Rated 5 out of 5 by Ratna Sheraton Yogya, I love it
I'd like to stay here and this is our first coming. As a booker, i always book this hotel for our staffs if there is a meeting in Yogya or around.
All facilities and staffs are very kind and hospitality.
For food, this hotel needs to improve the taste. All are excellent, excluding food. Too many variations but the taste is poor.
August 3, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Rangga Worst service of all SPG hotel
Staff here , including the gm, seems to have problem fulfilling their promises.
- Staff at the front desk promised to deliver something to my room in 1 hour, and it is still not delivered after 2.5 hours. When called to ask, excuses were given.
- GM promised to call and I made it a point to stay in my room, but again no call was received. When I called and finally managed to get him after 30m, again excuses were given, but no initiative was taken To meet me in my room. He was also rude and raised his voice to me on the phone. He also said that his boss 'doesn't want t call me'
Others about the hotel:
- facilities are deteriorating, with falling cupboard doors and all. I've seen a 2 start hotel with better maintained facilities
- service at the restaurants are very slow, it's obvious that they cannot operate at full capacity
July 31, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by NicoNYC Need room refresh
The hotel is nice, well located and the staff is nice. The restaurant food is good and the view of the mountain is excellent.
The pool is filled with children so you can't rest in the afternoon.
The rooms need a serious refresh. I wouldn't take a bath and was really rushing through the bathroom as it was not enjoyable.
We had rooms with families all around us so it was fairly noisy in the morning.
July 30, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Komathy One of the best in the town
Friendly staffs and overall was a pleasant trip.
July 13, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Rangga Worst experience from all SPG hotels
The staff at this hotel, including the GM seems to have problem with fulfilling their promises:
- the staff at the reception promised to deliver something to my room in 1 hour time. So I made it a point to stay in my room. After 2.5 hours, it is still not delivered. When I called to enquire, I was given various lame excuses.
- I requested to speak to the GM and someone called back to tell me that the GM is ready to speak to me and will call me in my room. Again I made it a point to stay in my room to wait for his call. After 45m, still no call was received. When I managed to call him directly, I was again given excuses. He was also rude and raised his voice. When I asked to speak to someone one level higher, he told me that he doesn't want to speak to me.
Other note about the hotel:
- facilities and maintenance is horrible. I've seen a 2-star hotel with better maintained facilities
- service at the restaurant is super slow. It is apparent that they are incapable of operating at full capacity.
I am a Platinum SPG member, and I've stayed in many Starwood properties around the world. I was also staying at a junior suite at the hotel. This is by far my worst experience. My recommendation is to stay away from this hotel if you do not want to ruin your experience when visiting Yogyakarta.
July 31, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by BD2410 Its pleasant experience
It's plesant experience, however, breakfast need to be improved. Some facility in Bathroom was broken, need to be repaired.
July 30, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by TravellerJeff Lovely decor. Great pool. Great staff.
I stayed at this hotel as part of a longer journey through Asia. An airport pickup was arranged and took me to the hotel in just a few minutes. I stayed on the Club floor. The room was very nice, but a few things were tired and worn, so a refresh or soft refurbishment would be in order. The Club breakfast and evening drinks were fine and the staff attentive. I used the Spa facilities, but the experience of a relaxing massage was spoilt by noise from the indoor pool outside. Staff helped me arrange a car and driver to Borobudur easily.
July 21, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by tata27 dsitrubed by other guests
despite the all the good rating given above, our stay was anoyyed by the Harley Davidson group that also stayed at your hotel in the same days we stayed.
we were distrubed by horrible noise of their motorbikes those parked around the lobby in early morning even before 5 o'clock and had to call your recepcionist asking to stop them.
this inconvinience countinued happened during they stay..
please make a carefull attention for such thing in the future should you have such reservation from the kind of group.
March 29, 2012