Rated 5 out of 5 by Redbarn Great place to go in Mexico
We have not found a better place to go in Mexico. As a Platinum they got in touch via Email a month out to see if we had any special needs. We had a very private Balcony with our ownJacuzzi.
The marina across the street has at least 10 Restaurants many with great food.
The town is very safe. We feel very welcome .
The Concierge Lounge is one of the best in Starwood.
October 21, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by amolavi What's Not to Love
This was my second visit... i went 4 years ago... loved it then... went back with friends to celebrate a 40th birthday... 4 night stay... cash, upgraded to one bedroom, duplex suite with my plat status...
as i was checking in, one member of the management team came out of the office and remembered me from my last stay... what more could you ask for.
Room was fantastic, although one of the minibars was unplugged and thus totally warm...
Jacuzzi was definitely used... the two balconies... definitely used...
the Platinum suite for breakfast and dinner is one of the best in the Westin network (aside from Asia) and if you had a late lunch... the food for "dinner" could easily satiate...
the propert is far from Old PVR, but taxis are about $7 (pay in pesos) -- so what's to complain...
my ONLY beef... they have put up this really strange plastic fence in between the Westin and the Regina (SPG TimeShare)... it's just an eyesore IMO
June 30, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by DB08 Impeccable service
My wife and I stayed at this hotel in March of 2013 for our 20 year anniversary. We had stayed at this hotel several times before but it had been about 4 years since our last trip. Our trip 4 years ago, while over all the outcome was enjoyable we did have several issues throughout our stay. The major issue involved several band aids and a doctors visit to our room for our children from the hotels pool being resurfaced cutting up our children's hands and feet. When we returned on this trip the service we received was better then we could have ever imagined. We were warmly greeted first thing by Pedro the Bellman whom recognized us from our last trip 4 years before. Then the service we received in the club room each morning and each evening by Angel was also highly warm and friendly. He went out of his way to make sure everyone was fully taken care of and treated like family. It was a joy to get to be served by him. On our 2nd day there we ran into Victor whom also recognized us from our previous trip. Victor stopped to see us everyday and did everything he could to make sure we were having the best vacation possible. We also had amazing service from at the front desk manager whom made sure to get us into a upgraded room as soon as one was available. Other employees we felt gave great service were: Ismael, Reyes, Carlos and our Maid-she always was smiling. They all seem to want to make you feel as though you are part of their family and you are home while you are with them, and they will try their best to make sure we had the best possible vacation ever. And we did. We did not want our children's last experience at your hotel to be the one where they had their feet and hands were cut up so we have now booked another trip to your hotel later this month with them. We can't wait to bring them back after the experience we just had to also experience the exceptional service and atmosphere your hotel has to offer. Please be sure to thank the staff we have mentioned for their exceptional service-we have done nothing but tell every one that asks about our trip about how amazing we were treated by your staff.
May 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by KatNDSpain Fantastic stay and superb value
I was really impressed with this hotel. Outstanding service all-around, particularly above-and-beyond from Carmen, who cleaned my room; and the concierge, whose name is escaping me (Josefina?).
As Platinum, I received an upgrade to a room with sea views and a whirlpool. Beautiful balcony from which to watch the sunset, although I really liked walking down to the beach to watch.
Pools are lovely, with good food and drink options, and even loaner books. The gym is really terrific.
Was overwhelmed by how great the breakfast buffet was - and I'm not even much of a breakfast person. It's available until 11, though, so works as brunch, too.
Cab into central Puerto Vallarta is only 80 pesos (about $7), and not much more to some nicer beaches. There are also restaurants within walking distance along the Marina.
April 23, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by LQGuy Great second stay at this hotel
Having stayed at this hotel in the past, and given the incredible promotions they were offering, we elected to give the hotel our business a second time.
We last stayed here approximately four to five years ago. Prior to our current arrival, we reviewed TripAdvisor, as we always do. There were some criticisms of this hotel that had us a little worried. It's always so difficult to tell on these reviews when criticisms are warranted, when people have unrealistic expectations, and those few who are just downright unreasonable or not well traveled.
The positives of this hotel FAR outweigh the negatives! So let me get the negatives out of the way first:
1. Food quality at the restaurant. We were a bit disappointed with dinner the two nights we ate at the hotel's restaurant. The first night I ordered the chef's special...Cornish Game Hen. What showed up on my plate looked like it might have been a stuffed parakeet! It was scrawny and literally I got two pieces of meat out of it. The rest was bones. The second dinner I ordered Sea Bass. This wasn't as bad as the first meal, but nothing spectacular. I will give them points for presentation, which was always nice.
