Rated 3 out of 5 by mmonroe610 Great location, renovating, food needs improvement
Great location to access Iguazu Falls; within park, 15 minute walk to train station to Garganta Diablo; same distance to upper falls walk and shorter to lower falls walk.
Breakfast buffet was ok -- nothing great.
Lunch and dinner needs improvement -- food just ok -- could be much better
April 13, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by macman Hotel is a must for visiting Iguazu
Perfectly located with outstanding views of the falls. Excellent and friendly service by all staff, Wonderful food and amenities. Loved returning to hotel after a day touring the falls. Stayed for 3 nights and did not want to leave.
April 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by losprimerostres Awesome experience
My stay in Iguazu was great, I would like to thank the staff. They were really helpful and supportive during my stay there.
April 8, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Robert1950 A lovely hotel in a perfect location
Fabulous to be so close to this wonder of nature. The stunning Iguazu Falls can been seen and easily accessed from the hotel. All staff at the Sheraton were pleasant, helpful, thoughtful and obliging. They made our stay such a wonderful treat.
March 29, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Cleveland2014 Wonderful view of the falls
We really enjoyed our stay here. The view of the falls from our room was wonderful. The restaurant and lounge bar staff were friendly and helpful.
March 19, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by bthomasb1 This hotel has
a lovely setting with great views to the Falls.
March 17, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Vas68 Hotel's location
Hotel's location in the middle of the national park is excellent. The view from the falls' room was breathtaking.
March 12, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by HelenT The Sheraton Hotel Iguassu Falls
The rooms at The Sheraton Hotel at Iguassu Falls were very tired looking and needed a makeover. Renovations were being done however, friends stayed at this hotel 2 years ago and renovations were in progress then.
A lovely view of the falls from Reception area although staff in Reception were not very helpful.
March 10, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Erico45 Disapointed
This hotel cannot be rated as 5-stars hotel at all, as we were told at the reception !
- No pick-up service
- I had an answer to my e-mail sent 1 day before I arrived there regarding the Spa only 4 days later, i.e. the day I left the hotel !!
- The hotel did not inform us about a fee we have to pay to enter the hotel (this is a natural park fee, where the hotel is located), creating great confusion with our taxi driver ...
- I had a fish in the restaurant which was not so well prepared, full of scales !!
- The TV has no international news channel like CNN or BBC, also not a Brazilian channel, only Spanish speaking news !
- The Air conditioning could not be regulated, it was either on or off !
- Our frigobar goods were never replaced!
- Positive thing: the Spa was very good !
March 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by PG72 Outstanding location
We came to see the Iguazu Falls - and we did 24/7. The hotel provides an excellent base from which to explore the Parque Nacional Iguazu and when exhausted from that exploration a marvellous 5 * oasis of comfort to return to.
March 2, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Hockeydad900 Great location
The best place to stay to see Iguazu National Park. Great view of the Devil's Throat Falls. Walk from the hotel right into the park. A bit isolated if you want to go into town, but the park is the thing to see. Decent restaurant. Rooms being renovated nicely.
February 28, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by CanadianVisitor Iguazu service unacceptable.
1. Very disappointed with hotel offering for local attractions. No brochures, maps or write ups of how to visit the Iguazu Falls or other local attractions where offered at check in, within the room or in the lobby. A Wonder of the World at its doorsteps and the reason to be for the hotel and the hotel doesn't try to capitalize on it???
2. Service by the food and beverage staff was unacceptable. On two occasions orders where taken but not filled. Second orders with another staff member had to be made each time. On a third occasion we were the first quests to enter the restaurant for the evening dinner and were told to select any table we wished. When about to sit down at the table we chose a waiter yelled I'm giving that table to another customer. The other customer didn't care which table she had and told us to take it. We did but the waiter (first initial M) then refused to serve us or give us menus. He served 3 other tables that arrived after us but not us. We asked for another waiter who served us well, Andre.
3. Lights on the hotel name sign at the outside entry were out on half the hotel's name for our entire visit.
The room and facilities were fine. The hotel location and the falls amazing.
February 27, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by JackSPG In the middle of it all
Great place to stay if you are coming to visit the falls. It's a beautiful setting and easy to get around. As night settles in you can relax to the sound of the falls, have a nice diner and recharge for the next day.
February 27, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by James1001 Beautiful Place!
My wife and I had a wonderful stay in our King room a view of the falls and a large balcony. Worth every penny! Food was delicious! Staff was very friendly and helpful!
February 25, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Margie47 extra charge on credit card
Having had no response to our email we would like to query why my credit card was charged when we have a receipt showing that we paid the bill in full in Argentinian cash. The "contact us' you refer to seems only to apply to Tucaman
February 24, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by suman514 Great location
If you are visiting the falls on the Argentinian side, stay here. This is the only hotel within the Argentinian side of Iguazu Park.
Can’t beat the location. It’s about a 5 min walk to the trails, and maybe a 10 min walk to get to the train station that takes you to the top of the “devil’s throat.” You get a really nice view of the falls from the lobby and some of the rooms.
