Rated 3 out of 5 by ultrajack Wonderful staff, very well facilitated, but extremely bad food and beach
We come as two families, with 2 todellers. We originally expect this seaside resort should have wonderful private beach, warm pool and good food as other Shareton.
The reception staff is very freindly and helped to fullfilled my requirements as much as possible. -- also very thoughtful followup on my requests, even by using private cell phones.
However, there are two catastrophic experiences for the hotel that doing real damage to the trip, and here I have to share, so SPG can really do something to fix it.
1. The beach, is really small, and not maintained. It's a part of a long beach line, on which, construction sides are along the beach, next to the hotel. The worst point is, the private beach is so mall (max 300 meters long) was so crowded, there are only 10 beach chairs, while in the winter day, at least 50 guests at the beach. The sand and water quality is real dirty, with oil sting from the fishing boats. (not really ideal for swimming)
--- It is so over croweded and spotted with rubbish that even outside of the hotel area, the beach next to the hotel (now is for a construction site) is with better quality.
2. The Food is suprisingly, unatrually, unbelievablely disgusting. We had been to several Sheratons already, which always enjoying the food quality. In this hotel, we tried 3 places for food, literally non of them serve qualified food that could reach common standard.
- The western/South east ASIA style fusion restaruant. We had Vietnam beef rice noodle ( it is not raw beef, but canned beef, and not at all Vietnamese) Chinese dish "Bao Zai Fan" was not cooked directly from raw rice, but just mixed cooked rice with meat, which was not how it should be cooked!
- Bar in the lobby, we had 2 peices of Strawberry and Chocolcate mousse cake, which the cream/mousse was so sticky, taste rather like gummy bear than cream/mousse.
- Before we go, we had breakfast. I wonder why the staff in restaurant challenge our 2 toddler ( 3 year old）need to pay extra. As our room is with breakfast pakage for 4 adults, we come with 3 adults and 2 toddler. Which toddler 3 years old are free of charge in any hotels I stayed before. --They let us in, like the 2 toddler took 1 adult breakfast share...(OMG) Let alone the food quality. --- Any cooked food, feel free to skip. Any food directly from the shelf that can ensure taste normal.
I higly suggest Sheraton to do some investigation/research to this hotels' food quality. Otherwise, with this food service, it is really hard for anyone eat in the hotel to have a nice stay.
January 3, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by Sholes Sherton Huidong !
Staff was Courteous !! AC in the room and Corridor was not good at all !! It was hot inside the room and the Fridge did not work !!
October 8, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by maygong70 This hotel disapoints me.
This is my second time to stay at this hotel. I had good expenrience last time but it disappointed me this time (I stayed there on Sep. 7). The mini bar of the room was locked and there wasn't bathrobe in the room. The worse experience is the air conditioner in room didn't work very well. It was very hot during my stay.
September 9, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by TLLC The worst value for money ever
This hotel is too expensive according to what you get: staff has a really poor English level, the air con in my room didn't work, I had to call 3 times to the reception for getting someone to fix it, after that, they couldn't fix it and I had to wait more than half an hour to get a new room (it was already midnight). My new room had dirty sheets and the toilet was not clean enough, I found many mosquitos in my room. The breakfast was really bad. While checking in, they wanted me to pay for the wifi (the signal was totally bad, by te way) they never offered me free wifi being a spg member (I had to let hem know about it).
After my staying I filled in the questionnaire (as usual) but, surpringsily, I got no email from the Sheraton group asking me about my complaints (as they normally do).
After thisexperience, I would try to avoid any Sheraton hotel new for me.
August 29, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by HuizhouNoway This hotel only has the appearance.
-outdoor BBQ food was so bad, the worst 5 stars hotel buffet ever!
-air conditioning was too warm. and was 30something degree in the summer!
only place feeling chill is the public toilet that amazes me!
-told me all rooms are full instead of solving my air-con problem at the beginning. until problem can not be fixed and 'spare' a room for me finally!
-beach is not dull
August 21, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by mulole worst experience ever in a sheraton hotel
I am an unfortunate guest of your hotel in Huidong, the experience has been so below my expectations that i decide to write here since after having waited at least 30 minutes before i could obtain the general manager's email address from your front desk staff and manager on duty I have been given an incorrect email.
Besides the general comments about the food buffet at your Feast restaurant that the night that I ate there were below the level of any 2 stars hotel in any developing country , i have to say that the room cleaning and features are way below acceptable level , the service is non existing and most personnel unfriendly and un polite with very few exceptions
In addition to my poor experience i am surprised to notice that your staff has a very rudimental knowledge of the preferred guest program and for sure they do not have any idea of the Platinum status and of the amenities connected to it , the bill was incorrect and I have been overcharged and the check out was painfully slow and not professional ,
Thanking you for your time ,
July 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Verified Reviewer Weekend holiday
The hotel is very nice,food is good,rooms are very comfortable.
On the beach there were no chairs. and the sea is not clean.
May 5, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by HCAO Worn out
Nicely located within the bay. A small small beach surrounded by rocks. Outdoor spas are must try but somehow they do not turn the water heating system on. A good jetty to fish but I doubt if there is any fish exists within the proximity.
At least 1 hour drive just off the nearest exit of any major highways. Once you exit from the highway and drive towards the hotel, the road condition becomes absolutely hilarious.Those with off-road equipped vehicles you will probably find it to be a very good 4WD safari.
The hotel restaurants are hopeless except the morning buffet and the local seafood restaurants nearby are selling at inflated premium made me confused if I was paying at Dubai.
The Platinum Member Recognition is weak. I was upgraded to a small suite in the middle of hotel and could barely see the sea. The occupancy at the time was less than 10% I suspect but they did not provide me a better room next to the sea. Expect self-service throughout as the staff are short handed. There is no Club Lounge so there is no happy hour. However you can have some complimentary peanuts and expired French wine at the lobby bar before dusk.
The walls in the room were cracked and some paints are worn out. You can not believe this is a CAT 4 property, below normal Sheraton standard.
Overall a mixed feeling experience, will bring my own food and wine to enjoy the outdoor spas if I have to go to this hotel again.
March 5, 2014