Breakfast was okay. I wouldn't pay the price for the buffet (I believe it's around US$22 per person). The fruit might have been out of season (just no taste to speak of). Otherwise, it was standard fare...waffles, omelets, bacon, etc. The breakfast food was not bad. Just not work the price! (We had a package booked on the hotel's website of $75 per night for room and daily breakfast. If you can get that, then it's certainly worth it as that is quite a bargain!)
NOTE: The pool-bar, Tlaquepaque, had standard pool bar food. It was pretty good for what it was, and was priced comparably to what you would pay here in the U.S. No complaints there.
2. The choice of music playing in public areas. Last time we were there, I remember it being that typical Latino poolside, club-type music...loud, thumping...a bit too much. This time, the swung the pendulum clear over to the other end of the spectrum...early 70s ballads. The first day, it was kind of funny. By the third day of hanging out at the pool, it is annoying!
And in the restaurant at breakfast, it was 70s pop. Oy!! We left 24 hours ago and I still hear it in my head!!
3. The self-serve Computer. I still can't get over this, minor as it is. There are three computers set up like in any other hotel. And as a Starwood member, you get free Wi-Fi, which we elected to use. We needed to print our boarding passes on the last day. I was surprised that, when I clicked on the link to open the browser, up popped a message...pay $4.50 for something like 25 minutes of internet access time. Okay...fine. I'll pay. I need my boarding pass. After navigating to the airline site and setting it up, I hit "print". Guess what? Up pops another message...pay $2.00 to print four pages! Fine...I print it. Out pops trash from the printer...airport map, weather forcast, none of the parameters I set to us. So, $6.50 down the toilet for nothing.
Fortunately, the front desk, when we told him, immediately let us use their computer and printed them out for us at no charge.
4. Outdoor restaurant chairs appear to be teak wood. On our first night, we decided to eat there. Upon sitting down, the chairs felt damp. We were sitting in freshly oiled furniture! Our white shorts were stained!
We called the front desk from our room to inquire about laundry fees. The immediately sent someone up to the room and dry cleaned them for us for free. Everything came out well.
5. Some unfinished repairs do exist. Outside our door, the hot pink ceiling was cut open as if work was being done on it. Yet for the entire week, we never say anyone working on it. There were some other minor things like that visible. However, you had to have an eye for detail, otherwise you probably wouldn't notice.
6. The pools could use a good power scrub. They're not really dirty. Rather, it looks like some algae might be taking hold in them. Pretty minor though.
So, there's the list of negatives. In the greater scheme of things, it was all fairly minor stuff.
Now for the positives.
1. By far, it's the staff! EVERYONE was helpful, kind, and attentive! It didn't matter if it was a maid, wait staff, front desk, or gardener. Some of their behaviors were even "culturally sensitive". What I mean by that, and for lack of a better term, is that they would even bring the bill at the end of a meal without you having to ask. Mexican culture would consider this rude...as if rushing you out the door. The fact that they over-ride their instincts to accommodate to guests was impressive to me. They were also genuinely friendly, willing to chat with you, etc. And no one seemed to be "hanging around for tips".
2. We were concerned about reviews of the hotel showing it's age overall. Other than the cut out in the ceiling, and some bad paint matching on the ceiling of our bathroom, we really didn't see it! And again, we had stayed here before! Landscaping was always kept up, walkways and public areas were always clean. Yes...if you scrutinize the ceilings in the restaurant, you'll see a need for some painting (at least touch ups). But again, you need an eye for detail. And what I saw just wasn't bothersome. While we were in the pool, we noticed what looked like rehab work going on on one of the middle floors of the hotel. Assuming they rotate through with rehab work, the hotel will continue to be just fine!
3. The room, minus to mis-matched ceiling paint in the bathroom, was exactly as we remembered it from our last stay. We had Room 1115, which was near the elevators on the Starwood Floor. Clean, great maid service...ever time! Wish they had more English channels...particularly networks like NBC, ABC, etc. But the room was great....a/c worked fine, dehumidifier, though loud, worked fine, clean...nicely done!
