Santorini—also known as Thira—is renowned as the most beautiful of Greece’s 56 Cycladic Islands. Located 200 kilometers southeast of the mainland, the island covers 96-square-kilometers and attracts international tourists seeking its volcanic black-sandy beaches, sugar-cube Cycladic buildings, twisting stone alleyways with gregarious nightlife, blue-domed churches, and azure sea.
Santorini’s dramatic beauty was formed by a massive volcanic eruption that took place over three and a half thousand years ago around 1645-1600 BC. Rumors abound that this eruption was the demise of the legendary lost city of Atlantis. Lost city or not, Santorini is steeped in rich history, and Vedema Resort has the advantage of being located near the airport and the port of Athinios—convenient to all area attractions.
Some especially notable sites are:
• The ancient Minoan city Akrotiri: Dominated by a medieval fortress, this is one of the most inspiring sites in Greece.
• The Archaeological Museum: This impressive museum contains Hellenistic artifacts, Byzantine art, and remains of prehistoric times.
• Thira: Santorini’s most ancient city houses Dorian, Byzantine, and Roman remains.
• The Museum of Prehistoric Thira: This collection chronicles the island's history from the Late Neolithic to the Late Cycladic period.
• 18th Century monastery Profitis Illias: Located on the highest point in Santorini, the monastery contains both an enchanting church and folk museum.
• The Red Beach and the black sands of Perivolos: These beaches are renowned as some of the most breathtaking in the world.
• Thirasia: This nearby island with hot springs and impressive volcanic structures makes an unforgettable day trip.
Closer to the resort, the beaches of Kamari and Perissa host diving centers and offer a bevy of water sports. These activities, horseback riding, and more can be arranged through The Luxury Collection Concierge. The island’s best shopping options are Fira's renowned designer stores located only a few miles from the resort.
The currency is the Euro and the electrical system is European Standard 220 volt. Santorini's official language is Greek, however; English is prevalent and French, German, and Spanish are spoken in large villages.
Visualizzare la Mappa dell’area locale
Arte e Cultura
- Antica Thira, Santorini 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Antica Thira, Santorini 10.0 km/6.2 miglia
- Scavi archeologici Akrotiri di Santorini 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Scavi archeologici Akrotiri 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Sunset Cruise 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Mostra sul vulcano di Santorini 15.0 km/9.3 miglia
- Crociera dell’isola di Mykonos 96.6 km/60.0 miglia
- Ospedale generale di Fira 7.0 km/4.3 miglia
- Vlihada 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Fira 7.0 km/4.3 miglia
- Antica Thira 10.0 km/6.2 miglia
- Vulcano Kammeni 15.0 km/9.3 miglia
- Oia 20.0 km/12.4 miglia
- Mykonos 96.5 km/60.0 miglia
- Creta 96.5 km/60.0 miglia
- Fira Town 7.0 km/4.3 miglia
- Spiaggia privata 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Ambasciata degli Stati Uniti 330.0 km/205.1 miglia