Rated 5 out of 5 by LouisLEI Nice Stay with Le Méridien Shimei Bay Beach Resort & Spa Again
Everything are so nice as last time I stayed!
1. Nice welcome when we arrived the hotel by taxi. We get welcome juice when we make the chckin in lobby and the manager are very kind for us to upgrade my room for free.
2. Nice room service and delicious food as usual. Besides, the services are so effective that I think I just waited for it for maybe 15 mins then it's arrived.
3. The two swimming pools are good that they can keep cold fresh water even in summer which it's so hot outside, which I like it so much that I can enjoy the cool water anytime I like.
4. Actually there were some problems about my SPG account to get the stay and Starpoints from this stay but after I called to the hotel, they made it out and helped me to get it. It's so nice of all staffs from Le Méridien Shimei Bay Beach Resort & Spa. I thought you may just help me little but it turns out you helped me all!
See you next summer and I would love to enjoy the stay with you soon!
August 25, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by LouisLEI Good Escape with Le Méridien Shimei Bay
First of all, sorry that I write this review after one year, for two reasons A I was so busy last year about writing this kinda review B it turns out I'll come again on July of this year!
If You Are the One let me know about this hotel, and I like Shu Qi very much so I decided to come and experience in person.
1. Front desk staffs are very friendly and effective to help me checkin and checkout.
2. Breakfast is so good that I get lots of choices and they are so fresh and warm. Besides, the manager came and asked if the service good enough.
3. The room are brilliant with a good garden view. Last year the WIFI is not FOC so I just use my own mobile to access the internet.
4. It was a friend's birthday so we booked a cake in the Sensation Entertainment Lounge, if my memory is right, it's a lounge nearest the lobby. The cake just so so honestly but we can understand it since the location of hotel is far away of the downtown. Of course we are looking for more choices of cake no matter what for.
5. The fitness is good with friendly staffs as well and the facilities are pretty new and good to used.
6. Since the location of this hotel is quite far away of city center so I suggest there are some shuttle bus to the train station as well, as far as I checked there are only two way shuttle buses to the Sanya airport and Sanya city.
July, my next stay in here again, looking forward it!
June 17, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by DrPangloss great staff
The staff here are amazing--in particular the management (Patrick) and the associate manager (John)
July 28, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by Tourist3 Beach Vacation in China
What initially attracted us to the Le Meridien Shimei Bay Beach Resort and Spa was the reputation Le Meridien had built for itself through exceptional service at various locations around the world. As a result of experiencing other Le Meridien resorts our expectations were set beyond the capabilities of the Wanning Shimei Bay resort. The hotel is located in a very secluded region of Hainan Island with no shops or markets outside the hotel for miles (great for a quite get away). Although the water is fairly clean the beaches are littered with trash in either direction. Hotel security has been instructed by hotel management to discourage hotel patrons from entering the water. On one occasion hotel management called us out of the water and noted it was ‘Against Hotel Policy’ to allow anyone to swim in the sea. The reason – “it is for your safety and security”. Better value and less hassles are abundantly available….keep looking.
April 7, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by ChiZhang Great Escape
Have been to many beach resorts all over the World, this one is beyond my expectation, the beach was OK, but quite, and very romantic. The resort is middle of nowhere, which give us quite good experiences think how crowded nowadays in Sanya.
The satellite island "Jiaji", has one of the most crystal water for snorkeling and diving, as good as maldives.
March 7, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by travel123 Great holiday experience
I've been staying at Le Meridien Shimei Bay a number of times over the years, and the environment and service never failed to impress. A few years ago, probably around 2010, there was a slight decline, but it appears that now the hotel is back at it's best with excellent service, facilities and f&b. This time, I took my grandmother for a 4-day beach retreat, and everything was up to the high level of Le Meredien standards. The location is excellent with no other hotels near by, so the beach is clean and secluded. Perfect for a quiet escape from the hustle and bustle of big cities.
April 18, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cherry Excellent holiday hotel in peaceful beach
We had two nights stay in a lagoon view room. We were told all the lagoon view rooms are on first floor which is quite wet - there is private swimming pool room on ground floor which I personal don't recommend because of privacy reason. The view is quite pleasant compared to the mountain view at this stage - hundreds buildings are being construction along the mountain. Bed is large and comfortable, bathroom facilities are 5 star quality, room is clean. We chose non-smoking room and it WAS no smoking smell which is quite good. (It's quite often in China that you chose a non-smoking room but still can smell the smoke.) The restaurants are nice especially the Breakers, yet the price is expensive compared to outside. There are six outdoor spa pools and two indoor spa pools in the SPA center. All are very much recommended! There were not many guests during the time we stayed, therefore the beach was quite quiet though wavy. Hotel staffs are friendly and efficiently. Will recommend to my friends.
April 16, 2013
Rated 4 out of 5 by emma1220 restaurant
Chinese cuisine should be improved and the service level must be evaluated. it's not like the one in such a luxury hotel.
March 14, 2013