4. I mentioned the staff over all. But there were some real stand-outs! Pedrito, who greets you upon arrival. As soon as the taxi pulled up from the airport, we immediately recognized him. He was as cheerful, up-beat, and positive as before. Always with a "Welcome home" upon arrival. As the first person/first impression, he's a gem for this hotel to have on staff! Josefina at the front desk was very accommodating, but so were three gentlemen, whose names we didn't notice, as well. Teo, also at the front desk, helped me connect wirelessly when I could not from the room. We also had a waitress at the poolside each day we were there. I can picture her face, but her name escapes me. Attentive, warm, friendly.
5. Speaking of Wi-Fi, people complained about it in previous reviews. From our room, what I noticed is that, the further away from the balcony you moved, the worst the signal got. And if you took it to the door to the room, there was zero signal. But out on the balcony, it was full strength. It was also full strength poolside, which was nice to stream live radio from you iPhone to drown out that god-awful 70s ballads they were playing.
The Marina area use to be full of great restaurants. Not quite so anymore, as the recession appears to have hit this area hard. Victor's, which is closest in the Marina to the hotel is always a good choice for Mexican and seafood. And Victor is a hoot himself. We were shocked that he said he remembered us from four years ago. Not sure if he was pulling our leg or not... No credit cards though.
Taxis: From the airport, buy your taxi fare from one of the booths inside the airport, but right before you exit to go outside (and well after the tank of time-share sharks you walk through to get there, where everyone will offer you transportation). It'll be MXN$180 (about US$15). Taxis from the hotel to the center of town are MXN$80. Always establish the price before getting in! The ride from the hotel back to the airport is MXN$50. (You pay more leaving the airport because it is considered Federal Property, and is taxed for those driving from it...but not to it).
ATMs: Avoid "Cashola" ATMS. They're going to stick you with at least US$6.00 in fees, plus whatever your home bank charges. Banamex of Bancomer will be cheaper. Check with your bank as many have reciprocity with Mexican banks. For example, if you're with Bank of America and you use a Sandander ATM there, there are zero fees.
Also, do make sure someone stands behind you when you punch in your PIN to prevent others from seeing it. I had read that some ATMs had card readers inserted in them and they could then empty your account out with your PIN. Again...no need for paranoia. No one was ever standing around us when we used the ATMs anyway.
Water: While the water in PVR is said to be purified, don't drink it out of the tap. With that said, you don't need to be paranoid about eating out. Just about every restaurant (certainly those that a tourist would go to) import their ice from purified sources. So unless you're buying something from a street vendor, it most likely is perfectly safe to eat or drink.
Safety: Just use common sense. We walked all over the Marina as well as the downtown areas...morning, noon, and night. Never an issue of feeling unsafe. Not even when using the ATMs.
So, in summary, would we return to this hotel? Yes! It's a solid four star property with five star staff! As previous posters have noted, the beach is not fabulous. But the grounds more than make up for it! The pool is great! We especially loved that for our entire week, there were no more than 10 others ever present there...and for several hours, we had the whole pool to ourselves! Overall, it was a very nice experience that we will likely want to repeat in the coming years.
September 9, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by John59 Will definitely return
We are Platinum guests and were treated accordingly. We received 20% discount on lunches and dinner eaten at the resort. The Club Room offers hot and cold appetizers, however variety and service could be improved upon. There are always plenty of chairs available near the pools. The gym is very good but must keep up with maintenance on the cardiovascular machines.
Proximity to the Marina is a bonus for dining options.
The Oxxo store across the street is also convenient. The city bus is a 25 to 30 minute ride to the Malecon. It was inexpensive and safe.
March 13, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 Awesome Place!
I love this property; it is far enough from town, located in the Marina, to give you wonderful peace and quite. However, it is a very easy bus/taxi ride to town. This property is very close to the airport, but not noisy at all.
Two staff members went above and beyond. Josephina at check in was fantastic, she made me feel very welcomed and offered a wonderful upgrade to a deluxe room even after my SPG suite nights award request did not get honored. It wasn’t a suite but it was a nice room with a hot tub on the balcony. Luis, who I think worked in conventions/groups, offered up great information about the property and great places to go to do really fun things!
The lobby has been redone and is wonderful; a great space to just sit, relax, and unwind. The club lounge is nice and has good service, but the food quality has gone down a bit since I was here two years ago.
