Rated 3 out of 5 by GreigG Standards have dropped.
I have stayed at this hotel many times and been very happy with the standards. On this visit there was a marked deterioration in the service levels. This was evidenced by:
- newspaper being offered on check in but being delivered on some days but not others.
- staff in the restaruant at breakfast who consistently failed to clear away dirty dishes.
- a coffee machine in the suite and despite a request for coffee pods and an assurance they would be delivered, they never turned up.
- porter took more than 20 minutes to arrive on checkout at 7pm
- Service Express failing to answer the phone on numerous occasions such that I actually got a technician to check the phone because I thought it was not working.
September 14, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by TAN1894 One of the finest hotels in London
My wife, two children (ages 11 and 9) just checked out following a week's stay in two adjoining rooms at the Park Tower. I am a platinum Starwood guest and am used to upgrades, but this hotel went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. From guaranteeing adjoining rooms prior to our arrival, to a glorious buffett breakfast each morning (a highlight for our children), to superb staff who engaged our kids and helped us plan many outings, to wonderfully comfortable rooms -- this was a 5 star stay all around. When we are next in London, this is where we will stay. One of our best hotel experiences ever.
August 22, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by chichisan improvements
no do not disturb sign - feel unsecured
not welcome reception desk
concierge never updates reservations made
September 9, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bill2013 Truly a relaxing and top notch hotel in London
Just finished a long week-end at this property and was very impressed with the quality of the stay, absolutely everything was perfect. From the location, to the room comfort to the view and food, it was world class. As someone that stays 100 nights a year in hotels, i always have mixed feelings about trying out new hotels on vacation trips. I'll definately be making this my preferred hotel in london.
July 28, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by tucker99 Great location
The Kensington area is a great shopping area with easy walks to Hyde Park (Kensington Palace), Green Park and St James Park (Buckingham Palace). The Underground is a half block away to access to SoHo, Piccadilly Circus, Convent Gardens, etc. The hotel is also a resonably 45 minute Taxi to the airport. The only slightly negative comment would be the speaker in the bathroom from the TV. If someone is having a bath and trying to read there is no way of adjusting the volume to be different or off from the main room.
July 16, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by JohnN Beautiful hotel, ugly attitude from staff
Stayed here for one night on a free night award the night before flying home from Heathrow. Front desk staff was rude and had a bad attitude (continued chatting to colleague even though she had seen me standing there). She also failed to call me when the room was ready, despite having promised to do so, and no apologies for forgetting. Not sure if the bad service was due to staying on Starpoints, or if we were deemed unworthy of VIP service (loads of Rolls Royces/Maseratis/Ferraris in valet parking), but did not appreciate the attitude one bit. Loved the decor and the room itself was really nice, but there are many luxury hotels in London with better service. Great location, nice hotel, but bad service.
June 27, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by ABAR charged for rooms when booking was cancelled
ive made a booking on 5 may for a stay on 13 may. the cancellation policy on this booking was that; i can cancel a day before the stay, which was 12 may. on 11 may, i cancel due to circumstances. all booking references was recorded into the system, and yet this hotel has charged me! it s been more than 2 months, despite giving all the information and evidence by calling, in person(met the front desk officer) and by many emails, speaking to tristan the GM, they have not reversed the bill. Very very bad customer service. i ve stayed at many SPG hotels, this is def the worst!
July 3, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Laurentiu Great hotel in a leafy upmarket London neighborhood
Booked this hotel thanks to its central location in London, my SPG membership as well as the need to feel pampered for our 20th marriage anniversary :-). We spent six nights, yet we would have loved to spend twice as much.
Beside getting immersed in this city's awesomeness every single day, we enjoyed the following hotel features:
- the room (we were upgraded to a Panoramic room on a high floor with nice view over Hyde Park): spacious, clean, comfortable bed with soft and spotless linen;
- One-o-one Restaurant: sublime food (we enjoyed probably the best crab we've ever had) and a remarkable sommelier (congratulations!). If it's amazing food with perfectly paired wine that you're after when you go to a restaurant in the City, then go for 101!
- the courtesy, smile and flawless service of most of hotel's staff. But, as in 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves', at least one must be the Grumpy. In this case it was the butlers...
Two other areas of improvement towards perfection:
- provide complimentary freshly brewed coffee upon request (not just instant coffee) as many luxury hotels around the world do;
- introduce the 'wow factor' in the breakfast buffet (which is good otherwise, but nothing worthwhile to remember).
Overall a nice experience, we definitely recommend the hotel!
August 11, 2014