Rated 2 out of 5 Holiday review
This hotel is very tired and needs a lot of updating. Stairs are broken, shrubs grass and trees are very overgrown. It needs a paint and updating the rooms. I couldn't even get hand towels for two days. I had a beachfront villa which I paid extra for and was very disappointed.
August 31, 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by Varun86 Not Impressed
I am not impressed by the services recieved, no hand towels, no soap , no slippers, no mini bar, TV not working, old furniture. Except spacious romm nothing special about the resot, my past reperiences have been god but this one serioulsly disappointed me. I am travellin to china next week and in doubt whether to continue my patronage with SPG or not.
August 25, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by fawaz75 very bad
I did not find worse than this hotel .. sorry
August 25, 2014
Rated 2 out of 5 by dridri Hotel needs renovation
Nothing is really taken care of, in rooms and public areas.
August 25, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by JNA1 Dreadful - Very disappointed
Much of this resort is filthy and in a terrible state of repair, way below the standards of the most basic Sheraton hotels. I think it should be avoided like the plague.
Despite a warm welcome by the reception staff and an SPG Platinum upgrade to a large suite, I am unable to recommend this property. Further reasons follow:
1)The resort is dirty and untidy, in desperate need of a thorough clean-up operation. Electrical switches soiled, litter-bins over-flowing, much furniture remains in use, despite being grubby, with cigarette burn damage. Even the most basic hostel for students would have turfed this stuff out long ago.
2) Go nowhere near the Captains Grill - the seafood was off. I understand mistakes happen on the odd occasion, but the way my polite feedback was handled was simply appalling. The plate was returned to my table with the comment that it was 'all okay' despite the strong smell of fish way past its best. The conversation with the staff became more challenging and the waiter even stuck his hand into my food (right in front of my nose) and tasted the fare as if to prove some point. It was embarrassing beyond belief...
3) Some creature, unidentified, bites... in the bedroom. I could go on, but have written separately to the management.
September 16, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by extremelydissatisfied One of the worst stays of my life
Not sure where to even begin. All I can say is that for the 20 odd countries I've travelled to in my life, I may have had the worst service I have ever encountered. Rooms were nice, facilities were ok, the staff, simply did not care.
1) for a dinner buffet, we completely served ourselves, including getting water, napkins, cutlery, and the only time the staff showed up, was for the bill.
2) while attending the wedding event, when asked for a be rage at the open bar, the hotel staff couldn't find a clean glass near her, so she basically (in front of me), emptied water from a used glass and proceeded to fill it up with ice and was preparing for the drink. When I protested that I did not want a dirty glass, she then finally walked TWO steps over, to where the clean glasses were kept.
3) when checking out, we ordered a hotel car to take us. We were running late and told the driver. When just arriving at the airport, the driver receives a call from his manager, who told him apparently to turn back to the hotel so that the bill for the ride could be prepaid, this is when we already told the hotel that we would settle it in cash with the driver. So the driver proceeded to turn the car around when we were rushing for our flight. We protested heavily and he finally stopped, at which point he started to call his boss back and not open the trunk for our luggage. We demanded the trunk be opened for our luggage, and literally lugged all the luggage, by foot, back to the airport.
I don't think I need to say more. All I know is that I will not be staying at this Sheraton again, and hope that Sheraton hotels in other locations will actually stand up to the Sheraton brand.
December 9, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by ACustomer Needs upgrading and better care
Overall the hotel is okay but looks worn and in need of an upgrade. Not quite what I expect from a Sheraton property. Rooms were clean but tired. The surroundings are very nice but needs to be maintained better; some garbage could be seen around the gardens and by the beach. Kids club was very disappointing. Not much in terms of activities and th playground was old and muddy.
Looks like a lot of other people have made similar negative remarks on this site over the past few months but unfortunately the management doesn't seem to be doing much to improve things
July 5, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by alw1000 Overpriced, poor service
I was extremely disappointed with my stay at the Sheraton Langkawi due to the low value for money.
The resort is very tired and rundown and seems as though it hasn't had any money spent on it in over a decade, yet it continues to charge prices similar to 4 and 5 star resorts.
For the money I'd paid I was expecting a much higher standard. The resort is not in any way luxurious.
Further, the customer service around the resort was mediocre and within the main restaurant 'Feast' the service was terrible.
I would not recommend this resort to anyone.
December 26, 2012