Rated 5 out of 5 by hse24 Beautiful hotel
Most beautiful ground
December 30, 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by vkvkvkvk Great sea view!
Great location , friendly stuff !
October 30, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bill12345 Big Disappointment
If you are expecting a flawless 5 STAR experience, think again. While the physical facility is nice and clean, the staff is ill-trained and ill-equiped to meet the world standards of 5 star Luxury hotel. At best, the service was uneven, and in some cases confrontational and rude. The spa was quite nice although no hot tub and to use the indoor pool costs extra, or you can swin in the freezing outdoor pool (before they close it without notice).The infinity pool was tiny and very cold in the middle of August, (if it is not warm in August, when would it be warm? - the water in the ocean nearby was much warmer) and this pool was not open during the published hours. Or you can walk half a mile to an adjacent facility and use their pool (not convenient). The Italian restaurant in the hotel was good but overpriced. The breakfast was clumsily served and amateurish. We were verbally abused by the hostess claiming (wrongly) that we had not been given the 'complimentary breakfast' as our SPG gift, even though the reception desk clerk had furnished two vouchers for us.
The concierge service was non-existant, and try to get simple driving directions to the airport and you will surely be lost in greater Athens from the hand directions we were provided. This hotel is a remodel of one obviously built in the 1960s, on a great site, but the whole word "hospitality" #let alone 'luxury'# was not understood by the staff. It doesn't matter if the place looks good, if you are not treated right, what is the point?
August 15, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Logowesley Paradise near Athens
Due to my StarHOT status I choose not to stay in Athens citycentre because I wanted to try the coast of the mainland of Greece and extend my 2-week beach holiday at the Greek Islands. We were overwhelmed by the beauty of the private beach and view this resort has. The nicest receptionist (unfortunately I don't remember his name) gave us an upgrade and the room was fantastic! During the day we enjoyed the sun at the private beach and we were very impressed of the bartender at the beachbar. He gave us impressive recomendations about wine and when we asked for a "Spritzer", he served us the perfect alternative that was even better!. At night we asked the same receptionist for recommendations about restaurants and he had more than enough to recommend. Too many for one night, but so nice! Eventually we went to the hotel restaurant and we had a perfect dinner and ambiance. Very nice Greek wines, food and the nicest hosts. If I have to give feedback or critics: There was something about the waiter at breakfast. I could tell that he didn't ment to be rude, but he had a loud voice and gave an aggressive impression. Overall we had a great time at the Arion. The perfect ending of our vacation. Although I had the advantage to be a "Starhotguest" I would love to return to this Resort any time (even without a discount).
September 24, 2012
Rated 3 out of 5 by Trish Classy facility, but sevice needs improvement
With an average room, priced at $450, I expected a higher level of service.
From the very start, upon entering the facility we were not met at the door by the bellhop, neither were the front desk ladies very friendly, they were operating as if they were just there to do their job, check us IN and tell us our room number. No hello, how is your day going, thank you for booking with Arion. Just simple robots, with no expression.
We did not receive an escort to our room and thus, got lost. (our room number was not in sync with the other rooms -- strange) However, a nice fellow (a man working on the premises showed us and helped us with our bags.
Overall, the rooms were very clean and the facility was nice, but that is not what makes the experience, those are just the black and white pieces which are the building blocks, it is the PEOPLE, the STAFF that bring color and set the tone for the atmosphere, which is the experience!
I was really disappointed with the front desk ladies, even after we freshened up and came downstairs to plan our day, they were busy having a conversation between one another, even though we were standing in front at the information desk (which is located directly beside the front desk AND they were only the two present, obviously we need their assistance!.) However, the gentlemen at the Skybar, by the dock, was friendly and gave great suggestions about the surrounding area. the gentleman also by the inside bar in the lobby was great!
May 24, 2013
Rated 2 out of 5 by DisgruntlledLondener 5 star location with 2 star service
In my 25 years of staying at 5 star luxury properties throughout the world, I have rarely been as disappointed in the level of service as I was at the Arion. From check in to departure, the staff let us down:
1 Upon check in we had to wait while desk clerk spoke on phone with someone about a reservation while other clerk dealt with irate couple complaining about their allotted room. He did not know we had 2 rooms booked, and was confused about which one was to be set up with twin beds vs king. He did not give us a map of the resort or explain where things were.
2. We were taken to our bungalow rooms and there was rubbish and dirty laundry outside the doors at 9pm at night- a terrible first impression
3. Bedding arrangements (see point 1) were mixed up, and we called for assistance. Two hours later after dinner we called again...and bedding was sorted after midnight.
4. Breakfast staffing inadequate
5. Beach attendant overwhelmed . Took 39 minutes to get towels and try to put up broken umbrellas (see below) when you could find attendant.
6. Condition of chaise lounges and umbrellas at beach very poor/broken.
7. Concierge/front desk help very poor. No menus for other restaurants in the resort (westin) . When asked about the difference between the 2 Greek restaurants at the westin, was informed one was "modern" and the other traditional. I was not informed that modern one that we booked was 2x more expensive, and less appropriate for my family of 5. Help with booking cars/site seeing equally useless.
8. Housekeeping responsiveness and consistency terrible. Missing chair cushions on terrace, burned out light bulbs, missing robes in room, failure to replace exhausted shower gel, failure to replace bath mats, leaving honey covered cutlery in room for days...shocking. Most requests took hours ... Or days... To satisfy.
9. Lobby bar service very poor-had to ask for bill 3x and wait 30 minutes to pay one night.
10. Most hotel staff did not smile or say hello or acknowledge presence when passed them on grounds.
The above is not all inclusive, but provides a sample of the range of failures in customer service that is very unexpected at a Luxury Collection property. It is highly unfortunate given the beautiful location of this property, and entirely unacceptable given the prices charged.
I will think twice before making another Luxury Collection reservation in the future.
August 10, 2013