Welcome to Iguazú, a complete paradise surrounded by nature. Iguazú, which means "The Great Waters" in the Guarani language, is located in the northern part of the province of Misiones, right on the Argentine-Brazilian frontier.
Listed as a UNESCO World Natural Heritage Site and voted one of the New7Wonders of Nature, the Iguazú Falls and Iguazú National Park's natural splendor and lush vegetation are a must-see. The falls extend over 2,700 meters, with over 260 waterfalls reaching 70 meters high. They can be appreciated from Argentina or Brazil, with the magnificent Devil's Gorge defining the border between the two countries.
There is a beautiful view from a watchtower that is located in the Hito Argentino (Argentine milestone), right in the confluence of the Iguazú and Paraná rivers. This area draws the boundaries of the Argentine sovereignty with Brazil and Paraguay. The sight of the two rivers flowing together along with the exuberant vegetation is calming, yet amazing.
In addition, the city is filled with history and culture. Adventure tourism and activities include bird watching, horseback riding in the forest, flora and fauna sightseeing, Zodiac boat rides along the river, visits to Guaraní settlements, golf, bicycle rental, rural tourism, and much more.
A visit to the Jesuit Missions ancient ruins are also a must. These 17th and 18th century missions were founded to convert the Guaraní aboriginals to Christianity.
Average temperatures range from 25ºC / 77°F in the spring, to 35ºC / 91°F in the summer, and 25ºC / 77°F in the fall.
Visualizzare la Mappa dell’area locale
Arte e Cultura
- Three Borders Landmark 19.3 km/12.0 miglia
- Rovine dei gesuiti 250.0 km/155.4 miglia
- Cascate di Iguazu 1.6 km/1.0 miglia
- Garganta del Diablo (Gola del diavolo) 2.0 km/1.2 miglia
- Sentiero Macuco 3.0 km/1.9 miglia
- Bird Watching 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Zodiac Boat Rides 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Foz de Iguacu 17.7 km/11.0 miglia
- Casinò Igazu 18.0 km/11.2 miglia
- Aripuca 19.0 km/11.8 miglia
- Raices Guaranies 19.0 km/11.8 miglia
- Precious Stones Mines (Wanda) 30.6 km/19.0 miglia
- Itaipu Dam (Brasile/Paraguay) 50.0 km/31.1 miglia
- Cascate di Mocona 317.0 km/197.0 miglia
- Universidade Nacionale de Posadas 300.0 km/186.4 miglia
- Posadas, Argentina 300.0 km/186.4 miglia
- Golf Club Iguazu 30.0 km/18.6 miglia
- Equitazione 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Bird Park 37.0 km/23.0 miglia
- Hospital Samic Publico de Auto Gestion 20.0 km/12.4 miglia
- Consolato brasiliano 18.0 km/11.2 miglia