Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort, Albufeira
Powered by Foursquare
Along Portugal's southernmost shores, the picture-postcard region known as the Algarve captivates travellers with its dramatic red sandstone cliffs marching toward an imperial blue Atlantic Ocean. Renowned for its gorgeous beaches, warm waters, and exceptional golfing, the Algarve's year-round sunshine makes it an ideal holiday retreat.
With a rich history dating back thousands of years to the Phoenicians and Carthaginians, it was the arrival of the Arabic Moors in the eighth century that would have the most significant and lasting influence on the Algarve—the traces of which are seen today in the whitewashed architecture, narrow streets and flower gardens typical throughout the region.
The Luxury Collection Concierge recommends the following as unique places to explore, all accessible by car or organised tour:
- Explore the medieval village of Silves—from the impressive walls of its Moorish castle to the Ponte Romana Bridge recalling the presence of the Romans.
- Journey to Monchique, the highest point in the Algarve, nestled between the mountains of Foia and Picota and offering spectacular panoramas of rolling hills and the ocean beyond. Famed for its thermal spas, an exploration of its steep cobble-stoned streets leads to ancient churches, monastaries, and the small doorways of local artisans.
- Discover Alte, an extremely pretty village in the midst of unspoilt and hilly countryside. Noted for its whitewashed architecture, narrow streets, gardens filled with flowers, and hanging baskets, Alte is typical of the Algarve region.
- Portuguese is the national language spoken throughout the Algarve, although most locals will also speak some English. The Euro is the accepted currency and most stores and restaurants take all major credit cards and European debit cards. There is a shopping complex just 15 kilometres from the hotel, accessible by car, which is open daily from 10am to 11pm.
The Pine Cliffs Residence Resort operates on a 220 volt electrical system.
For additional details or to make specialised arrangements, please contact The Luxury Collection Concierge at (351)(289) 500 100.
View Local Area Map
Local Area Recommendations Powered By Foursquare
Praça de Touros de Albufeira-
Praia da Falésia-
Bliss - Zona VIP-
Arts & Culture
- Baroque Church, S. Lourenco (National Monument) 21.0 km/13.1 miles
- Moorish Castle of Silves 35.0 km/21.8 miles
- Albufeira Hospital 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- 1st People's Hospital/SOS Center 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Bull Fighting 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- Casino de Vilamoura 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Sagres Fortress 90.0 km/55.9 miles
- Faro (Capital of Algarve) 40.0 km/24.9 miles
- Zoomarine 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- Slide and Splash 34.0 km/21.1 miles
- Marina de Albufeira 9.0 km/5.6 miles