Rated 5 out of 5 by Lynny126 Luxury luxury luxury
I should have written this review long ago. Better late than never. Staff outrageous, room spectacular, food delicious. Could not beat the view from our bi level room. To wake up and see the small fishing boats out on the water was wonderful and then to eat the fresh caught fish was special. Tip, one time skip the lift and walk back to the hotel, grounds are beautiful. Long walk but worth it. Don,t miss the spa.
October 25, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by alexma management problem!
My wife and I travel for several years at many places in the world and are only in 5 * and higher categories go. This time we are in Greece, Crete, driven.
We stayed here with our in-laws in Hotel Blue Palace and have a Luxury Suite booked Iceland. The rooms are nice and equipped in order and with a heated pool. If you book a room with a pool, then this should be heated, or he is so cold that it can be hardly used. Some rooms have very little privacy can be viewed from the beach elevator up to the room. Very beautiful view. The plant is also beautiful. The problem with the beach is solved in our opinion well. Some guests find the problematic, however. The pool at the beach unfortunately with salt water and very cold. Was used by a little.
However, the biggest problem of the hotel seems to be the management. We had some comments or complaints that were only annotated with the sentence "So far we have not had any complaints." The complaints from other portals were apparently just disappears.
Here it was mainly the restaurant Olea, here is breakfast and dinner is served, and these conditions are terrible. The morning coffee is an outrage, the orange juice was already fermented. Pancakes are not fresh zubereitett front of the guest but prefabricated be warmed up. Likewise, the fried eggs. That canned fruit is offered, it should be mentioned only in passing. In the evening there is no fresh salads, but the offer sought resist despite different nightly themes. Everything seems to be not of good quality and not fresh. Not a five-star standard. For dinner, several dishes were offered that met our expectations in any way. No freshly prepared dishes such as fresh fish, etc. . Everything is kept only in warming boxes, not freshly made. Moreover, the restaurant Olea is really ugly. Fluorescent and station atmosphere with erhötem noise. From a five-star ambience far away.
Furthermore, the service of the staff did not meet even a 5 * standard.
Here is an example, because of our baby, we wanted to enjoy a pizza next to the beach pool and restaurant. Here we were informed personally by the "manager" that only we had in the (dark and cold) Italian "restaurant" to eat our pizza or order one at the Standbar something else. This is not a five-star standard. Actually not a big deal to offer this "service" of a family with a baby.
But what is now again take us, has caused us to write this report.
We asked for an appointment with the "manager" of all food areas and informed him of our concerns and comments with, but he denied everything and said there would be no complaints so far. He has then leave it. Unfortunately, not even a little "peace offering" such as oä a glass of wine.
The hotel we can not recommend simple. Who still goes here will find a basically nice hotel, but significant compromises in food and service must make. Basically, it is not recommended here half board or book even more. Breakfast is annoying enough. In the surroundings you can fine dine.
October 25, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by DCtravelers Excellent stay.
This hotel has it all. Beautiful view, excellent staff and wonderful beach and pool. We enjoyed eating off site at night but the breakfast buffet was excellent.
October 24, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by ctbnicole Could benefit from improved communications
First, I'd like to say the Concierge Staff and Haris at the Blue Door were lovely. Great, friendly smiles and made sure we were happy.
Two areas of frustration for us:
1. We signed up for the Cretan Feast--solely because there were to be local craftsman, fireside at the beach, unique experience. In actuality, tt was a prix fixe dinner at the Blue Door Greek restaurant. We would NOT have signed up for this if it were explained as this. The manager, Haris, was kind as can be and the food was good, so I didn't want to insult him. This was a complete failure, from a marketing/comms perspective, in that what the event was described to be is not what it was. I relayed my frustration to the Checkin/Front Desk and he asked, "Did you say anything at the time"? No, I did not--because clearly nothing could be done about dinner not being on the beach and no craftsmen/local culture. We were really looking forward to this, since we didn't venture into town to experience some of the local culture. It would be appreciated to receive a credit or compensation for what it was not. The only consolation I received was "I will relay it to the Head of F&B". Really?
2. We ordered a return transfer for 20:15. Arrived at 20:10 and waited for 10 minutes. Asked at front desk and they said they had 20:45. This is not what was ordered or confirmed. Extremely frustrating considering we almost missed our return flight home.
October 15, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Banana08 why stay elsewhere?
We spent several days and enjoyed the resort tremendously. Sometimes, we left the ressort to try out other restaurants but always came back to the resort as qualitity, choice and service were by far superior at the resort. Our 12-year old found the folding bed a bit narrow but otherwise enjoyed pool and tennis facilities. My wife enjoyed the spa and pool offers. Excellent place to relax and enjoy with superior service. Very attentive staff.
October 14, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by suenam Beautiful hotel
The hotel is just beautiful, all water, stone and warmth. Lots of private spaces. It was a very comfortable and relaxing place. It was really windy though, so time at the beach was limited to mid-day. I'm sure it was also a factor of the time of year, but not too far down the coast it was less windy.
October 11, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anita28 Wow, just Wow
I recently spent a week there with my Daughter and it was amazing. The food, the room, the atmosphere was every thing we wanted. Cleanliness was of a very high standard as was the quality of the food in all the restaurants on site. It was the little things that made a difference like turning the bed down at night with a small facial wipe and foot cloths at the bedside, the postcard left on the bed with the following days weather was a lovely surprise. A special mention must go to Dinos, he was every thing a gentleman should be, with friendliness, kindness and a can do attitude all the time day or night. A big thank you to all there at the hotel I will certainly try and come again.
October 1, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by ThatFella A weekend to remember!
This property is superb in every aspect: superb location, superb staff and an excellent array of possibilities for every traveller.
I would highlight 3 key elements for fellow travellers to consider:
1) Travelling to Crete at the end of summer (2nd half of September) means dealing with tricky weather. It's absolutely beautiful when it's sunny, but when the winds arrive then be prepared for chilly weather.
2) There is an excellent choice of F&B outlets at this property, but after an excellent dinner at The Ferryman in Elounda Square down the road, nobody else had a fair chance of impressing me. To each their own on this point.
3) The gym and some of the recreational gear at this property are a little bit dated and were out of order. It's quite possibly because we arrived at the end of season, but am marking down by one star in any case.
All in all, am quite pleased with our stay here. A return visit is definitely to be considered.
September 28, 2014