Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok
The Luxury Collection Concierge
From dinner reservations at the finest city restaurants to private tours of historical landmarks, our team always perform with efficiency and aplomb. Turn to them for travel arrangements, childcare services, floral arrangements, theater and sports tickets, directions, general information, and so much more.
The Luxury Collection Concierge recommends the following as unique places to explore in the local area:
1) The Grand Palace – The magnificent buildings in the Grand Palace complex served as the homes of the Thai royal dynasty. Today it hosts a variety of significant public, political, and social functions and ceremonies.
2) Emerald Buddha Temple – One of Thailand's most sacred and important temples is located within the Grand Palace complex. It houses the famous large green jasper Buddha brought to Bangkok by King Rama I in 1778.
3) Wat Pho - Bangkok's largest temple, Wat Pho features the beloved 150-foot, gold-plated sculpture of a reclining Buddha. The feet alone, embellished with inlaid mother of pearl signs of the Buddha, are ten feet long. Wat Pho is the center of the eponymous massage style found all over Thailand.
4) Jim Thompson House - The former home of Jim Thompson, credited with developing the Thai silk trade, has been converted to a stunning museum dedicated to the famous Thai Silk brand known throughout the world. A premium collection of art and antiques is of particular note.
5) Canal Tour by Long Tail Boat – Travel the Chao Praya River and canals or "khlong" of Bangkok in a private long tail boat, exploring the city's many sites at leisure. Boats may be rented per hour or day from the center pier and carry up to 20 passengers.