Our resort is located in China’s northeastern Jilin Province in the beautiful Changbai Mountain Range, extending through several counties. A visit to this official nature reserve covering over 200,000 hectares brings you into contact with a native ecosystem where more than 200 animal and bird species dwell in dense, undisturbed forests.
Exhilarating downhill and cross-country skiing opportunities abound along trails surrounded by unspoiled birch forests flanking deep gorges. Other winter sports—such as slalom skiing, ski jumping, snowmobiling, ice fishing, and ice skating—can also be enjoyed in the area. In warmer months, outdoors activities include boating, downhill grass skating, and water skiing. After a full day of revitalizing activity, visit the nearby hot springs.
Save a clear day for the sublime Heavenly Lake, China’s largest volcanic crater lake, located just 32 kilometers from the resort and featuring magnificent views. The source of three rivers, this lake earns its name from its height of more than 2,100 meters. Catch glimpses from its peak of a spectacular waterfall, other lakes close by, and China’s largest ice-skating training center.
Historical and cultural opportunities are also available nearby. Stroll around the architecturally impressive Imperial Palace of the Manchu State—once the official residence for Pu Yi, the last emperor of the Qing Dynasty. Or take a day trip to the ruins of Gaojuli, an ancient kingdom that boasts a Fourth-century pyramid housing the king’s tomb, plus mural-adorned graves.
View Local Area Map
Arts & Culture
- Jinseng Museum 30.0 km/18.6 miles
- Songhua River Boating 7.0 km/4.3 miles
- Heavenly Cave 26.0 km/16.2 miles
- Changbai Mountain West Gate 32.0 km/19.9 miles
- Changbaishan Lake 32.0 km/19.9 miles
- Xianrenqiao Hotspring 53.0 km/32.9 miles
- Changbai Mountain North Gate 165.0 km/102.5 miles
- Songjianghe Town 15.0 km/9.3 miles
- Changchun City Center 350.0 km/217.5 miles
- Lushuihe National Forest Park 127.0 km/78.9 miles
- Changbaishan Airport (NBS) 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Bailong Bay 75.0 km/46.6 miles
- Changchun Longjia International Airport 360.0 km/223.7 miles