Rated 3.4 out of 5 by 12
Rated 4 out of 5 by Orion101 Good Place to Relax
Nice atmosphere. Quiet and relaxing. the only problem is with restaurant. The dinner was so so. Waiter told me that because of special event function, the dinner was sub-par. May be next time when it is not so busy will have different taste.
March 5, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by happyfriday comfort stay
All staff are kind and helpful, have smiles and willing to introduce the hotel facilities. Breakfast tastes very good with variety. Chinese set dinner for two is a big portion, can share by 4 ppl.
April 25, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by rosamaria buffet breakfast is not as good as expected
coffee & tea not hot enough, not many choices of food
June 12, 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 by Nrupesh Great Location, Staff and facilities need to improve. Very limited choice of food/beverages.
We stayed here for a weekend getaway. The location is ideal for getting away from busy cities like Guangzhou/Foshan/Shenzhen.
There are a few issues we found that needed a lot of improvement. It almost seems like the hotel used to be very good but now they haven't given any attention to maintaining it.
1) When we checked in, I gave my SPG Card however they didn't put the number into the system, I had to go the next morning and ask them to do it. The checkin manager spoke very limited english and didnt seem happy to receive customers.
2) The choice of food was severely limited. The quality of the food ( Soups, Pizzas, Pasta, Curries everything we tried ) was very bad, most of the time it lacked salt and didnt taste as it should. Again, not what we expect from Sheraton. For a hotel this big, a lot of the things on the menu were not available. Some dishes had the symbol stating it was vegetarian however it contained pork AND shrimps!
The Italian restaurant Bene looks like it hasnt been cleaned in weeks, the tables are dirty and it feels like a 3star restaurant.
3) No staff at the swimming pools, no option to just sit next to the pools and relax as you HAVE to walk through the showers to get to the swimming areas!!
4) The critical staff ( Front desk, Guest Services ) need to speak better english.
5) SPG Lounge closed, the lobby bar doesnt have a functioning AC, takes 20 minutes to make a hot chocolate.
We'd still come back for a weekend here just for the location, but well prepared and knowing what to expect.
June 28, 2014