Rated 2 out of 5 by enidrajm Charge happy
I was frustrated that I was put in a room in a "sister property" versus the one I believed I was booking. The staff worked to get me into the right place, but my first 2 nights of 5 were subpar. During check-in I was told the internet was complimentary and any charges would be credited at check-out. It seems that policy is a hit or miss and the charge stayed on. The part that really has me bent is the double hold they put on my debit card! Fine, I understand wanting your money up front, but doubling the amount is UNACCEPTABLE! Now, my life is on hold for 3-5 business days when the charges "fall off." I've just felt like a secondary citizen to this resort and I'm not inclined to stay with them again.
July 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by fred2222 Exactly what i wanted at a great price.
I would enjoy staying here again.
July 23, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by TravelGirl1010 Wildwood Snowmass - Neglected Property
• Care of the property is poor. The lock on the door to our on room fell apart. Not feel real confident of the up keep or the security of the rooms at that point.
• It was clearly evident that the bathroom floor was not mopped.
• I have stayed at several other Westin properties and opted into the green program to not change linens daily. However, Wildwood was the first where the staff did not bother to collect trash daily. So in order to have trash removed from the room we had to request linen changes which seems to be a waste.
• The staff was polite and friendly but the competency level of the staff was low. On multiple occasions, we had to request the same things multiple times that should have been simple requests.
• When I set my reservation I attempted to extend it for an additional day but could not do it online which means I had to call in to do so. When I arrived, there were no notes on either reservation indicating this to be case as the person I originally spoke with on June 3, 2014.
• Upon arrival, the representative that checked me in stated that they could tie the reservations and there would be no issues, however, I attempted to get into my room the evening of 7/7/2014 and could not because the key cards had been set to expire.
• It was 4 requests for laundry detergent before we actually received any.
• The room was stocked with coffee and cups, but instead of the cleaning staff replacing only the items that had been used, they added more of what was not used and neglected to replace what was used including cups to drink the coffee.
• On June 25, 2014, I emailed a member of the staff to coordinate transportation to (7/2/2014) and from (7/8/2014) the airport. Upon arrival, there was no one there and on my check out day I spoke with 3 different people about transportation and they were still late picking us up to go to the airport.
• Elevator on the property was often broken. Further, it is a 4-story property but the elevator only goes to the 3rd floor.
• Upon check out, we asked if it was possible to split the payment on 2 credit cards. The Westin representative indicated that it would be no problem. We asked that half of the bill be charged to the American Express card used to reserve the room and half on another card. Email receipts were to be sent to both cardholders. Only one receipt has been sent for the additional card. The receipt for the charges that were supposed to be applied to my American Express has not been received.
• I have called the hotel again and they indicated that it would be sent. At this point, still no receipt received. I am not confident that this was handled properly and cannot seem to get to the correct staff member for assistance. I would like to receive a receipt of charges for my stay from 7/2 – 7/8 as soon as possible via email so that I can confirm that I have not been wrongly charges for extra fees since I cannot be confident that errors did not occur.
July 8, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by JamesonW Find a different hotel.
I would give them a zero if I could. The hot water was broken in our room and they would never send a maintance person. The heater would not turn off in both rooms making it unbearably hot, They were 3 hours late checking us in because they didn't have a room available. Restaurant service was horrible and slow, also random charges appeared on everyone in my parties credit cards that we used in the bar. When contacted the hotel said they would take of this, refund part of my stay and be in contact with me, almost 1 month later and i have called multiple times and they never return my calls since the inital call
February 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mary2704 This hotel was perfect for our vacation!
We were attending a State Harley Davidson Rally and it was our first time in Snowmass CO. We thoroughly enjoyed our first time experience in Snowmass Village and your facility.
July 11, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by peagreen17 It's a fine place
I was really nervous about this hotel, based on previous reviews. I called ahead and expressed my concerns. Kayla (***kudos to her!) at the front desk said the hotel was under new management as of last Dec and they were still working out some problems and she assured me that it would be fine for us. The hotel was clean, well kept, amazingly comfortable bed and linens, view of the outdoor pool and hot tubs plus the beautiful mountains, convenient location right in the Village. The staff was completely accommodating to our every need, even sent us a little tray of munchies and a thank you note for trusting that it would be okay. It definitely was!
September 7, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by DeanM Many Problems
This hotel is an outdoor entry hotel. It is very close to the slopes, restaurants, and Snowmass Mall. The lobby bar and sitting areas are quite nice. However, there were quite a few problems including hot water not working for 2 days, housekeeping room service missed on multiple days, calls for additional towels were unheeded. If you stay, be mindful of your room choice. The elevators only go to the 3rd floor and they are slow and antiquated. You will be hiking your suitcases up to the 4th floor. In my brother's room, the heating system was not working and they had to deliver space heaters. The management team tried to be accommodating and did icomp a meal at the Snowmass kitchen. The on site restaurant was quite good for lunch. Be sure to pass on the breakfast - it was not very good.
January 2, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Scubagurl Underwhelmed
Where oh where were the ice makers and fan for the room so you didn't overheat? Why was the bed a mush pit? Were the bathroom vanities only for little people?
This property needs to be torn down or upgraded.
July 1, 2014