Rated 4 out of 5 by Premium Example of content and style
The hotel is a beacon off the highway to guests. The staff is welcoming and accomidated all our needs. Had dinner at the gastronomic. It was a wonderful experience in new cuisine although if you are on vacation its better to try for the local Rioja classic dishes. Close to Logrono for more city pleasures but just up the road La gaurdia a small classic town. I would suggest that the hotel arrange a private tasting or tour just for Platinum members as perk instead of a general group one.
November 17, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by StevenPat Impeccable Service, Beautiful Hotel
What a unique hotel in the middle of wine country! My wife and I stayed in room 1 and had a beautiful view of the cathedral. It even gets better at night as it's lit up against the dark sky. The general manager greeted us and made us feel right at home. The entire staff was pleasant and welcoming. The tasting menu was outstanding and the wine topped off a perfect stay. We highly recommend this experience for any couple who wants a romantic getaway.
October 24, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by AR11 Small, but incredible property in Elciego, ES
The Marques has a hard expectation to live up to. From the moment you book a stay you anticipate your arrival at this architecturally stunning property. Fortunately the hotel rises to those expectations and exceeds them.
I arrived in the evening to find the hotel lit up in the Spanish night. It's edges glowing and the sinuous sheen of the stainless steel and titanium cutting through the black of night. Incredible.
I spent 6 nights at the hotel and found all of it's facilities to be word class. There are three restaurants, a wonderful spa, and a guest library that is the perfect place for a late night drink.
Additionaly, the small towns of Elciego, Laguardia,and the surrounding vineyards are a wonderful place to run, bike, or just spend a day touring.
Finally, the staff are attentive without being pushy and work hard to accommodate your every request.
A true five-star experience!
December 13, 2011
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nikita Escape here with your favorite lover!!!
Unique jewel in SPG crown.
You will remember this wonderful place forever.
Located at "bodega Markiz de Riscal" - winery with very tasty Rioha wine.
Great rooms, great food (try Hake Nape fish - 45 euros for two persons), great one-of-kind design, great wine, warm swimming pool with aquamassage devices. Spa.
Greatest place for few days with your beloved one.
December 13, 2011
Rated 4 out of 5 by bbear Room Exceeded expactation
I decided to stay here for a long weekend to get away. drink a little wine and dissapear from daily chaos...it worked. The room was above and beyond with breathtaking view of the village and snow capped mountains. Views here and in the fortified village 5 kilometers up the road were spiritual. I found dining had very few options, but definately worth the trip.
May 19, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 Best hotel Best attention to customers
It was for my 60th birthday. My daughter and son got a beautiful room and my wife and myself the best suite you can imagine, with direct view to the vineyard and the church at ElCiego.
All staff was excellent, particularly at front desk and restaurants
August 2, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by SlipperyJoe expensive, but worth it.
Unique hotel, everything you could ask for, I rated the facilities as average only because I was dissapointed that the spa and hammam were not hot on either day that I tried them, the facilities are beutiful as is the location. Do the wine tour, and eat at hector ortiz.
October 1, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vincos Superlative in Every Aspect
OVERALL IMPRESSION: Nestled in beautiful wine country with the purely theatrical back-drop of the village of Elciego and it’s impressive Church of St. Andrew, this property is calculated to WOW and it succeeds in spades and by every marker. The building is a masterpiece of modern architecture by Frank O. Gehry but its magnificence is equaled by every other aspect of the experience: welcome, service, accommodation and food service are all impeccable.
SPG RECOGNITION: We were personally welcomed by the reception manager who handled our check-in and accompanied us to our room. As platinum, we were upgraded to a Grand Suite which has to be one of the finest rooms in the house with it’s full frontal view from TWO picture windows of the spectacular facade. As it was our anniversary, there was a lovely bottle of Cava chilling for us. The concierge staff is one of the most proactive I have encountered and we had several messages prior to arrival with suggestions as how to best spend our time and with offers to make all necessary arrangements. A Platinum benefit was a complimentary tour (two hours including a tasting) of the adjacent winery and this turned out to be a major highlight.
THE ROOM: Spectacular modern design in a loft-like atmosphere with modern classic furnishings and fine linens. Even appropriate mood music was arranged on the in-room sound system. The marble bathroom was huge and grandiose. We loved the Caudalie bath amenities - made from grapes to keep with the hotel-winery theme.
EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS: The Spa was elegant and beautiful with every possible feature including a great jacuzzi with a view over the vineyards. The gym, pure state-of-the-art. We opted for the five-course taster menu in the gastronomic restaurant and this was truly superb - from the excellent service to the inventive cuisine. They even recognized our anniversary with a special dessert.
DID NOT MEET EXPECTATIONS: Not a single aspect of this property falls short of perfection.
November 12, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by suman514 Divine in every way - would love to go back
I don’t normally write such long reviews, but our hotel experience was very special.
1. Excellent service. Yahia, the doorman/bellboy/repairman, was more than amazing. In fact, there really are no words to describe how fantastic he was! For my husband and I, an excellent hotel experience includes a nice, clean room, good facilities AND great service. This hotel nailed the “service” with Yahia. He’s your first point of contact at the hotel (he helps you out of your car, taxi, etc). He is an absolute gem, and I hope the hotel holds on to him. Yahia - thank you so much for making our stay unforgettable!
2. Fully equipped rooms with a view. Not only were there top of the line electronics within the room, the bathroom was probably one of the most spacious that we've ever experienced (includes 2 closets, bathtub, shower stall with rain shower, Cinq Monde toiletries and a separate toilet closet#. Our room was in the spa wing and had a stunning view of the church and the rest of the village of Elciego. If you don’t get a room in the main building, ask for one facing the town - you won’t regret it!
3. Great food. Dinner at the hotel’s Michelin star restaurant, “Restaurante Marqués de Riscal,” is an absolute must. We had the 10 course tasting menu, and it was the best dinner we've ever had. It was creative and delicious using local ingredients. The restaurant/Chef also worked around my shellfish allergy so that I could enjoy the dining experience with my husband. My dishes were exquisite and my husband loved his too. Thank you Chef! I would also like to applaud the 5-person team that were flawless and courteous throughout the dinner service.
4. Stunning hotel. Designed by frank Gerry, I found the exterior ribbon-like architecture of the main building mesmerizing and surreal. I must have taken at least a hundred pictures of the hotel, but still feel like my pictures didn’t do it justice. Just gorgeous.
5. Other. We didn't get any spa services #Claudalie products), but the pool was really nice and the lounging area by the vineyard was relaxing.
Highly recommend this hotel.
April 12, 2013