The drinks at the pool are expensive (and slightly a different price each day) but do have a very generous shot (or two) in them.
The only problem I had at this property was I requested the green choice for three nights, but only received a card from housekeeping for 1 night. But upon check out, I was given credit on the spot for the three nights.
Be aware if you go to OXXO (like a 7 11 store) across the street make sure to watch the change they give you back. On this trip I went there 5 times, and each time they tried to short change me and/or double ring a couple of items; it was a different cashier each time; so it appears to be a store policy! Simply know your money or ask for a receipt and check it very carefully! This is the first time in PVR I have experienced this problem, and it was only at the store across from this property.
December 5, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 Relax
This place is a wonderful place to kick back and chill. It's a bit far (and a bumpy but fun) of a bus ride to the romantic zone. But I always love staying here. Has a super nice club lounge!
It's a must stay.
October 24, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by JavieryNoah Amazing hotel and staff
My wife, baby and I stayed on this hotel last week. As a platinum we were treated like kings.
The Club Lounge is great, Angel , the waiter , who's been working 20 years there is very attentive.
Pedro, the concierge .. I don't know what's wrong with this guy, always smiling and making us feel at home, never seen anyone like that , so genuine.
The rooms are a little outdated, like plugs and AC controls , but that did not matter.
The pools is great and contrary to other reviewers , we really enjoy the calm beach.
We went with a baby and the hotel was perfect. Will be coming back soon
December 2, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by Louise Not worth the money
I am here in this hotel right now and have plenty to say about this experience.
Firstly, let me say the staff are all very nice and everyone who works here is friendly. The view is beautiful, the rooms are clean, the pools are clean but there are some serious issues with this hotel.
1) the internet for an SPG member should be complimentary but no, it is $15 DAILY and I have a 2 week stay here, most of which I have to work at least 2 to 3 hours a day online. Not only is the internet too expensive but it is SLOW!
2) the food here is AWFUL! We upgraded to the royal beach club room. What a waste. We still have to go down for breakfast because it isn't served in the so called special royal club lounge. The breakfast buffet was disgusting. The potatoes were raw. The eggs are always undercooked and runny. The coffee always tastes burnt.
3) Room service food is also disgusting. One night we ordered a cheese burger and chicken enchiladas. The burger was hard and tasted like cardboard. The enchiladas were microwaved or had been sitting out for hours. We then ordered a brownie last night that was hard a rock and inedible.
4) the concierge is a waste. We called to get help for different activities and all he did was tell us we had to go ourselves to make appointments. We asked him what he helps with and he said NOTHING! I wish we could leave and go somewhere else right now but we already paid in advance.
5) I almost forgot. We went to go eat at their so called arrefices steakhouse... what a jOKE!!! We were told we had to eat at the bar in front of it and it was all sand there and we were dressed for dinner. We went somewhere else to eat.
FInally here it is on Christmas and not one person has called to tell us what to do here on Christmas. Why be an SPG member... there is no reason. It's worthless! We are coming back in FEB and definitely will not ever stay here again
December 25, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by cdg1234 some improvements are needed
Went for a couple of days for a business meeting. The room was ok but furniture was kind of old and in need of a revamp. Particularly the desk chair does no longer have any cushion whatsoever.
Ordered room service and the person who got my call could not describe properly the dishes I was interested in.
Food was just ok.
June 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jodie Overall Experience
My husband and I really enjoyed this Westin. We would definitely go back and encourage our friends to book a stay.
The grounds are beautiful. The staff is so nice.
We love Westin's Heavenly Bed.
March 9, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Analy62 Great vacations
This hotel has one of the best customer services I ever seen! All employees treat you as family and they are always happy and very willing to help you and to make your life easier at any possible way. The rooms and the facilities are also great! They have all you would like to have for a very comfortable and even funny vacation. This is the 3rd time that I am staying on this hotel and even that I got very impressed for their unique service. Congratulations to all the staff! They are definitely making the difference.
April 30, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Gf12 Hotel
Very nice, good service, relaxing
June 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by SpoiledTraveler My favorite hotel in Puerto Vallarta
I have been staying at this hotel for years and I love the staff, the atmosphere, and everything that this hotel offers. The pool is absolutely beautiful, always clean with in-water lounges, bar, and kiddie pool area. The beach also is kept very clean, and there are so many lounges and lounge beds, you can always find your perfect beach spot for the day; something that isn't the case in many PV hotels and I'm not a fan of having to wait for hours or rush down in the mornings to claim a lounge chair before they're full.
