Blessed with a subtropical climate, Haikou is an ideal destination to visit year round. Often referred to as “the city of coconut palms,” Haikou is the capital of Hainan Province, situated on the northern tip of the island – a gemstone of the South China Sea.
Fill your day with a tour of Haikou's historical sites. Maan Ridge Volcanic Crater, situated 15 kilometers from Haikou city, features clusters of craters formed by volcanic eruptions dating back one million years – the main crater is 200 meters above sea level. The Five Officials Memorial Temple is an ancient complex regarded as a cultural treasure of Hainan Island. The temple was built in memory of the five famous officials banished to Hainan during the Tang and Song dynasties.
Explore BoAi Road, located in the old city district and populated with heritage buildings once home to many wealthy overseas Chinese people. The streets are filled with many small local stores selling snacks, daily necessities, handicrafts, festival decorations, and much more.
An adventure of nature. Enjoy scrumptious seafood on the east coast of Hainan Island at Dongjiao Coconut Grove, surrounded by the many coconut trees that fill the area. Or start your day early and travel to Tonggu Mountain to watch the sunrise from this 388-meter high peak and take in the views of stone houses and historical temples. Finish your day at Jinshuimen Seafood Restaurant on Xinbu Island, a short 10-minute drive from Haikou city where you can select your favorite local seafood to be cooked Hainan style – with an option to dine on the restaurant boat.
Two international golf courses are within a 10-minute drive of the resort – the PGA-style West Coast Golf Club was designed by the famous Dye family.
Jinlong Food Street is a favorite amongst locals and visitors alike. The neon lit bustling food street is just a 15-minute drive from the resort and features mouthwatering cuisine from Japan, Korea, and the many provinces of China including Hunan, Sichuan, Shandong, Xinjiang, Guangxi, and many more.
View Local Area Map
- Sinopec China Petroleum & Chemical 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- China Telecom (Hainan) 9.0 km/5.6 miles
- China Mobile (Hainan) 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Hainan Airline Company Limited 11.0 km/6.8 miles
- Coconut Palm Group Company Limited 13.0 km/8.1 miles
- Hainan Yedao Co. Ltd 14.0 km/8.7 miles
- Hainan Power Network 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- China National Offshore Oil Corporation 17.0 km/10.6 miles
- China Unicom 18.0 km/11.2 miles
- Hainan Xingye Polyester Co. Ltd. 18.0 km/11.2 miles
- Hainan Haiwoo Tinplate Co. Ltd. 19.0 km/11.8 miles
- Hainan Minsheng Gas Corporation 21.0 km/13.1 miles
- Hainan Automobile Group 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Coca Cola Beverages Ltd. 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Sundiro Honda Motorcycle Co. Ltd. 36.0 km/22.4 miles
- Huaneng Hainan Power Inc. 37.0 km/23.0 miles
- West Coast International Golf Club 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Harui Tomb 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Xiuying 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Xixiu Beach 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Holiday Beach 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Crater Scenic Park 35.0 km/21.8 miles