Rated 5 out of 5 by Mikefm Great stopover
We only stayed in this hotel for one night on our way to Lisbon to visit friends. The hotel was an oasis after a few days of long, tiring drives. Our room was clean, the bathroom large and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the staff excellent. The hotel had a great gym, which we both used. April, 2015
April 14, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by jec1973 Excellent Staff and Great Facilities
Whilst this is a large hotel, the staff make it seem very personal. The spa facilities are excellent, the rooms a fantastic and well equipped and the food in the restaurant is both tasty and very good value. We would definitely use this hotel again for business or pleasure
April 3, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Izzyfaia Isabel
We had a wonderful experience. The staff was very attentive and courteous. I dont recall the doorman's name that assisted us with finding local attractions and directions but he was especially helpfull. Thank you for the wonderful time. Porto is an amazing city is so is the Sheraton Porto. Keep it up.
March 17, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ant1999 Simply best hotel in the city!
Great hotel, with amazing architecture and features; great staff, very kind and responsible. Spa is one of the best in the country! Restaurant with impecable service.
March 17, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Club2430 Another 1 night stay in Porto
As good as my first visit last month. Just a a few additional review points from this visit.
1. When I checked in, the agent apologized that as the hotel was full, I would not be upgraded to a club room. This immediately made me feel I was going to get a second rate room. HOWEVER, the room on floor 7, albeit smaller than the last visit, was extremely modern, very clean and contained everything I needed for a the visit. Suggestion - tell the guest that they will still be in a lovely modern room, albeit, not on the Club Floor!!
2. The bed though on floor 7, was no where near as comfortable as the bed on the Club Floor, which did give me a very poor nights sleep.
3. On check out, I was asked whether I wished to make a Euro 1 donation to charity. My answer was that I would make a Euro 10 donation if the hotel matched my amount with a similar sized donation. The agent was bemused by my suggestion, which was shrugged off. I wonder why the hotel felt unable to match my donation??
March 11, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Club2430 1 night in Porto Sheraton
Very nice hotel, old from the outside but very modern on the inside. I always like to see staff neatly turned out and NOT chewing gum.. The staff at this Sheraton, were very well turned out & not chewing gum..
Check in was smooth, except no one offered to show me to my room, which is always a nice touch in a hotel where I have not stayed before.
I thought the club floor rooms were EXCELLENT, spacious and comfortable..
Some direct comments...
1. Door keys kept failing... and no it was not held close or near to my cell phone
2. I never saw any staff in the club lounge. The lounge itself was excellent, but usually you see some members of staff in the lounge to assist..
3. OK, I scored the food and beverage low... Main reason for this was I was hoping to see more local / Portuguese dishes on the menu.. I felt very bad choosing a pasta with smoked salmon ... for dinner...
Overall though an excellent hotel and one I would return to..
February 11, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Paulinho Jan. 2015
Sheraton is Sheraton ! Simple the best.
January 26, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by AndrewT84 Perfect Stay
Great stay. Check in process took almost no time and the hotel proactively upgraded me (as a Platinum) to a Junior Suite. Many times, I feel, you have to "fight" for an upgrade. The fact that this was proactive to begin with was a major plus! Staff was also great in helping me plan my day and what sights to see.
I needed a button mended and asked for a sewing kit; however, I was informed they didn't have any but instead the staff sent up someone from the Laundry Department to mend the button for me! Talk about service! :)
Breakfast was offered in both the Club Lounge and also in the restaurant. I selected to eat at the restaurant and was served promptly. Selection was terrific, including a made-to-order omelet bar.
Between the gorgeously appointed room, proactive service, and excellent staff....I would definitely recommend the property!
The only downside to the stay was the location; the hotel is not super close to all the tourist sites. Even so, I would not hesitate to return in the future and take an Uber into City Center.
Thanks for a wonderful stay!
January 6, 2015