Le Méridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa
Meaning “God of Great Power” in Sanskrit, small and picturesque Mahabaleshwar is a hill station situated in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Surrounded by rare evergreen forests in the Western Ghats is an atmosphere of unhurried relaxation at Le Méridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa. We are located near the city centre on Satara Road. The journey time to Pune International Airport (PNQ) is about 90 minutes by car.
Dating back to 1215, Mahabaleshwar has a rich cultural heritage and is an important pilgrimage site for Hindus. Hire an autorickshaw and visit one the nearby temples, including the iconic Mahabaleshwar Temple. Inspirational historical landmark sites can be found at Mount Malcolm, the Mahabaleshwar Club, and Moraji Castle. Glimpse at the pride of the Maratha Empire at Pratapgad Fort. Built in 1656, it is just 24 kilometres outside of town. Or capture the marvelous views at Wilson Point, Arthur’s Seat, Baghdad Point, or Bombay Point.
Explore the limitless natural scenery. Trek through mountains and witness the many unusual species of birds and animals that dwell in the forests, or go horseback riding. Embrace your senses at the impressive Lingmala Falls, Chinaman’s Falls, or Dhobi Falls. Surrounded by trees, Vena Lake is also popular. Visitors can take a boat ride, fish, go horseback riding, and enjoy local cuisine and games in the entertainment area.
Gourmands will delight in the local gastronomy, including chikki, a traditional Indian sweet made with jaggery and nuts. The region is also highly regarded for its fruit products, strawberries, mulberries, honey, and jams. During strawberry or mulberry season, you can visit one of the local farms and pick them in the fields. For those interested in the art of making honey, stop by the educational beekeeping centre. The lovely handcrafted leather footwear found here is also worth discovering.
Посмотреть карту окрестностей
Arts & Culture
- Pratapgad Fort 58.0 км/36.0 мили (миль)
- Panch Ganga Temple 9.0 км/5.6 мили (миль)
- Wilson Point 2.0 км/1.2 мили (миль)
- Chinaman Waterfall 3.0 км/1.9 мили (миль)
- The Club 3.0 км/1.9 мили (миль)
- Lingmala Waterfall 4.0 км/2.5 мили (миль)
- Dhobi Waterfall 4.0 км/2.5 мили (миль)
- Mumbai Point 5.0 км/3.1 мили (миль)
- Venna Lake 6.0 км/3.7 мили (миль)
- Lodwick Point 6.0 км/3.7 мили (миль)
- Connaught Peak 7.0 км/4.3 мили (миль)
- Elphinstone Point 13.0 км/8.1 мили (миль)
- Mapro Garden 13.0 км/8.1 мили (миль)
- Afzal Khan's Tomb 58.0 км/36.0 мили (миль)
- Pune, India 120.0 км/74.6 мили (миль)
- Mumbai, India 261.0 км/162.2 мили (миль)
- Local Market 3.0 км/1.9 мили (миль)
- Pune International Airport 129.0 км/80.2 мили (миль)
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Mumbai 268.0 км/166.5 мили (миль)