Rated 5 out of 5 by HeatherBethUK Hotel with great facitlites and lovely people
Myself and my friend stayed in the Sheraton Sharm for 10 nights. Stayed in the main hotel on 5th floor which had stunning views of the red sea and Tiran Island. We had an excellent time, relaxing by the pool, on the beach, the Spa and using Bright Shark activities. The hospitality by the staff was excellent, the staff in the White cruiser restaurant couldn't do enough, Ali Ibrahim the pool man, our cleaner Mohammed Hussein was so attentive and kind and also Abanob Faleh, the bartender at the Full Moon Bar, in fact all the staff, too many to name. We certainly felt looked after.
The rooms and hotel were very clean and of good standard.
Sometimes the entertainment could of been more exciting and not aimed at the Russians, which there was lots of, certainly a lack of English, which the hotel should encourage as it's a lovely hotel to stay at.
The food in the White Cruiser was good, sometimes needed more variety or maybe we needed to be more adventurous.
Something we think the Sheraton Sharm should have is free wifi for guests at least in the lobby, like most other hotels. Quite expensive to buy.
We would recommend this hotel and consider coming back. Thank you for making our holiday so good and enjoyable.
August 24, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by DXBM Needs to improve
- very little SPG Gold recognition
- despite advance booking, my room was not ready with SPG amenities
- despite asking for laundry pick-up at 08:00 on 10/08/2014, the laundry service only picked it up at 11:00 and later wanted to charge me for express service for same day delivery of my laundry !!
- staff in general need to have better command of the English language
- breakfast selection could be better
- the poolside bar closes at 17:00 while the pool closes at 19:00. Why ?
August 12, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by DXBM Above average
OK but could be improved. Not much SPG recognition.
August 12, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Milos77 Adjust your expectations
As a holder of both Platinum status in SPG and a top status in another 2 hotel frequent guest programs I had to make a choice in between Sheraton and another hotel in Sharm - based on reccomendation of my colleagues I have booked Sheraton. Big mistake. Few pros&cons.
1. very low price on www.spg.com
2. nice upgrade to corner suite with huge terrace with unbelievable sea view
3. 5 min taxi ride away from the airport
4. smooth check in&out and great reception staff
5. hotel is clearly marked as Category 1 (lowest) property within SPG, which is a great help with adjusting expectations
1. overpriced "all inclusive" surcharge
2. as not "all inclusive" guest I did not have a bracelet - hence I had problem each and every time I was trying to post consumption in one of many restaurants/bars to my room account; staff rude persuading me that I am not a hotel guest and hence have to pay in cash for everything (even though I was showing my platinum SPG hotel card&room key) - twice I had to push them to call reception and sort this issue out (needless to say, at check in receptionist has made pre authorisation at my credit card for all incidentals)
3. mini bar in room - empty
4. TV did not work (not that I needed it, of course - though as a frequent guest my minimum expectation would be to have all room equipment in working order)
5. dental kits - ordered twice from Operator, never arrived
6. breakfast - ordered Benedict eggs to the restaurant manager (not waiter) - after checking with kitchen he advised me that the cook does not know how to preapare them (to my surprise as in all other Sheratons that is a part of standard offer) but have asked me to describe the dish which I have gladly done. After 30 min my eggs have not arrived - have checked with restaurant manager and was advised that they are being prepared in kitchen. As the standard preparation time is around 20 min, I did not argue. After another 20 min eggs were still not ready, breakfast was finished (I was alone in breakfast hall), and manager was, of course, nowhere to be seen :))
7. I have arrived&checked in alone. after that I have notified receptionist that my girl friend will also be joining me (standard modus operandi in big resort htls as due to security concerns they usually want to send all arrival guest lists to guards at the gates). soon afterwards i have received an sms from my girlfriend- she was standing in front of the main gate and was not let in to the resort as she was not a hotel guest.. I run towards her - in the mean time she succeeded to "negotiate" with guards - she was let in, but she had to leave passport at the main gate. When I arrived to the gate (due to huge proportion of resort, I needed 10 min to reach it), clearly identifying myself as a hotel guest (by showing my platinum SPG hotel card and room key), saying that I am going to register her as a hotel guest and requesting to have my girlfriends passport handed over to me (I needed it to check her in), I was subject to unbelievable torture of security guards. For my 17 years long experience of stays in various 5* hotels&resorts (btw, I am at this moment spending 200+ nights in hotels each year, and am therefore holder of top frequent guest statuses in 3 different programs as well as middle statuses with additional 2) I have never felt so humiliated. Both of us were kept at the gate for 20 minutes until security guards finally have accepted to return me my girlfriends passport (but not before making a copy of it - which was repeated 2 min afterwards by receptionist when he was checking her in); in the meantime i have requested to be connected (in house phone was located at the gate) with receptionist, security manager... but nothing worked out... On a positive side, great receptionist was very apologetic and told me that he is thinking about the best way to compensate to both of us for the all troubles
