Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa is situated on its own island - one of 250 inhabited isles among the over 1,100 comprising the Republic of Maldives - and is surrounded by tropical turquoise waters and its own lagoon. We are conveniently located 15 minutes away from Ibrahim Nasir International Airport by speedboat - so guests will not be inconvenienced with overnight stays in Malé or long waits for seaplane transfers.
If guests wonder what Maldives has to offer on top of sun, sand and sea, their curiosity can be satisfied by taking a short speedboat ride to Male’ for a visit. Located at the Southern edge of North Malé Atoll and only 20 minutes by speedboat from the Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa, Malé is the capital and the largest city in the Republic of Maldives; holding approximately one-third of the entire population.
Enter into the realm of the Maldivians at the National Museum, where history is re-lived. Discover the roots of the Maldivians which have shaped them to be the friendly and welcoming people they are today. Visit the tomb of Mohammed Thakurufaanu, a national hero, who liberated the Republic of Maldives from the Portuguese in 1573.
Feast your eyes on the city’s architectural marvel: the legendary Mulee-aage Palace built by Sultan Mohamed Shamsuddeen lll. It’s currently the President’s Office - wave to the president as you visit his house. Take the opportunity to experience firsthand the sacred Huskuru Miskiiy, the oldest mosque in the Republic of Maldives, built in 1656 and designed to accommodate up to 5000 people.
Shopping is always an option, especially at the renowned Northern end of Chaandhanee Magu. From traditional artifacts to the latest technology, Malé has it all. Have a glimpse at the lively fish market, the hub of commercial activities. Or head over to the fruit bazaar to feast on some delicious Maldivian coconuts.
Finish your visit to Malé at one of the many great local cafes and enjoy a relaxing afternoon tea after a long day uncovering the beauty of Malé.
Other local features and activities include:
- Amazing undersea viewing on snorkeling excursions available.
- 40 Dive Spots within 1 hour or 4.0 km/2.5 miles.
- Abundant locales for sunset or big-game fishing.
- Dolphin watching on sunset cruise.
- U.S. dollars as accepted currency throughout the resort.
View Local Area Map
- Island Hopping Tours 6.0 km/3.7 miles
- Surf Spots 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Water Sports Centre 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Private Boat Hire 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Catamarans 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Dolphin Sunset Cruise 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Big Game Fishing 3.0 km/1.9 miles
- Male Visit 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Orofini Jewellery 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Boutique by Island Breeze 0.0 km/0.0 miles
- Malé (20 minutes by speedboat) 7.0 km/4.3 miles