Rated 4 out of 5 by Martin1954 Met Expextations
Met expectations is all I want to say
March 17, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Fred1975 Nice Hotel
Excellent service and nice location.
December 1, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Khalid Khalid
This hotel has great dacilities.
March 27, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Jon43 This hotel needs to be renwed
This hotel needs to be renwed
November 3, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by johnrobert Wonderful Stay
The staff was the very best
December 20, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Taldebsi March 2013 visit
This hotel is great .....
April 2, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Austonian Large, Spacious Rooms
Solid hotel choice in the Doha area. Not overly fancy, but rooms are large and all have great views. The staff is great and the property is close to most attractions. I would recommend this property.
Three aspects of this hotel I enjoy:
1) SPG Redemption Options: I stayed on cash and points and felt the hotel was an overall good value for what I paid. I don’t know if I would personally pay the standard Category 6 (20,000 – 25,000) points per night for this property, however. Because this hotel is older, a Category 6 rating doesn’t seem consistent with the overall condition of this property.
2) Rooms: My room was very large with a separate living room, entry way and bedroom. The bathroom was equally as impressive with a separate shower (which is nice). Also, the views of the sea were great. I had coffee each morning on the balcony and watched the sun rise.
3) Fitness Center: Amazing, full fitness center. Highly recommend.
Two areas for improvement:
1) Restaurants: It was particularly difficult to get into the restaurants on the lower level of the hotel. All were fully committed most weekend nights. It would be nice if guests staying at the hotel had some sort of priority or way of getting on the reservation list. I had to dine outside of the hotel.
2) Location: The hotel is located on a little jetty into the water. So if you just want to run down the street to pick something up, it’s not possible. It’s a fairly significant walk—or you’d need to take a taxi. However, some may enjoy the hotel being located away from the hustle and bustle of the main avenue.
For SPG elite members…
Good cash and point redemption options and availability for SPG elites. Upgrades are VERY nice.
October 11, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 My twin Hotel Sheraton Doha Hotel.
The love story between me and the sheraton starts when I was a small child for many many reasons, first of all we were born together on 1982, also because my father took us there randomly, playing on the small red bricks on the entrance, going to the top by these great panorama left which was the first in Qatar and the best till now, we were looking to the amazing views from the top pointing to the red carpet on the round stairs where we chased and played, then looking to the place where we had our delicious lunch under the beautiful dome, laughing on the people in the lobby while they are getting small and small and small. my brother, my 3 sisters and me thought that this is the paradise and it's our home. I thought that Sheraton Doha Hotel is the best hotel all over the world and all Sheraton Hotel should be in the same pyramid shape and the same spacious lobby.
On our 30th birthday Sheraton Doha Hotel and me, I got one night free by winning there competition on twitter, I got my voucher from The manager and I book that night on the sweet 15th of November 2012 to celebrate my wife's birthday. after that I do realize that it is really that Sheraton Doha Hotel is the best, not only because of the Wonderful places superb view from the leisur rooms and the hotel location, also for the kind of the staff everywhere, calling my name just like they knew me since I was born. I felt like they all celebrating our lovely occasion sending flowers to the room, complimentary birthday cake with a custom card to Miss Barghouti. My mother slept really deeply after a long days of insomnia on the Sheraton comfort bed, we had the same great breakfast like when I was small, my pretty wife walked on the sandy beach, run on the red round carpet stairs, play in the swing in the green garden.
Finally still I feel Home, I am very very very happy being there just like my Mother, my Wife and my Mother in law.
Thank you Sheraton
November 19, 2012