Known as the “Hawaii of the East,” Hainan Island is a tropical paradise located off the southern coast of China in the South China Sea. Four Points by Sheraton Hainan, Sanya is situated on the southern part of the island, just across from the beach at Sanya Bay and next to restaurants, bars, and nightlife. Shopping and night markets are also plentiful. Another plus, Sanya Phoenix International Airport (SYX) is just a 15-minute car ride away.
Activities abound in Hainan. Hit the beach to collect seashells and splash in waves of the clear blue sea. Enjoy a watersport activity, go diving, or charter a boat. Play a game of tennis or a round of golf. The area has a number of high-level golf courses, several convenient to the hotel.
An easy drive away, Tianya Haijiao, which means “edges of the heaven, corner of the sea,” boasts impressive views. Or, check out the beautiful butterflies at Sanya Butterfly Valley. Located near Longtan Lake, the valley has an exhibition center and a butterfly enclosure. For an open-snapshot of local sea life, stop by China’s first comprehensive seashell museum, Sanya Sea Shell Museum, at Central Square in the Yalong Bay National Resort.
For a genuine mountain excursion, head to Wuzhi Mountain, also called “Five Finger Mountain.” Found in the center of the island, the mountain is the symbol of Hainan and its highest peak. Hike to the top, soak up the beautiful scenery, and discover imposing waterfalls amid a tropical rainforests, majestic peaks, and streams.
Do everything at Four Points by Sheraton Hainan, Sanya—or nothing at all.
View Local Area Map
- Sanya People Hospital 2.3 km/1.4 miles
- Nanshan Temple 35.4 km/22.0 miles
- Sanya Tourism Bureau 2.4 km/1.5 miles
- Hainan Sanya International Golf Club 30.3 km/18.8 miles
- Tianya Haijiao (End of the Earth and Corner of the Sea) 17.7 km/11.0 miles
- Yalong Bay 20.9 km/13.0 miles
- Seven Fairy Hot Spring 22.5 km/14.0 miles
- Luhuitou (Turn-Round Deer) Park 9.7 km/6.0 miles
- Butterfly Park 24.1 km/15.0 miles
- Sanya Duty-Free Shop 6.6 km/4.1 miles