All the 99 islands in the Langkawi archipelago have been designated as the Langkawi Geopark, South East Asia’s first Geopark with a land area stretching 478 square kilometers.
Board the Langkawi cable car for some breathtaking views of the islands, rural lowlands and the seas as far as Thailand. Take in the hillside flora, a bird's eye view of the Telaga Tujuh waterfalls and the occasional glimpse of the wildlife, including some high-flying birds.
Buffs of mystical tales will enjoy exploring the local sites, which are steeped in ancient legend. See the shimmering waters of Tasik Dayang Bunting, said to be the favourite bathing pool of a celestial princess. Experience Gua Cherita, a cave steeped in a fabled story of mystery and romance. Or, stroll through Makam Mahsuri, a mausoleum erected in honour of a beautiful maiden unjustly accused of adultery. There are as many stories as there are sites in this magical part of the world.
For those craving city sights, Kuah is the place to be. Once a rustic town with a few streets, it is today a thriving centre with modern hotels, shopping, and business complexes. It’s also a duty free shopping haven with a tempting range of local and luxury goods, and plenty of restaurants offering various culinary delights—especially fresh seafood. And don’t miss the Pasar Malam—the night market—where locals gather to sell handcrafted goods and traditional Malay foods.
A five minute distance from the resort you find “Telaga Harbour”, a spanking new gateway and destination for yachts plying the region that’s accessible by both road and sea. A safe and sheltered harbour, it evolved from a small, idyllic fishing village into a self-contained township with its own bank and postal service; shops, food outlets, as well as fuel and bunkering service.
Посмотреть карту окрестностей
- 99 East Golf Club 16.3 км/10.1 мили (миль)
- The Golf Club Datai Bay 28.0 км/17.4 мили (миль)
- Gunung Raya Golf Course 29.5 км/18.3 мили (миль)
Искусство и культура
- Mahsuri’s Tomb 4.7 км/2.9 мили (миль)
- Oriental Village 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)
- Langkawi Cultural and Craft Complex 16.1 км/10.0 мили (миль)
Магазины и торговые центры
- Kuah Town Duty Free Shopping 20.8 км/12.9 мили (миль)
- Jetty Point Shopping Center 25.4 км/15.8 мили (миль)
- Yatch Club - Harbour Park 3.6 км/2.2 мили (миль)
- Seven Wells Waterfall 5.9 км/3.7 мили (миль)
- Crocodile Farm 9.1 км/5.7 мили (миль)
- Scuba Diving in Marine Park 10.0 км/6.2 мили (миль)
- Mangrove River Tours 10.0 км/6.2 мили (миль)
- Langkawi Crystal Center 16.1 км/10.0 мили (миль)
Отдых и развлечения
- Langkawi Payar Island Marine Park 13.0 км/8.1 мили (миль)
- Underwater World 19.2 км/11.9 мили (миль)
- Bird Sanctuary 22.6 км/14.0 мили (миль)
- Bowling Alley - Jetty Point 25.4 км/15.8 мили (миль)
- Mahsuri International Exhibition Center (MIEC) 6.0 км/3.7 мили (миль)
- Cable Cars 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)
- Langkawi International Airport - LGK 6.5 км/4.0 мили (миль)