Le Méridien Nouméa
A unique destination full of biodiversity, New Caledonia is bathed by clear waters in the South Pacific. In addition to its marvellous beaches and brilliant sunshine, its preserved ecosystem is frequently sought out by nature lovers. The coral reef uniting the archipelago and surrounding an extraordinary lagoon is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Nouméa, the capital of New Caledonia, is located on the southern tip of the island. Forming the largest lagoon in the world, it is surrounded by translucent, blue tropical waters, mountain ranges, long golden stretches of beach, and a red coral.
The city, often referred to as “a little piece of France,” combines all the laid-back atmosphere of the South Pacific with the urban elegance of France—from the profusion of old French colonial houses, with ornate wrought-iron balconies, tree-lined squares, and men playing petanque, to French-inspired cafés, restaurants, and designer-label shopping, Parisian style. In contrast, a ten-minute walk reveals the contemporary architecture of the Baie des Citrons, Anse Vata, and Port Moselle, Nouméa’s modern face.
Nouméa offers a prolific variety of leisure activities, from tennis, golf, squash, and cricket to bush-walking, horse riding, and hunting. The huge barrier reef surrounding the island makes water sports the main recreation; activities that can be enjoyed year-round include sailing, windsurfing, swimming, snorkelling, and scuba diving. A ten-minute walk from the resort leads to a taxi boat that can take guests to Duck Island or Ilot Maitre for snorkelling or simply relaxing on a sunbathing chair.
For a look at wildlife, the legendary cagou or roussette, evolving among the endemic species of New Caledonia, can be observed at Le Parc Forestier (Forest Park). The lagoon’s aquarium, situated on Anse Vata Bay, is among the most magical places of Nouméa. Incredible treasures include the nautilus, phosphorescent corals, wrasses, and sharks.
For those who prefer indoor activities, there are many nightclubs and bars. The Grand Casino de Nouméa is adjacent to the resort and open daily. Cultural journeys can be taken at the Museum of New Caledonia, the City Museum, the Museum of Maritime History, and the amazing Tjibaou Cultural Center—a symbol of reconciliation and openness between the cultures that populate New Caledonia.
Посмотреть карту окрестностей
Arts & Culture
- Museum of New Caledonia 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)
- Tjibaou Cultural Center 7.0 км/4.3 мили (миль)
- Maritime Museum of New Caldonia 8.0 км/5.0 мили (миль)
- IRD / Institut De La Recherche Et Du Development 2.0 км/1.2 мили (миль)
- CHT Gaston Bourret 6.0 км/3.7 мили (миль)
- University of New Caledonia - Nouville Campus 10.0 км/6.2 мили (миль)
- University of New Caledonia - Magenta Campus 10.0 км/6.2 мили (миль)
- Tourism Office 2.0 км/1.2 мили (миль)
- SMSP 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)
- Vale Inco 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)
- Chambre De Commerce De La Nouvelle Caledonie 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)
- Falconbridge 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)
- Societe Le Nickel 10.0 км/6.2 мили (миль)
- CREIPAC / Pacific Center for International Meeting & Exchange 15.0 км/9.3 мили (миль)
- Tina Golf 10.0 км/6.2 мили (миль)
- New Zealand Consulate General 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)
- Australian Consulate General 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)
- US Airfield Naval Base 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)
- Grand Casino De Noumea 0.1 км/0.1 мили (миль)
- Promenade Pierre Vernier 0.2 км/0.1 мили (миль)
- Plage Loisirs (Water Sport Rentals) 2.0 км/1.2 мили (миль)
- Secretariat of the South Pacific Community 2.0 км/1.2 мили (миль)
- Duck Island 1.0 км/0.6 мили (миль)
- Amedee Island 20.0 км/12.4 мили (миль)
- Nouméa Aquarium 2.0 км/1.2 мили (миль)
- Ouen Toro Park 3.0 км/1.9 мили (миль)
- Zoological & Botanical Park 10.0 км/6.2 мили (миль)
- Palm Beach Shopping Center 1.0 км/0.6 мили (миль)
- City Center Shops 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)