Rated 5 out of 5 by riaad Good food
pleasant personal at reception(compliments to Nitisha)
Food was excellent
Bar personal was at your service(Thanks to Rakesh and Kusheena)
January 6, 2015
Rated 3 out of 5 by Cristina12 Very bad organitation.
Not recognition of spg member, not upgrade and even ,I was not in spg preferred guest rooms .
I have been in this hotel some years ago and food was not so bad as now: Bad quality and not great choice. Even one night, they served me a fish in very bad condition ( even smelling ). I´m allergic to garlic and, of course , I ve told it. Well , I didn´feel very well the first days : the fourth day , the second cooker of Faya´s restaurant told me one of the meals I was eating had garlic : an they told me it has not!!! That happens the first days
No drink water in room . No newspaper.
I spent 9 days trying to arrange the bill of my first stay. The answer every day : don´t worry ; and they didn´t arrange it : I did it when I was back at home : so , I lost a lot of time every day.
Before arriving , I asked for early check-in : of course I ´ve been waiting till 2 :00 p.m. for the room and without any answer. No early check-in.
These hotel could be good for tour operators , but private clients will find a service for " sheeps ". I cannot imagine the future of this hotel in one year.Forget spg members.
One good thing : I got late check-out
Some employers , in Faya restaurant , were kind and good
Spa : I receive a purifying and nettoyant facial treatement : it was not " vapeur machine " !!! they use a hot towel over the face
And many , many more things.
January 18, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nanabhai Island Retreat
Hotel Facilities excellent .Great variety of food available for breakfast and dinner. Staff at all levels from reception to the restaurants were polite and we were made to feel most welcome.Special thanks to Sailesh Namah for his help in getting me treatment for my foot at the Hotels clinic - I had stepped on to a sea urchin while swimming at Ille aux Cerfs and as you can imagine it was not very pleasant trying to remove the spikes.Perhaps the hotel could warn visitors of this hazard in future.
October 8, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by AJVL Relaxing
Just a wonderful Hotel
Friendly and professional restaurant service.
Great choice or drinks at the bar
Excellent Well Appointed Rooms with amazing large comfortable beds
Menu a little limited and should be expanded.
The hotel should remember that customers have traveled in excess of 24 hours from European Destinations to come to this hotel and as such guests arriving should be given rooms on arrival without having to wait for the 3.00pm check-in time.
October 16, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gaetan Hotel in paradise island
I have stayed in many hotels but this one is certainly on the top of my list for two main reasons:
1) It was really wonderful to open up the curtains in the morning and to see the blue sea in front of you.
2) The staff on my floor were exemplary. My room maid, Florentina, was so polite and dedicated to her work that just talking to her would make my day. Also, the kindness of the floor supervisor, Mr Sahaz, and the help and assistance he provided me made my short stay the most enjoyable.
I definitely recommend Le Meridien at Pointe aux Piments, Mauritius.
September 12, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ipocampus The Best To Mauritius
I work in Dubai for 14 years and always stay in 5 star hotels. Mauritius I stayed for about a month and ten days of these were spent with my wife and other friends to the Meridien. The hotel has no equal on the whole territory. The staff is very polite, efficient and very friendly, especially Mr. Ahmad Khodabocus, who speaks perfect Italian and also, due to a sudden failure of the ADSL line of our rooms, we replaced the rooms immediately, with others most beautiful. There are many restaurants, but the self service is not up to the others, which are excellent in every sense. The sea is beautiful, so the layout of the rooms, of approx. 50 mq, practically on the beach. Cleaning exemplary. THE price is advantageous. If it solves the problem of the meals in the buffet, the Hotel is considered perfect. Surely I will return soon to work for myself for a whole month.
Thanks for the hospitality.
December 3, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Duke29 Great place to relax and unwind
My wife (6 months pregnant) and I stayed at the Nirvana wing, which was private and peaceful. We spent 5 nights at the resort.
What we liked:
1. Food was really great - at all restaurants.
2. Availability of golf carts / shuttle between main reception and Nirvana wing. Waiting is required though.
3. Vinesh (bar man) at the pool bar (Nirvana) very proactive and helpful. Great cocktails prepared skillfully and speedily.
