Located in the heart of the Athens Riviera in the elite neighborhood of Vouliagmeni, The Westin Athens Astir Palace Beach Resort is perched on a private peninsula overlooking the crystalline waters of the Saronic Gulf. The resort’s inimitable location provides a peaceful and scenic environment, while offering limitless possibilities for activity and entertainment right nearby.
Reaching the resort is easy, with the Athens International Airport only 15.5 miles (24 km) away. The cosmopolitan Athens city center is the same distance away, for easy access to a wealth of cultural attractions, such as the historic Acropolis and other treasures. Only a few minutes from the resort is the elegant district of Glyfada, renowned for its high-end shopping. The surrounding area tempts visitors with delightful excursions, from archaeological sites at Cape Sounion to atmospheric landscapes, such as the beaches along the Posidonos coastal road.
As in all of Greece, the local currency is the Euro and the national language is Greek, although English is widely spoken in tourist areas. Tourists traveling with electronics should note that the electric system uses 230 volts; up to 380 may be available upon request. Local shopping hours are generally 9am to 2:30pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, and 9am to 8pm on Tuesday and Thursday (with most shops closed on Sunday).
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Museum of Cycladic Art 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Acropolis 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Ancient Agora 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Lycabettus Hill 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Vouliagmeni Lake 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Syntagma & Constitution Square 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Temple of Poseidon 35.0 km/21.8 miles
- Glyfada 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- The Plaka 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Cape Sounio 35.0 km/21.8 miles
- The National Garden 25.0 km/15.5 miles
- Megaro Concert Hall 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Piraeus Port 25.0 km/15.5 miles