The rooms have the well known heavenly beds- this is a huge plus considering most of the resorts have the typical ultra firm mattresses common to Mexico. All the rooms have great sunken baths separate from glass, walk in showers and the deluxe rooms have Jacuzzi's on the balcony- well worth the extra $30 for an upgrade!
The spa is wonderful here too, and the tennis courts. You can rent jet skis on the beach directly in front of the hotel, and the concierge is very well informed, helpful and polite.
A few things that need improvement at this hotel: -Platinum members don't get upgrades and myself and my peers always have to remind them not to charge us for internet.
-Internet signal is weak & is pricey. If you are on a budget, there are nearby internet cafes and a business center that has limited internet (doesn't always work.)
-The steam room and sauna are often out of service or just not turned on.
Those few things aside, I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Puerto Vallarta. It's my favorite and I plan on staying here for many years to come.
July 11, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by ncrv Very nice Hotel
We where here for 5 days and I will say the Hotel and Staff was great, the Palmar restaurant was excellent with service to match, ask for Javier great waiter. The Club level was just as good an the waiter at the club Angel was a fantastic individual, last but not least compliments to Pedro, if you need to know anything about PVR ask him, give us recomendations for dinner and the restaurants were excellent .
September 23, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by milindv Westin review
Average Service, could be better.
June 20, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Walt Terrific resort
My second time but first stay at this property. Rooms are oversized and nice by any measure. Pools, grounds and beach are outstanding, and staff is welcoming. Good food and great facilities include an expansive workout room.
Ideal for singles, families, gays, and people of all persuasions. Also, perfect for businesspeople.
December 11, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vinn Excellent Vacation
My wife and I just spent two weeks at this hotel. What a surprise with the professionalism of the staff! We had an amazing time and the staff went above and beyond their duty to make us feel comfortable.
We highly recommend this hotel while visiting Puerto Vallarta. The service was excellent. We never encountered any problems at this property and the rooms that we were given had spectacular views not to mention the nice Jacuzzi. We were upgraded to the Jr. Suite by the front desk Manager, Josefina since she recognized our Platinum status. I stayed at various properties in the Starwood chain and by far this property is on top of my list to return to with my family.
We want to give special thanks to Pedro (Entrance), Josefina (Manager), Angel (Royal Club), Jacet (Pool Food Service), Jorge (Front Desk), Lourdes and Carmen (Room Maintenance). Overall all the staff we met were very courteous and professional. Thank you all for making this a memorable experience. Thank you Josefina for always being very helpful!
November 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Saul811 Amazing Hotel
By far this has been the best hotel-resort i been too. Graet service and clean. Every one makes you feel at home starting with Pedro at the bell desk, Esmeralda at frontdesk, Adrana at the Spa, and Damian from the bar/pergolas service they all made my stay very pleasant. THANK YOU
August 15, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Linus Mixed Feelings
This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this property. Excellent staff! Nice pool, Fitness Center & beach area. We had one very bad night on 11/23/13. The hotel booked a Pharmacy conference with a live band outside. The music was REALLY LOUD until after 2:30 AM. I love this property but this was not in the best interest of their guests that were not attending the conference. The hotel should have warned us or offered other arrangements to stay at another property for a night. At least stop the music at midnight or turned it down to a level a guest could sleep.
November 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by wmson6465 Relaxing Trip
Westin continues to earn my trust as I have yet to experience a bad stay. The facility is older and it appears as though it has been awhile since it was last renovated but its a warm and wonderful resort. It is close to central PV, but not on hotel row so it's less chaotic a plus during the Spring Break / Pre-Easter time period. The #1 asset of the resort is the staff and their eagerness to exceed your expectations on service. Food & drinks are outstanding! Beds were not as comfortable as the heavenly beds I am used to sleeping on when staying at other Westins.
March 16, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by TravelGuruKEN Heavenly Experience Overlooking Banderas Bay
The hotel design, amenities and staff are exemplary--the latter a direct reflection of the property's approachable Management team (Fridel et al)
Unlike the multitude of other hotels in Vallarta, the Westin's colorful & tiered architecture is a seamless extension of the regional culture & flavor. The pool area's landscape was aesthetically sculpted, pleasing & functional with the dappled light from the palms overhead keeping the area cool even the warmest of the days.