4. Pool was warm and clean.
5. Live entertainment every night.
6. Comfy bed with great turn-downs.
What we disliked:
1. Rooms on 1st floor subjected to noise which lasted the whole night - sounded like a motor running. We were initially in room 467 but asked to be moved. It was unbearable - 1st night was sleepless.
2. The patio / balcony of the rooms need proper cleaning attention. Lots of dirt build-up (webs, insect droppings, dust) along the corners of walls and floors. Had to call housekeeping to clean the patio and room of 467 during day 1 of our stay - dirty floors.
3. The beach is not enjoyable for casual strolling or normal swimming/bathing due to vast amounts of dead coral and small rocks. Must wear shoes for swimming or snorkeling.
4. Unavailability of beach towels at Nirvana wing - clean towels not replenished often enough. We often had to wait or even use the bath towel from the room.
5. Free wi-fi needs re-activation every 2 hours.
6. Toilet cubicle too small. I am not a large person, but anyone larger than me wont fit into that cubicle. Had to leave toilet door open in order to fit.
7. Bad experience with no response to my 3 phone calls for a shuttle from Nirvana wing to reception (dinner), during my last night of stay. I called 3 times and was told the shuttle (golf cart) was on its way. After waiting for 30 minutes, my pregnant wife and I had to walk from Nirvana wing to Shells restaurant. We had to make several stops due to my wife suffering with severe pains and cramps, on account of the long walk. I was very upset on account of this, as her pregnancy is high risk, and this was stressful for us. I mentioned this to reception while checking/settling my bill that evening.
November 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by RoyandVic Our dream come true
We arrived at Le Meridian on 2nd October with 11 friends and family to have our wedding on 5th October. Right from the first minute of our arrival we were made to feel most welcome and relaxed. Even when there was a mix up with our paper work at the government office (no fault of the Holiday Company or hotel) that meant we had to get married a day later, the hotel and the staff couldn’t do enough for us. Our wedding coordinators Melanie Juste and Karine De Casanove helped us with the planning of our special day,( although Melanie was main co-ordinator and looked after us as if she was looking after her own family, nothing was too much trouble for Melanie) everything from choosing the flowers, cake, and which part of the hotel we wanted to get married in, to the finer details of the wedding meal. It was fantastic!
The facilities of the hotel were excellent and exceeded our expectations, there were 3 different restaurants (one buffet) and then a 4th restaurant opened whilst we were there. As we were staying in the Nirvarna area we had breakfast at La Faya restaurant most mornings, overlooking the beach, Nitish and Mehfooza greeted us each morning with a charming smile and great coffee. Each day at all the restaurants the presentation was exquisite and the a la carte menu at La Faya was as good as any top restaurant you would find in London, the Niçoise Salad is well worth trying, I had one every day! The newest restaurant, Cumin, has an excellent selection of curies and they make fresh naan bread in front of you, light and delicious! Pradeep was our waiter in Cumin and he was very attentive and professional; we never went hungry or thirsty. We would always see the head chef’s in the restaurant and they would always make a point of speaking to us and asking if we were enjoying our food. The one thing I would say is that the hot plates needed to be a bit hotter as sometimes the food wasn’t always piping hot.
The staff at all the bars were constantly friendly and pleased to see us and Dillan at the beach bar very quickly knew what our favourite drinks were. Sahil, the bar manager in the main reception area was always friendly as told us the best places to visit in Grand Baie.
I only have a little to mention about the rooms as we spent most of our time on the beach or in the many restaurants. Upon arrival, as part of our wedding package we were eligible for an upgrade if one was available. Imagine our complete surprise when we were given the keys to the Royal Suite in the Nirvana area. Oh my goodness it was incredible! The house keeping staff that looked after us and our room made a point of personally introducing himself to us as Soudesh and you could see he was very proud and professional about his job, and kept our suite spotless.
All in all we were all so pleased to have chosen Le Meridian for our wedding, wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it, and would definitely go back one day (to celebrate our anniversary maybe?). It is clear that they are professional, and well equipped to cope with your dream wedding with any number of guests that you wish. The setting was complete paradise and the whole experience was a fairy tale. We have very treasured memories of this wonderful hotel and beautiful people and Paradise Island.
November 24, 2013