With 3,100 acres of cruisers, steeps, terrain parks, and half-pipes, Snowmass is best known for wide-open, groomed cruising and family-friendly activities. All skiing and snowboarding enthusiasts will appreciate its variety of runs.
Some of the West’s widest-open runs await in the Big Burn and the wild ride of Hanging Valley. Snowmass also comprises three terrain parks, one superpipe, one rail yard, and the Children’s Ski and Snowboard School.
- Ski Season: mid-November to mid-April
- Summit Elevation: 12,510 feet / 3,813 meters
- Base Elevation: 8,104 feet / 2,473 meters
- Vertical Rise: 4,406 feet / 1,343 meters
- Total Skiable Acres: 3,100 acres / 1,255 hectares
- Number of Trails: 87
- Longest Run: 5.3 miles / 8.5 kilometers
- Terrain: 3,100 acres / 1,255 hectares
- Difficulty Distribution: easiest, 7%; more difficult, 55%; most difficult, 18%; expert, 20%