8. nothing happened for 3 hours - MoD (Manager On Duty) phoned me at 11 pm to send apologies of the entire management, assuring me that they have dealt with this situation and that it will not be repeated, etc etc etc.. Not a word about any compensation - just for the record, I was not expecting anything besides maybe a flower sent to my room for my girlfriend, or a bowl of fruit with a cheese message.. After that I have requested to at least be waived a second person surcharge (10$!) which MoD could not initially confirmed as he needed to consult with superiors.. In the morning I`ve seen a message waiting saying that the management is glad to hear that I am enjoying my stay and that they are delighted to inform me that they will waive second person surcharge..Which was simply a bit too much and I have decided to check our immediately.
9. when the credit card statement arived next month I have realized that I have been charged second person surcharge, despite the "generous offer" made by MoD
10. I have written similar remark on TripAdvisor that was commented by hotel employee stating that they will contact me over e-mail for a follow up - which never took place
The rest of vacations I have spent in the hotel of another chain where I also have top frequent guest status - that is absolutely fantastic property!
October 30, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mo78 The best place to stay in :)
It was my first time to Sharm as well my brother and his wife. We have enjoyed our time to the greatest and we really didn't need anything as everything was setted up for us at the hotel and you don't need to go out for anything. It was affordable and will come back there for sure. I've asked lots of friends and they told me that some hotel areas are noisy whitch i didn't see at this hotel as it has the best location. Food was EXCELLENT, Great Hospitality and service. The ladies liked the SPA and we've all enjoyed the swimming pool and how they are designed. GREAT PLACE EVER :)
April 2, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Ashy77 Very bad experience
Very bad customer service specially Customer Service Desk was very bad after check in, no hot water at the room and TV channels was very poor .
The breakfast food was very bad it is 2 star level and no much varieties and the level of service is poor too, according to other Sheraton in Egypt or other hotel in Egypt or Dubai the hotel rank 2 stars
April 5, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Merman Best Egypt Hotel I ever visited
Rooms -- Excellent (Main Building)
Sea --- GREAT, the ponton bridge needs to be a bit more convenient, it's hard to be on it when there are waves. Also it would be great if there was some area for children bathing (not yet knowing how to swim). There are such areas -- but very short, 1-2m from the shoreline.
Food -- EXCELLENT. It would be great if the assortment offered on the beach from 3pm to 5pm could be wider. For people who don't eat after 6pm.
Animation -- VERY GOOD
Territory -- EXCELLENT
SPA --- GREAT, and it's very good that sauna/jacuzi are for free 1hour per day for Main Buliding guests.
May 14, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Miriam “Great time and just what we wanted”
We have just returned from Sharm el Sheikh and we very much enjoyed our stay at Sheraton Sharm Hotel.
It's a perfect spot for chilling out by the beach or pool. We opted for beach as we love snorkelling and spend whole days exploring beautiful coral reef which is just on your doorstep.
Beach is great and you can find some very private loungers but be close enough to the Beach Bar to get a cold drink. You can even watch colourful fish while sunbathing from the shore. It's truly relaxing experience. Hotel is very big but feels private and is easy to find your way around it. Most of the main restaurants and bars are around reception area together with small shopping centre where you can buy basic articles.
We enjoyed White Cruise and Lobby Bar during the day and Portofino and Tamarind for dinner. White Cruise, however was our favourite with very informal feel to it and interesting concept. It had the most variety of food offering and you could choose your portions depending on how much you felt you could eat.
Hotel staff are amazing, smiling, polite, always helpful.
From the moment we walked in we felt pampered and nothing was ever a problem.
Thank you Sheraton Sharm Hotel and All Your Team for making our one week trip so special. We will return soon!
May 7, 2013