The newer of the two ski areas, Blackcomb was opened in 1988. Although similar in vertical rise to Whistler, Blackcomb has slightly more intermediate and advanced terrain.
Blackcomb is the choice for intense vertical cruising. Lakeside Bowl, 7th Heaven and Xhuggy’s Meadow are legendary among ski enthusiasts.
- Ski Season: November to June
- Summit Elevation: 7,494 feet
- Base Elevation: 2,214 feet
- Vertical Rise: 5,280 feet
- Total Skiable Acres: 3,414 acres
- Number of Trails: 100
- Longest Run: 7 miles
- Terrain: 15% beginner, 55% intermediate, 30% advanced