Rated 5 out of 5 by Beefcake1 Quintessential Scottsdale
The Phoencian is always fantastic. The property, the staff, the amenities....top notch. Old world Scottsdale. The complete opposite of the, shall I say too hip, W Hotel and Valley Ho. Family friendly as well as for couples getaway. Take advantage of the spa, the golf and the excellent J&G Steakhouse. Insider hint...spring for a cabana at the Mother of Pearl pool...Rich will take very good care of you!
May 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by BPLP Good pool
Good pool, but needs lifeguards.
May 26, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by dew3d Solid, but not exceptional
- Excellent Golf Course and Staff
- Steakhouse was great (comparable to Mastro's or David Burke's)
- Pool Area, probably one of the best features with a lot areas of adults, kids, or all. Plenty of space and live music everyday we were there.
- Overall Service was top notch and everyone was friendly.
- Room & room location was poor. (Main building #5087 & #5083)...morning delivery trucks would wake us in in the morning. Balcony was missing a chair and had torn seats.
- SPA services were mixed according to the three females in our group. Not worth the money in their opinion.
I would recommend this resort if I had a a really good deal. Otherwise, not for this group again.
May 25, 2015
Rated 2 out of 5 by NOPLEASE Disgusting
This was my first time in Scottsdale and numerous friends recommended this hotel. I was under the impression that a $500 a night hotel would be awesome. I was so disappointed in so many areas of this hotel. The spa (main reason for trip) was a walking bacteria room. This has to be the worst spa I have ever been to. the Jacuzzi had black mold on the tile. The steam room was filthy. The hotel itself was ok but very dated and definitely not worth $500 a night. It more of a $200 a night hotel.
May 18, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Racquetball70s Pillows
Would have preferred firmer pillows.
April 29, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by drea1234 Beautiful property
Great staff! Had a wonderful stay.
April 27, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by RLC62 Phoenician Resort
My wife and I have stayed at the Phoenician before but not since it became a Starwood resort. We were very pleased with our stay, enjoying it immensely. .
April 13, 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ana58 Beautiful gardens and surroundings
My expectations for the Phoenician were quite high and most were met to a "tee"'. The setting of the hotel is unbeatable and the maintenance of the gardens, marvelous. However, I found some of the pool furniture and room carpeting to be shabby and in dire need of replacement. Updates should be scheduled to keep the Phoenician's reputation intact.
April 6, 2015