Sheraton Luxor Resort
Named “Thebes of the Thousand Gates” by the Greek poet, Homer, Luxor consists of three main areas: the city of Luxor on the east side of the Nile, the town of Karnak just north of Luxor, and Thebes on the west side of the Nile. Luxor has often been called the world’s greatest open-air museum, as indeed it is and much more.
Located in the heart of the city of Luxor, the Temple of Luxor, known as the “southern harem of Amun,” was once the venue for complex liturgical rites.
Karnak was the largest and most impressive religious center in ancient Egypt, with 2,000 years of history. It is a monumental complex and in its center stood the Temple of Amun-Re, the king of the gods.
The Luxor Museum, built along the Nile, is a small, but elegant museum which contains important archaeological finds from the Theban region and some masterpieces of ancient Egyptian art.
Explore the history of Luxor through one of our special “themed nights,” which are held in the one of the Luxor temples or tents. For reservations, please contact the hotel.
Visualizzare la Mappa dell’area locale
Arte e Cultura
- Museo della mummificazione 3.1 km/1.9 miglia
- Museo di Luxor 5.0 km/3.1 miglia
- Tempio di Karnak 7.0 km/4.3 miglia
- Tempio di Luxor 3.1 km/1.9 miglia
- La Valle dei Re 13.0 km/8.1 miglia
- La Valle delle Regine 13.0 km/8.1 miglia
- Centro congressi di Luxor 6.9 km/4.3 miglia
- Centro di Luxor 3.2 km/2.0 miglia
- Stazione ferroviaria di Luxor 3.2 km/2.0 miglia
- Aeroporto internazionale di Luxor 11.3 km/7.0 miglia