The Marina district is a city onto itself--everything you need within walking distance,
September 22, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by ConditionOne Great resort in Puerto Vallarta!
This is a really nice property located 10 minutes from the airport, and 15 minutes from the main downtown area of Puerto Vallarta. I had three rooms for my trip, and one room was upgraded to a Junior Suite, but no upgrades for the other two rooms. If I wanted to upgrade those rooms to the Club Floor, it would have been 3750 points/night or $40/night ($80/night for non-Plats).
The room itself is fairly spacious. There are two complimentary half-bottles of water in the room. Water pressure was good, but the showerhead wasn’t very good. Water came out in a donut-like shape. The soap dish is poorly thought out – there are no slots for water to drain. But the room is very clean, and housekeeping is efficient. The sheets show a lot of pilling though.
Breakfast in the Lounge is fantastic for a North American property. Compared to the restaurant downstairs, it has maybe 60-70% of the selection. But it was more than enough. There were bread/pastries, cheese, juice, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, refried beans, roasted potatoes, French toast, and a type of beef stew. Plenty! If you have Club Access, you can eat downstairs in the main restaurant for a $10 surcharge. In the evenings, the Lounge puts out a solid spread as well. Enough to serve as dinner. There are a rotating selection of hot foods such as pasta, a meat dish, and vegetables along with fruit, cheese, chips/salsa, and dessert.
The gym is pretty large, but is kept a bit on the warm side. It appears that they actually wax the treadmills, so be careful – they’re really slippery! Plenty of other cardio equipment, and many weight machines. There’s also a few tennis courts.
The staff have all been fantastic. While further out from the downtown area, it’s a solid property and I wouldn’t hesitate to return here in my future travels.
November 11, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by JerseyJeff Beautiful location
The staff at this Westin was extremely friendly and helpful. I received multiple phone calls from the staff to make sure that service was at the level I expected. Food was very good, which was important because the marina has a handful of dining options. If you really want to experience Vallarta then you have to take the bus or a taxi into the city.
The only complaint is that the rooms need a thorough cleaning. Curtains, bed skirts and other fabrics show the wear of time and hot humid summers.
December 17, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by tomtraveler Great Resort!
My partner and I just returned from a trip to Puerto Vallarta for my birthday! I cannot really say anything negative about this resort. Yes, the property is a little older, but it is meticulously maintained and spotlessly clean. We received a room upgrade with my gold status and the staff was kind enough to leave a birthday dessert for us in our room. The staff was amazing - from the front desk, pool bar, and restaurants. They genuinely cared that we had a great time. I would go back!
September 20, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by David Second Trip
This is my family's second trip to the Westin Puerto Vallarta. The resort is relaxed, comfortable, and convenient to the Marina. The staff are exceptional, the service is great, and the location can't be beat. Its a 5 min. walk to the Marina, with restaurants and shops, or a 10 minute cab or bus ride to Puerto Vallarta and its wonderful restaurant scene. This is a great resort. We will definitely come back. I can't say enough about the hotel and its staff.
June 6, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sparrow8 Wonderful stay
My wife and I spent a very short stay at the Westin Marina hotel and had a fantastic time. Even with our short time there, the staff was OUTSTANDING! We could not have received better service. From the front desk, to the bell service to the wait staff, everyone was universally EXCELLENT. The only thing that would have made our experience better would have been a few more days at the Westin.
May 1, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by GordonW A little tired.
This is our first visit to the Puerto Vallarta Westin. The staff was friendly and helpful. The first room we were shown seemed small and enclosed by the log overhang. We asked for a change of room and received a double queen on the fourteenth floor.
The room was larger and the view nicer. On closer inspection the bathroom finish seemed a little careless. The bath faucet had a hole around it. The drywall had holes in it under the trim of the tub and their were paint bleeds where the wall met the marble.
I guess we expected better from the Westin.
It also appears they sold off half the building as a timeshare as the swimming pool area is divided off by a fence.
January 1, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by HRlady AMAZING TIME!
It was my boyfriends and my first time in Mexico and due to Weestin hotel and staff, we had such an amazing time! I would recommend this hotel to everyone! We came January 2011 and the pool temp was perfect! Now off to Cancun Westin next month, hopefully we get the same treatment that we did here :).
Also, the food was AMAZING! especially the breakfast buffet!!!
April 22, 2012