Other than that, the service is okay, not stellar, but good enough. We had a problem with our room when we checked in. First, our room wasn’t ready, and then they gave us the wrong room (two twin beds for our 10th anniversary). Needless to say, we were a bit annoyed, but the beauty of the falls and trail system quickly rendered the annoyance non-existent.
Breakfast buffet was included in our rate and was probably one of the best spreads in our 3 week trip to Chile and Argentina.
Recommend getting a room facing the falls.
February 17, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rozie42 This hotel has good features
This hotel has all facilities one would expect of a 5 star hotel.
February 7, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Dee71 This hotel does not honor obligations stated to potential customers.
Dear Sir: we had made the reservation #181022651 and after going online we saw that if I had triple A or ARRP cards we could get a deduction in the room rate. We therefore cancelled #181022651 and made the reservation #231031077 where your representative stated that everything would remain the same except a slight reduction in price. When we reached our destination (your hotel) Pamela said this was not the case. Instead of the falls view we had the less desirable view. She made no effort to assist and we were very dissappointed that we had to pay extra for the falls view event though we were told everything would remain the same.
Thank you for your assistance.
Mrs. Dorothy Phelan
January 31, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by SKPilot Great hotel with an amazing view
My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The staff is amazing, rooms are clean, and the views are amazing. The hotel is very close to all the things we wanted to do.
January 21, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bigred19 View of Iguazu
All facilities at the Sheraton were first class. The "Falls View Room" had a wonderful view across the gardens, pool & beyond; to the Iguazu Falls. It was like being in Paradise.
January 18, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Michele76 This hotel has great view of the Falls
The greatest asset of this hotel is its location. This is the only hotel in the park near the walking trails to the falls. The rooms with balconies have great views of the falls and the pool. The pool is nicely curved and wraps around a bar. The restaurant staff and food is very good. The only negative comment I have is that the hotel needs to update its bathrooms very soon.
January 14, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by t13559 Nice Hotel with Great View
Great location, views, pool, restaurant. Clean & modern rooms. Only downers: room safe had no power so unusable; bar service lacking at lunch time with no dedicated bar staff.
January 12, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by WEREX Not for SPG Elites
Interesting experience but partial unsuccessful.
- had a transfer confirmation (airport-hotel) from the hotel staff // no driver at the airport ... at 2 a.m., took a cab,
- at check-in desk the agent blocked 3!!! times more money on my bank card then I paid for a stay (Agent: "It's just a block" ... Ok but why 3 times more, why not 5 or 10 times? ... no answer)
At the room:
- just one category room upgrade (from jungle-view to waterfalls-view on the 1st floor), lots of other available rooms ... -"Can I get the best available room you have at 3 a.m.?" ... -"You paid for a basic room and have been upgraded to the view-room" ... -"I'm a Plat member" ... no answer ,
- denied with a room on SPG-level (3rd floor),
- very small room (20-25 sq.m), including restroom (6-8 sq.m.)
- no bathrobe, no flip-flops
- internet connection // extremely slow (up to 30 kbps download, often 3-8 kbps ... waited 2-3 minutes to load www.spg.com), sometimes impossible to download e-mails,
- breakfast // just basic level - 3-4 kinds of fruits, 1 yogurt type, some cheap cereals, 3-4 juices, 4-5 hot meals, bakery and regular coffee.
But the most important point is a location, just 5 to 10 minutes from waterfalls. It's gorgeous!
As a conclusion: basic service level but not for Elite SPG-members. And of cause it's not a Category 5. If it's possible I'd suggest for Elites to choose any other options to stay this area. It could takes 10 minutes more walking distance to waterfalls but it should be much more comfortable to stay for.
January 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Chimu123 This hotel is superb in all facets, with the friendliest of staff and finest of facilities and services
A great hotel, with a superb view of the Falls and national park. I will recommend this fine hotel to professional colleagues and friends.
January 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by AABowden Great break
All good, scenery far passed my expectations a really spectacular place
December 24, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by claraspg Iguazu Sheraton
It is a very well located hotel, this is why I think this is THE hotel for visiting Iguazú.
However it is not a five star hotel and that is perceived. The pool area could be renewed.
December 20, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Explorer13 Hotel characteristics
The hotel has a wonderful location.
Nevertheless, it is outdated by current standards. It in 80's kind of modern, the interior design and room are an outdated design, although the rooms have been remodeled.
The bathroom and the rooms are smallish.
The general personal services are quite good.
It is more a 4# star hotel with extended facilities in an uncomparable location.
December 18, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by anthiso Unforgettable experience.
Location of hotel cannot be beat. Staff exceptional. Would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Iguazu Falls.
December 17, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by Guanaco The hotel has a great location
Nice view from the restaurant. Easy to access the falls by foot.
December 6, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by seb123 This hotel is great to visit the Waterfalls
I truly enjoyed this hotel. Staff was great, accomodations fantastic, proximity to the waterfalls huge plus. However, the staff at the main restaurant were not entirely friendly with small children. Aside from that, 10 points.
December 2, 2013