Le Méridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa
Meaning “God of Great Power” in Sanskrit, picturesque Mahabaleshwar is a small hill station situated in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Located approximately 120 kilometres southwest of Pune and 265 kilometres from Mumbai, Mahabaleshwar is bordered by verdant valleys on all sides. Surrounded by the rare evergreen forests of the Western Ghats, Le Méridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa enjoys a unique atmosphere of unhurried relaxation.
Dating back to 1215, Mahabaleshwar enjoys a rich cultural heritage as an important pilgrimage site for Hindus. During the British Raj of the early twentieth century, the city acted as the summer capital of Bombay province. Today, it serves to delight visitors with a unique a mix of old world charm and spectacular natural beauty.
The area is beloved for its many temples. We recommend hiring a rickshaw to explore historical treasures such as the Krishnabai temple, known as the source of River Krishna. The Panchganga temple commemorates the convergence of five rivers—Koyna, Krishna, Venna, Savitri and Gayatri. Not to be missed, the iconic Mahabaleshwar temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. On the grounds you will find 500-year-old lingam, while the temple interiors feature artifacts such as Lord Shiva’s 300-year-old trishul, rudraksha, and damru.
Further historical landmarks can be found at Mount Malcolm, the Mahabaleshwar Club, and Moraji Castle. Explore the pride of the Maratha Empire—the Pratapgad Fort. Built in 1656, it is located just 24 kilometres outside of town.
For breathtaking views over the hill range around Mahabaleshwar, visit one of the lookout points such as Wilson Point, Arthur’s Seat, Baghdad Point, or Bombay Point. Discover beautiful scenery and fascinating wildlife with a trek or horseback ride through the mountains and witness the many unusual species of indigenous birds. Experience the impressive spectacle of Lingmala Falls, Chinaman’s Falls, or Dhobi Falls. Vena Lake is a popular destination for the whole family. Visitors may take a boat ride, go fishing or horseback riding, and more.
Mahabaleshwar is also the strawberry capital of India, with many farms spread across the region. Gourmands will delight in the local gastronomy, including chikki, a traditional Indian sweet made with jaggery and nuts.
Visualizzate la Mappa dell'area locale
Arte e Cultura
- Pratapgad Fort 21.0 km/13.1 miglia
- Wilson Point 2.0 km/1.2 miglia
- Cascata Chinaman 3.0 km/1.9 miglia
- Il club 3.0 km/1.9 miglia
- Cascate di Lingmala 4.0 km/2.5 miglia
- Cascate di Dhobi 4.0 km/2.5 miglia
- Mumbai Point 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Lago di Venna 6.0 km/3.7 miglia
- Lodwick Point 6.0 km/3.7 miglia
- Picco di Connaught 7.0 km/4.3 miglia
- Giardino di Mapro 13.0 km/8.1 miglia
- Elphinstone Point 13.0 km/8.1 miglia
- Tomba di Afzal Khan 22.0 km/13.7 miglia
- Tempio di Panch Ganga 9.0 km/5.6 miglia
- Pune, India 120.0 km/74.6 miglia
- Mumbai, India 261.0 km/162.2 miglia
- Mercato locale 3.0 km/1.9 miglia
- Aeroporto internazionale di Pune 129.0 km/80.2 miglia
- Aeroporto internazionale di Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji 268.0 km/166.5 miglia