we had to cross over a hallway that is really an outdoor bridge to the 2nd floor of the main hotel but this is all far from apparent when doing it and signage is not abundant. It almost added to the adventure as we were enjoying roaming around this great, historic hotel that I could only hope to return to and enjoy once again.
May 24, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lance Best Starwood Property in Venice, Italy!
As Platinum Starwood Members, we were very impressed with the Daneili Hotel. The hotel has one of the best locations in all of Venice overlooking the end of the Grand Canal and exudes wonderful old world charm. If you are a loyal Starwood member, you have three choices while in Venice - Gritti, Westin, or Danieli. We visited each one. All were very nice and you can not go wrong staying at any one of them. But if you have a choice, pick the Danieli. Here's why:
- Location- The hotel is within a short walk to all the major attractions. The Vaporetto and Water Taxi's are steps from the front door.
- Charm - The hotel is made up of three beautiful palaces. The Danieli Excelsior palace was the most recently renovated, The lobby is stunning.
- Rooms - We were given a beautiful suite on the corner of the 4th floor of the Excelsior which had a connecting room where our friends stayed. Dark woods, marble, and red tones were used throughout. The balconies were some of the largest in all of Venice.
- Service- Registration, concierge, and maid services were all outstanding. Thanks to Alesseio for all the excellent suggestions.
-Other Helpful Hints:
1. Take a water taxi to and from the hotel. It's worth the 70 to 80 Euro each way.
2. Buy a 48 or 72 hour Valperetto pass. It's a great way to see and experience more of Venice. Explore all the islands.
3. Get tickets to see a concerto or opera one evening. Venice has great musical talents. Wear your best!
4. If the weather is nice, have lunch, dinner, or a drink on the terrace of the Danieli. Breathtaking!
5. Spend a day exploring Venice. Get lost and see what happens.
6. Get an early start every day. Once the cruise ships dock around 10am you'll be waiting in long lines. Go early to go to the top of Saint Mark's tower to see the wonderful city! And don't go without visiting Doge's Palace and walk across the bridge of sighs.
7. Ask to eat where the locals eat. Read up on tipping and service charges so you know what to expect.
8. Take a day trip to Verona or Prosecco Hills if you would like a change of venue. Book in advance if your trip as they fill up fast!
We loved Venice and the Danieli Hotel. It was a trip of a lifetime you'll treasure forever.
October 22, 2011