Located in the heart of the Mediterranean, Sardinia is an island of extreme beauty, contrasting landscapes and a vibrant cultural heritage. Embraced by 1,800 kilometres of extraordinarily beautiful coastline—the Costa Smeralda among its most stunning—it is a destination famous for its beaches and water sports, offering everything from sailing and windsurfing to snorkelling and diving.
Renowned for the purity of its waters and characterised by dramatic cliffs that line white-sand beaches, the Costa Smeralda has been welcoming the world's travelling elite since the 1960s. Discover designer boutiques and exceptional dining, as well as a thriving nightlife at La Piazzetta. Nearby, the acclaimed Pevero Golf Club challenges even the most discriminating players, while inland, mountainous terrain interspersed with juniper trees and wildflowers protects a history spanning four millennia with prehistoric archaeological sites, ancient nuraghi stone structures unique to Sardinia, and Phoenician, Punic and Roman architectural ruins and monuments.
For a true appreciation of the island's diversity, our concierge recommends the following excursions during your stay:
• Porto Cervo for world-class shopping.
• Stella Maris Church, designed by renowned Italian architect Michele Busiri Vici in his acclaimed Mediterranean style.
• Il Trenino Verde, 'the little green train,' an authentic locomotive steam engine named by the World Wildlife Foundation due to its route through some of the island's greenest and most magnificent landscapes.
• The National Park of Archipelago of Maddalena, the unspoiled islands of Mortorio, Soffi and Maddalena explored by boat.
• The "Bocche di Bonifacio," journey by boat to the extreme tip of Corsica and the Sperone Golf Course.
Other unique highlights of the area include:
• The Grotto of Ispinigoli, renowned for its spectacular stalagmites.
• The Blue Marino Grottos, accessed only by boat and one of the last habitats of the monk seal.
• Li Muri, an intriguing archaeological site dating back to 3000 BC.
• A mini rally around the Costa Smeralda.
• Cerasarda Tile Factory, original Sardinian ceramics evoking a unique Mediterranean style.
• World-class shopping in Porto Cervo and Porto Rotondo.
• A journey through the idyllic villages and picturesque landscapes of the Gallura region's hinterland by car.
• A Sardinian handicraft demonstration of tapestries, jewellry or wood carvings.
View Local Area Map
- Pevero Golf Club 5.0 km/3.1 miles
- Porto Cervo 10.0 km/6.2 miles
- Maddalena and Caprera Islands 19.0 km/11.8 miles
- Porto Rotondo 26.0 km/16.2 miles
- Corsica 80.0 km/49.7 miles
- Cagliari 322.0 km/200.1 miles
- OLB - Costa Smeralda Airport/Olbia 30.6 km/19.0 miles
- AHO - Fertilia/Alghero Airport 149.7 km/93.0 miles