Rated 4 out of 5 by DallasGreen1 20th Anniversary Bliss
A perfect spot to celebrate 20 years of weded bliss at the place it all started.
August 25, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by tjb11 Absolute paradise
The St. Regis Princeville was the perfect place to start our honeymoon. The staff were so welcoming, gracious, and friendly and made us feel like it was a home away from home. We had breathtaking views of Hanalei Bay from our room and had just a short drive to amazing restaurants and attractions.
August 23, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by edwin50 graet snorkeling site, beautiful location
beautiful location and view, great services and clean
August 23, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by kalitad Overall avg experience at world-class price
Facilities were beautiful, room was great and the housekeeping was excellent. The Kauai Grill was delicious and a highlight of the stay.
The main issue with the hotel was the service - there were a few exceptions, but generally it felt like the staff either didnt know what was going on or didnt care. Particular issues:
1) On the two days we were poolside, we never had an attendant come and ask us for a food or drink order. On the first day, we even told an attendant who was delivering a food order that we wanted to place an order. She told us she would be right with us but did not return. On both days we just ended up going to the bar/lunch place and ordering from there directly. In total we were at the pool ~5-6 hours and were never asked for anything.
2) On oour first night at the hotel I called the front desk to ask what places were open for dinner at the hotel. I was told incorrect information (that nearly everything was closed) when there were still two locations open.
3) The elevator broke down on the first day - there was no one there to redirect people and we had to go searching for helpo. Eventually we found someone to take us to the service elevator.
4) When I rented a kayak from the beach house the attendant had no idea how to fill out the forms or what to do. I dont blame the guy (it was his 2nd day), but he shouldnt be attending the station himself
5) we were on our honeymoon (and this was brought up at check-in and to our SPG contact) but did not get any perks or mention of this. Other hotels gave us a bottle of champagne and review websites mentioned that the st regis did the same for others...
Bottomline was the service was totally unacceptable given our expectations for this level of a hotel. (obviously the above are very "first-world" type of problems, but when shelling out for an expensive hotel, I think its reasonable to expect better service.)
Also, everything at the hotel was very expensive and there was a constant need to tip people. Felt the like the money was constantly being sucked out of my pockets.
August 24, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by AAM14 Amazing Honeymoon Location
My wife and I came here on our honeymoon and it was the perfect way to finish our vacation. The staff was amazingly accommodating and everything about the hotel was comfortable and great. The location is what makes this place though. The views from the beach and the rooms are enough to prevent you from doing anything else. It was a chore to pry ourselves away from the beautiful scenery and comfort of the hotel to go visit Hanalei and the other surrounding areas. We absolutely loved it and we will be coming back.
August 17, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by CubsfanChicago Small corrections needed
1. Not having a shuttle to get to the Makai Golf Course seems silly. The course is connected to the hotel, right? I was shocked that I needed to hire a taxi to travel the 1 mile (I wanted to leave the car with my wife to use with the kids). Having to get a taxi for that distance is embarrassing
2. In that same vein. You might consider having an urn of coffee out for guests heading out the door. I understand the coffee shop wants its customers, but $4.17 for a small coffee seemed cheap. Not looking for anything fancy but I can’t remember the last time I was at any hotel where they did not have a small pot out for a guest to grab a small cup.
3. Lastly – I wished the concierge had suggested the Kauai golf package to me when booking me tee times at Prince and Makai. I ended up playing Poipu Bay as well and could have saved a considerable amount of money had she mentioned the package. Unfortunately, by the time I realized that all of the courses cooperate on a golf deal it was too late. Seems like an oversight on her part not to at least mention the possibility of a deal for three rounds when she was already booking me two before we even arrived on island.
August 20, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by LindsayinSF Amazing Property, Wonderful Experience
This was the first time I have stayed at a St. Regis property and what better time than in Kauai for my Honeymoon. The property was stunning and perfectly situated on Hanalei Bay. Stunning views and very close to some beautiful hiking trails. You are at the northern most tip, so expect to drive 1-1.5hrs to more activities like sailing.
Prior to my stay I received a congratulations email from one of the Butler staff asking me questions to prep for my husband and I's arrival. To say the least the red carpet was rolled out prior to our stay and that made us feel fantastic and confident that we would have an excellent stay. That customer service was extended the entire time from check-in to check-out. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and delivered on premium customer service. We had one minor issue with trying to book some excursions with the hotel through the concierge, but as soon as I sent an email expressing my concern, 4 additional staff members reached out on how to help.
The room was incredible. We stayed in an ocean front suite that could easily be the size of a one bedroom apartment in San Francisco. The room was kept tidy & neat and the butler staff was impeccable. I would have loved to have the option for more firm pillows and you could tell the mattress was a bit worn in as there were some lumps. Overall, the room fit us comfortably and had an amazing view.
The dining was exceptional with different options to choose from. Being an SPG member only made it better since you received a percent off the tab. The dining & Bar staff were excellent and very attentive. The Pool serving staff was not quite as stellar and often forgot your order or brought you the wrong thing.
Overall the stay was fantastic and the level of customer service was excellent. Thank you to the staff & this property for one of the most memorable experiences.
We will definitely return!
August 19, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lynnemce Amazing Property
This hotel is absolutely fabulous...it is one of the most beautiful places on the planet! From the time you drive up until the moment you leave, you are pampered to the max. I'd like to mention some of the wonderful members of the staff that made my stay so special: Timothy (valet), Erica (check in...great and personable experience), Flyn (Makana Terrece...awesome dining and service), and Phylo (bellman) upon departure. My special thanks go to Shane Komaine and his over the top pool and beach staff...they are definitely the heart and soul of the entire property....I had such great service from Rachael and although I didn't have any interaction with her, I was amazed watching Candice work...you couldn't ask for better wait help. My favorite employee at the hotel was Kaipo at the beach...he is an amazing young man who went to great lengths to make sure my every desire was catered to and greeted me like an old friend each time I saw him. Jeris also went that extra mile...thanks so much to the both of you!
The view from this property is amazing from the time you enter the lobby until you reach the lower pool and beach levels...it's so beautiful, you don't want to miss a minute...it's too gorgeous to even take a short siesta from your lounger overlooking Hanalei Bay!!!
The on property Kauai Grill is a must...out of this world!!!
August 4, 2014