Rated 5 out of 5 by Wil131 This hotel has excellent staff and good facilities
The staff at this hotel is simply great. Check-in was smooth and efficient. The staff reminded us all the benefits for SPG members at all F&B venues. They were friendly and helpful when we asked about the facilities of the hotel and directions to tourist attractions in Sanya.
The rooms were nice though a little out dated. They were still clean and comfortable.
My recommendations would be to have life guards at the swimming pools and free wifi in the rooms.
September 23, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Melly22 Sheraton quality a long way to go in Sanya
After staying at Sheraton resorts/hotels in Asia and other 5 star branded places, this was not up to the high quality we are used to.
- beautifully designed building, but lacking up keep to furnishings such as couch in room, cushions were stained in dining area, wooden furniture looking tired.
- lovely location
- for an older hotel, the room still had a modern feel
- quality of breakfast was good, nice tasting pastries/cakes, lovely fresh bread
- lobby bar service and drinks were good
- lack of English speaking staff
- not a selective choice in restaurants- one closed and one being refurbished
- the cost of my dinner at the cafe was very expensive for a very small piece of dried salmon and tasteless squid ink pasta
- looking for the service by the pool
- the cost did not meet the quality of Sheraton experience
- staff need to be more vigilant of patrons behaviour that effects the experience of others eg/ young children in adult pool, loud rowdy behaviour
We realise that some of these factors are driven by the current cliental, however if Sheraton and Sanya tourism wish to broaden this, these areas need to be addressed.
April 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by SantaLucia Facility and pool are very good
Water slide is my kid's favorite.
April 17, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by dj27 Poor staff
Location and resort is beautiful. However, like many others have said, the training of the staff is poor. Food & Beverage is poor, and the maintenance of the tennis courts is horrible. We had to change our room as the first one was dirty. Additionally, the large convention made this place extremely crowded. Not a private getaway.
April 28, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by RS69 Great Experience
We visit this hotel as a family with to children 4 and 7 years.
We never had such good experience.
Not space enough to explain everything.
Great room, great housekeeping.
Excellent food, great overall service.
Family is definitely satisfy we will come again for sure.
Thanks to all who took care about us!
May 20, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by GP67890 Great Hotel
The highlight of the stay was the hotel staff. They were very friendly, and extremely helpful.
The hotel had exceptional amenities, and the beach was beautiful.
September 9, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by travelr GREAT location & environment, however...
details were not up to a premium hotel standards. Adequate, but not outstanding service. Few people smiled...
Pool & beach areas are fantastic!
July 25, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by KarlBJ Room
The carpet in the guest room level is old and smelly,
There are not enough power socket in the room.
November 11, 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by Wayne Old hotel with low service
Must renovate the hotel and must train the staffs. overall service much lower than expectation
May 3, 2013