Rated 4 out of 5 by raah It's like a Paradise
The sea is fantastic.
It's like swimming in an aquarium with amazing sea creatures.
The staff is nice & friendly.
I made friends with them
The food - it's quality.
However, this concerns only the main building. Pity those who chose the resort.
Cons: Spa adults only, entertainment team is not so good.
July 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vladimir74 great hotel
July 7, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Noga2014 very nice visit
it was an excellent vist and hotel
really it was good experiense
specially who made check in and the house keeping man at the 4th floor and also the speed of orders from room service
only one thing was very starnge , the price of the taxi to airport ,2 from the concierge told me different prices which made me order taxi from outside and feel not secure
July 4, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gamal Wonderful Stay
Memorable and positive experiences by restaurant associates. Warm greeting, followed by the warm cup of coffee and fresh orange juice, always asking for a help and pro at updating my table. Ending dinning with a smile, thanking me and wishing me a wonderful stay. Food safety by the buffet is well maintained. presentation of food was excellent. The hotel Manager, Mr. Hossam Adib was very kind at welcoming me at the start, during my stay and after checking out. The life Guard by the marina beach called Mohamed was excellent diver, connecting emotionally with guests with positive attitude. speedy check in and out with a smile and in a friendly manner. Also, I appreciated much the speedy and warm welcome by the Human Resources Director, Mr. Ayman A. Fattah. It shows there is a better team and empowering leadership there. Thank you
June 12, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Milos77 Adjust your expectations
As a holder of both Platinum status in SPG and a top status in another 2 hotel frequent guest programs I had to make a choice in between Sheraton and another hotel in Sharm - based on reccomendation of my colleagues I have booked Sheraton. Big mistake. Few pros&cons.
1. very low price on www.spg.com
2. nice upgrade to corner suite with huge terrace with unbelievable sea view
3. 5 min taxi ride away from the airport
4. smooth check in&out and great reception staff
5. hotel is clearly marked as Category 1 (lowest) property within SPG, which is a great help with adjusting expectations
1. overpriced "all inclusive" surcharge
2. as not "all inclusive" guest I did not have a bracelet - hence I had problem each and every time I was trying to post consumption in one of many restaurants/bars to my room account; staff rude persuading me that I am not a hotel guest and hence have to pay in cash for everything (even though I was showing my platinum SPG hotel card&room key) - twice I had to push them to call reception and sort this issue out (needless to say, at check in receptionist has made pre authorisation at my credit card for all incidentals)
3. mini bar in room - empty
4. TV did not work (not that I needed it, of course - though as a frequent guest my minimum expectation would be to have all room equipment in working order)
5. dental kits - ordered twice from Operator, never arrived
6. breakfast - ordered Benedict eggs to the restaurant manager (not waiter) - after checking with kitchen he advised me that the cook does not know how to preapare them (to my surprise as in all other Sheratons that is a part of standard offer) but have asked me to describe the dish which I have gladly done. After 30 min my eggs have not arrived - have checked with restaurant manager and was advised that they are being prepared in kitchen. As the standard preparation time is around 20 min, I did not argue. After another 20 min eggs were still not ready, breakfast was finished (I was alone in breakfast hall), and manager was, of course, nowhere to be seen :))
7. I have arrived&checked in alone. after that I have notified receptionist that my girl friend will also be joining me (standard modus operandi in big resort htls as due to security concerns they usually want to send all arrival guest lists to guards at the gates). soon afterwards i have received an sms from my girlfriend- she was standing in front of the main gate and was not let in to the resort as she was not a hotel guest.. I run towards her - in the mean time she succeeded to "negotiate" with guards - she was let in, but she had to leave passport at the main gate. When I arrived to the gate (due to huge proportion of resort, I needed 10 min to reach it), clearly identifying myself as a hotel guest (by showing my platinum SPG hotel card and room key), saying that I am going to register her as a hotel guest and requesting to have my girlfriends passport handed over to me (I needed it to check her in), I was subject to unbelievable torture of security guards. For my 17 years long experience of stays in various 5* hotels&resorts (btw, I am at this moment spending 200+ nights in hotels each year, and am therefore holder of top frequent guest statuses in 3 different programs as well as middle statuses with additional 2) I have never felt so humiliated. Both of us were kept at the gate for 20 minutes until security guards finally have accepted to return me my girlfriends passport (but not before making a copy of it - which was repeated 2 min afterwards by receptionist when he was checking her in); in the meantime i have requested to be connected (in house phone was located at the gate) with receptionist, security manager... but nothing worked out... On a positive side, great receptionist was very apologetic and told me that he is thinking about the best way to compensate to both of us for the all troubles
8. nothing happened for 3 hours - MoD (Manager On Duty) phoned me at 11 pm to send apologies of the entire management, assuring me that they have dealt with this situation and that it will not be repeated, etc etc etc.. Not a word about any compensation - just for the record, I was not expecting anything besides maybe a flower sent to my room for my girlfriend, or a bowl of fruit with a cheese message.. After that I have requested to at least be waived a second person surcharge (10$!) which MoD could not initially confirmed as he needed to consult with superiors.. In the morning I`ve seen a message waiting saying that the management is glad to hear that I am enjoying my stay and that they are delighted to inform me that they will waive second person surcharge..Which was simply a bit too much and I have decided to check our immediately.
9. when the credit card statement arived next month I have realized that I have been charged second person surcharge, despite the "generous offer" made by MoD
10. I have written similar remark on TripAdvisor that was commented by hotel employee stating that they will contact me over e-mail for a follow up - which never took place
The rest of vacations I have spent in the hotel of another chain where I also have top frequent guest status - that is absolutely fantastic property!
October 30, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mo78 The best place to stay in :)
It was my first time to Sharm as well my brother and his wife. We have enjoyed our time to the greatest and we really didn't need anything as everything was setted up for us at the hotel and you don't need to go out for anything. It was affordable and will come back there for sure. I've asked lots of friends and they told me that some hotel areas are noisy whitch i didn't see at this hotel as it has the best location. Food was EXCELLENT, Great Hospitality and service. The ladies liked the SPA and we've all enjoyed the swimming pool and how they are designed. GREAT PLACE EVER :)
April 2, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Ashy77 Very bad experience
Very bad customer service specially Customer Service Desk was very bad after check in, no hot water at the room and TV channels was very poor .
The breakfast food was very bad it is 2 star level and no much varieties and the level of service is poor too, according to other Sheraton in Egypt or other hotel in Egypt or Dubai the hotel rank 2 stars
April 5, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Onit This Hotel has exceptional staff
A 5 Star Hotel has necessarily to be a nice building with big hallways, well decorated and clean. It has entertainment for the guests and good food. A nice room and comfortable bed. But what can still vary is the staff. Are they gentle, kind, always smiling and trying their best to make the stay comfortable Do they engage with the guests but not too much. The staff on this Hotel the Sheraton has excided my expectations. They are or were to me and my wife the best of the hotel. They are all what a guest hopes to expect. Well done for them and for those responsible for them.
May 13, 2014