Located in the medieval town of Elciego, the Hotel Marques de Riscal and its surrounding City of Wine provide the ideal starting point from which to explore the nature, tradition and exquisite gastronomy associated with wine.
From the Marqués de Riscal's winery itself, the area’s first wine cellar built in 1858, to the Museo del Vino Dinastía Vivanco, Europe’s largest wine museum, to the nearby villages of La Guardia and Cenicero where ancient wine-making rituals continue today—guests may expect to stimulate their senses and satisfy their thirst for adventure.
The Santiago Pilgrimage route—representing centuries of European history—passes only a few kilometres from the hotel. The area is also ideal for a bike ride or stroll through rolling vineyards and along the Ebro river, the longest in Spain.
Our Luxury Collection Concierge will be pleased to assist guest with recommended day trips and guided tours.
The primary languages spoken in the area are Spanish and Basque. However, staff at the main tourist offices and points of interest tend to speak English and some French.
The currency used is Euro. Many places accept credit cards but guests should expect to need cash for local bars, shops, tourist attractions, restaurants and gratuities. Traveller cheques are rarely accepted.
Most shops and cultural attractions such as wineries close during lunch hours. Some do not open in the afternoons, so we recommend planning cultural trips mainly in the mornings. During the holiday season and the summer, opening hours tend to be more reduced. We recommend reconfirming opening times with the different cultural attractions and The Luxury Collection Concierge, and when possible, making tour and restaurant reservations in advance. It should also be noted that most museums are closed on Mondays.
The electric system is 220V and sockets are continental European. It is recommended for guests to bring adaptors and transformers when travelling from a country with a different system. These may also be requested at the hotel and are subject to availability.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Dinastia Vivanco Wine Museum 20.0 km/12.4 miles
- San Millan de La Cogolla Monastery 39.0 km/24.2 miles
- Artium Museum 82.0 km/51.0 miles
- Enciso Paleontological Centre 98.0 km/60.9 miles
- Guggenheim Museum 110.0 km/68.3 miles
- Hospital de Leza 6.9 km/4.3 miles
- Golf Logrono 19.0 km/11.8 miles
- Izki Golf 35.0 km/21.8 miles
- Larrabea Club de Golf 95.0 km/59.0 miles
- Ruta del Vino 1.0 km/0.6 miles
- Santiago Pilgrims Way 19.0 km/11.8 miles
- Panoramic and Over Vineyards Flights 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Donostia San Sebastian 155.0 km/96.3 miles
- Laguardia, ES 5.2 km/3.2 miles
- Logrono, ES 24.0 km/14.9 miles
- Vitoria Gasteiz, Spain 45.0 km/28.0 miles
- Bilbao, ES 110.0 km/68.3 miles
- Pamplona, ES 122.0 km/75.8 miles
- Valdezcaray Ski Resort 50.0 km/31.1 miles