The 239-year-old Equinox Golf Resort & Spa is perhaps the best witness to the well documented history of Manchester, Vermont. In its early days, the town was almost exclusively known as a playground for the rich and famous, with the Equinox as its distinguished centerpiece. Today, this magnificent estate is open to the public, offering tours of its formal gardens in the summer, and cross-country skiing and snowshoeing during the winter months.
Of course, the hotel is still the epicenter of this elegant and affluent village. A number of small shops are within steps of the hotel and its marble sidewalks, as is The Equinox Golf Club. Everything in Manchester Village is well manicured and pleasing to the eye, including several very impressive inns and dining establishments. The Southern Vermont Arts Center is also a Manchester landmark and is more than worthy of a visit.
Shopping is a popular activity in Manchester, and guests of the Equinox are invited to browse area boutiques or stroll through crafts and antique stores. Head over to the Manchester Center, where 100 designer outlet shops wait to be explored just one mile from our Southern Vermont hotel. The Village Shops at Equinox, located across the village green from the resort, feature the best in distinctive Vermont clothing, crafts, and antiques.
While Manchester is rightfully celebrated as a spectacular New England vacation getaway for skiers and snowboarders, fantastic summer activities abound. Guests can select from world-class mountain biking, horseback riding, hiking, and much more. Grab a backpack and explore 2,900 acres of woodlands, meadows, ponds, and streams in Merck Forest. Ride in a paddleboat or canoe along Emerald Lake or Lake Shaftsbury for stunning views from the water. Walk or jog in the early morning while the breathtaking sunrise stretches over the surrounding mountains.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Hildene (The Lincoln Family Home) 1.6 km/1.0 miles
- Southern Vermont Art Center 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- Manchester Music Festival 4.8 km/3.0 miles
- Dorset Playhouse 24.1 km/15.0 miles
- Bennington Museum 32.2 km/20.0 miles
- Weston Playhouse 34.8 km/21.6 miles
- Southwestern Vermont Medical Center 45.0 km/28.0 miles
- Rutland Regional Medial Center 45.0 km/28.0 miles
- Southern Vermont College 51.5 km/32.0 miles
- Mack Molding 12.9 km/8.0 miles
- Orvis Company 13.2 km/8.2 miles
- Battenkill Canoe 8.0 km/5.0 miles
- Bromley Mountain 16.1 km/10.0 miles
- Bromley's Sun Mountain Adventure Park 16.1 km/10.0 miles
- Stratton Mountain 27.3 km/17.0 miles