Rated 5 out of 5 by smartal Excellent Service
great Service. Manager and staff are all very helpful and eager to help. Great Job!
Rated 5 out of 5 by AndreyS Fantastic experience!
The good stuff starts the moment you see the hotel - it's fabulous! Keep in mind that it looks different through the day! Hotel staff does outstanding job really to help you with your stay in the hotel and with your fun time in local surroundings. Hotel itself is just fantastic - you have fabulous options to spend great time here - from SPA relaxation to exploring local wines at the bar. Tip: get your drinks served at the library. You have absolutely to try this hotel! Outstanding!!!
Rated 5 out of 5 by wineooo For Wine Lovers
Rated 5 out of 5 Best hotel Best attention to customers
It was for my 60th birthday. My daughter and son got a beautiful room and my wife and myself the best suite you can imagine, with direct view to the vineyard and the church at ElCiego.
All staff was excellent, particularly at front desk and restaurants
Rated 5 out of 5 by suman514 Divine in every way - would love to go back
I don’t normally write such long reviews, but our hotel experience was very special.
1. Excellent service. Yahia, the doorman/bellboy/repairman, was more than amazing. In fact, there really are no words to describe how fantastic he was! For my husband and I, an excellent hotel experience includes a nice, clean room, good facilities AND great service. This hotel nailed the “service” with Yahia. He’s your first point of contact at the hotel (he helps you out of your car, taxi, etc). He is an absolute gem, and I hope the hotel holds on to him. Yahia - thank you so much for making our stay unforgettable!
2. Fully equipped rooms with a view. Not only were there top of the line electronics within the room, the bathroom was probably one of the most spacious that we've ever experienced (includes 2 closets, bathtub, shower stall with rain shower, Cinq Monde toiletries and a separate toilet closet#. Our room was in the spa wing and had a stunning view of the church and the rest of the village of Elciego. If you don’t get a room in the main building, ask for one facing the town - you won’t regret it!
3. Great food. Dinner at the hotel’s Michelin star restaurant, “Restaurante Marqués de Riscal,” is an absolute must. We had the 10 course tasting menu, and it was the best dinner we've ever had. It was creative and delicious using local ingredients. The restaurant/Chef also worked around my shellfish allergy so that I could enjoy the dining experience with my husband. My dishes were exquisite and my husband loved his too. Thank you Chef! I would also like to applaud the 5-person team that were flawless and courteous throughout the dinner service.
4. Stunning hotel. Designed by frank Gerry, I found the exterior ribbon-like architecture of the main building mesmerizing and surreal. I must have taken at least a hundred pictures of the hotel, but still feel like my pictures didn’t do it justice. Just gorgeous.
5. Other. We didn't get any spa services #Claudalie products), but the pool was really nice and the lounging area by the vineyard was relaxing.
Highly recommend this hotel.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Vincos Superlative in Every Aspect
OVERALL IMPRESSION: Nestled in beautiful wine country with the purely theatrical back-drop of the village of Elciego and it’s impressive Church of St. Andrew, this property is calculated to WOW and it succeeds in spades and by every marker. The building is a masterpiece of modern architecture by Frank O. Gehry but its magnificence is equaled by every other aspect of the experience: welcome, service, accommodation and food service are all impeccable.
SPG RECOGNITION: We were personally welcomed by the reception manager who handled our check-in and accompanied us to our room. As platinum, we were upgraded to a Grand Suite which has to be one of the finest rooms in the house with it’s full frontal view from TWO picture windows of the spectacular facade. As it was our anniversary, there was a lovely bottle of Cava chilling for us. The concierge staff is one of the most proactive I have encountered and we had several messages prior to arrival with suggestions as how to best spend our time and with offers to make all necessary arrangements. A Platinum benefit was a complimentary tour (two hours including a tasting) of the adjacent winery and this turned out to be a major highlight.
THE ROOM: Spectacular modern design in a loft-like atmosphere with modern classic furnishings and fine linens. Even appropriate mood music was arranged on the in-room sound system. The marble bathroom was huge and grandiose. We loved the Caudalie bath amenities - made from grapes to keep with the hotel-winery theme.
EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS: The Spa was elegant and beautiful with every possible feature including a great jacuzzi with a view over the vineyards. The gym, pure state-of-the-art. We opted for the five-course taster menu in the gastronomic restaurant and this was truly superb - from the excellent service to the inventive cuisine. They even recognized our anniversary with a special dessert.
DID NOT MEET EXPECTATIONS: Not a single aspect of this property falls short of perfection.
Rated 5 out of 5 by StevenPat Impeccable Service, Beautiful Hotel
What a unique hotel in the middle of wine country! My wife and I stayed in room 1 and had a beautiful view of the cathedral. It even gets better at night as it's lit up against the dark sky. The general manager greeted us and made us feel right at home. The entire staff was pleasant and welcoming. The tasting menu was outstanding and the wine topped off a perfect stay. We highly recommend this experience for any couple who wants a romantic getaway.
Rated 5 out of 5 by SlipperyJoe expensive, but worth it.
Unique hotel, everything you could ask for, I rated the facilities as average only because I was dissapointed that the spa and hammam were not hot on either day that I tried them, the facilities are beutiful as is the location. Do the wine tour, and eat at hector ortiz.