Rated 5 out of 5 by henesy123 Absolute perfection
I could go on and on about the Hacienda, the incredible staff, delicious food, etc. My wife and I took a week long relaxation focused trip to Santa Rosa and couldn't imagine a more perfect stay. The major highlights (although certainly not all the great aspects of HSR):
- Food: We ate every breakfast, (most lunches) and every dinner at the Hacienda's restaurant for 7 days. Literally everything was delicious, really represented the culinary legacy of Mexico and the Yucatan, and we never got remotely tired of the menu!
- Nearby cultural experiences: We took the short drive to a nearby Cenote, and Uxmal and Kabah ruins. Amazing experiences all around and easily reachable with our rental car.
- The room: We were fortunate to stay in the Patron room, which was out of this world (30 foot ceilings, a hammock in our bathroom - what?!). On our walks around the property we saw a few other room types as well and saw they all were beautiful, some with private pools, etc.
- The staff: some of the most friendly, attentive, and truly talented hotel staff we've ever encountered. They went above and beyond all the time, and even brought us a bottle of our favorite local spices to take home! Can't say enough about them - true class.
- Property: HSR has figured out a very difficult challenge - that is how to offer a boutique style setting with the amenities of a 5 star hotel. They do this with flying colors - the property is absolutely stunning, with classic architecture, amazing pool scenes, yet with every possible modern detail thought of as well.
We took a quick day trip to Hacienda Temozon as well - definitely beautiful and more "resort-y", but honestly didn't have the same feel as HSR. We will 100% be coming back to Hacienda Santa Rosa, and we can't wait.
March 26, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by ChiFlyer Charming
We stayed here only for 2 nights and could have happly spent a week. We were torn during our stay--there's plenty to explore in the area, but you must have time to spend time at the Hacienda to relax and enjoy the hotel itself. The service we received was remarkable, every need we had seemed to be anticipated--one instance of which was upon mentioning we'd be heading out for the day to explore some ruins and a cenote, the staff had a basket prepared for us with water and towels and fresh flowers placed it in our car when the valet brought it to us. Our room had a great patio with a plunge pool that could be filled with hot water--a feature that we really enjoyed and had never seen before.
February 25, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by SaraG Amazing!
We went to Santa Rosa to celebrate an anniversary. The staff was exceptional - from excellent advice by the concierge before our arrival to special attention throughout our stay. We used 'earned awards', which required booking a standard room, but they upgraded us to an amazing suite with a plunge pool - highly recommend these rooms. Proximity to Uxmal (which was truly a great excursion) and Merida was great; and we rented a car to drive to/from both, which was really easy. There's plenty to do in the area - we didn't even make it into Merida - we stayed 3 nights, but could have filled at least one more day. Also, we asked for a bonfire the last night, and the staff even offered/setup a table near it for our dinner! I can't recommend this hotel highly enough if you're looking for a relaxing/romantic weekend.
November 9, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by rcwatkin Family of 5 had amazing Experience.
Can't say enough about our experience. In addition to the great food and rooms and attentive staff at the resort, our 3 children (9,12,16) met some wonderful local children in the park across the street for some pickup soccer. The 9yr old even went to the school the next day to give them his soccer ball as a token of appreciation. Other than a good day trip to a nearby underground swimming hole, not much in the area, but the resort experience, combined with the genuine local hospitality created some memories and lessons that will last a lifetime.
November 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Perico Pedro frutos
A great experience in this beautiful hotel ..
If you want to relax I will recommend you the hacienda Santa Rosa
July 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marcosarto Exceeded my expectations
The hotel is in a typical Mexican & picturesque setting, ideal for relaxation and to use as a base for excursions in the surrounding area. The staff couldn't be more welcoming and attentive and it certainly helps that there are only 10 rooms as it makes a stay there even more exclusive. Because it is in a remote location , for food you are dependent on the hotel restaurant , unless you are prepared to drive to the next bigger village (about 15mins) .
March 28, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Charlytq Indeed a Luxury Experience
Since our arrival it was an impecable experience, from the staff service and the facilities in general. Everyone is always asking and reaching your needs. Eventhough this Hacienda is not too big, it achieves all of our expectations. The food is excellent, really a gourmet experience. We totally recommend Hacienda Santa Rosa.
December 4, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cicy Pour un séjour calme
Quelques jours parfaitement intégrés dans un beau voyage pour marquer un anniversaire de mariage (circonstance parfaitement soigné par l'accueil local
April 24, 2014