Rated 4 out of 5 by Nixamschah Good facilities
No major challenge. Had a great pleasant stay. Good for retreat but I would like to suggest if possible not to allow the taxi driver to sit at your valet/concierge area. I don't see the purpose or reason for them to be there. They are not smiling and it might project a poor image of your hotel.
October 26, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Couple14 Great place to stay
We enjoyed staying at Sheraton Beach Resort very much. With it's great surrounding and the very friendly staff, we will come back for sure. Don't expect a modern and fancy hotel, but a nice place with a great atmosphere. Some renovation work has been done already, please continue because it's worth the effort.
October 1, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by JNA1 Dreadful - Very disappointed
Much of this resort is filthy and in a terrible state of repair, way below the standards of the most basic Sheraton hotels. I think it should be avoided like the plague.
Despite a warm welcome by the reception staff and an SPG Platinum upgrade to a large suite, I am unable to recommend this property. Further reasons follow:
1)The resort is dirty and untidy, in desperate need of a thorough clean-up operation. Electrical switches soiled, litter-bins over-flowing, much furniture remains in use, despite being grubby, with cigarette burn damage. Even the most basic hostel for students would have turfed this stuff out long ago.
2) Go nowhere near the Captains Grill - the seafood was off. I understand mistakes happen on the odd occasion, but the way my polite feedback was handled was simply appalling. The plate was returned to my table with the comment that it was 'all okay' despite the strong smell of fish way past its best. The conversation with the staff became more challenging and the waiter even stuck his hand into my food (right in front of my nose) and tasted the fare as if to prove some point. It was embarrassing beyond belief...
3) Some creature, unidentified, bites... in the bedroom. I could go on, but have written separately to the management.
September 16, 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by extremelydissatisfied One of the worst stays of my life
Not sure where to even begin. All I can say is that for the 20 odd countries I've travelled to in my life, I may have had the worst service I have ever encountered. Rooms were nice, facilities were ok, the staff, simply did not care.
1) for a dinner buffet, we completely served ourselves, including getting water, napkins, cutlery, and the only time the staff showed up, was for the bill.
2) while attending the wedding event, when asked for a be rage at the open bar, the hotel staff couldn't find a clean glass near her, so she basically (in front of me), emptied water from a used glass and proceeded to fill it up with ice and was preparing for the drink. When I protested that I did not want a dirty glass, she then finally walked TWO steps over, to where the clean glasses were kept.
3) when checking out, we ordered a hotel car to take us. We were running late and told the driver. When just arriving at the airport, the driver receives a call from his manager, who told him apparently to turn back to the hotel so that the bill for the ride could be prepaid, this is when we already told the hotel that we would settle it in cash with the driver. So the driver proceeded to turn the car around when we were rushing for our flight. We protested heavily and he finally stopped, at which point he started to call his boss back and not open the trunk for our luggage. We demanded the trunk be opened for our luggage, and literally lugged all the luggage, by foot, back to the airport.
I don't think I need to say more. All I know is that I will not be staying at this Sheraton again, and hope that Sheraton hotels in other locations will actually stand up to the Sheraton brand.
December 9, 2011
Rated 3 out of 5 by ACustomer Needs upgrading and better care
Overall the hotel is okay but looks worn and in need of an upgrade. Not quite what I expect from a Sheraton property. Rooms were clean but tired. The surroundings are very nice but needs to be maintained better; some garbage could be seen around the gardens and by the beach. Kids club was very disappointing. Not much in terms of activities and th playground was old and muddy.
Looks like a lot of other people have made similar negative remarks on this site over the past few months but unfortunately the management doesn't seem to be doing much to improve things
July 5, 2012
Rated 1 out of 5 by alw1000 Overpriced, poor service
I was extremely disappointed with my stay at the Sheraton Langkawi due to the low value for money.
The resort is very tired and rundown and seems as though it hasn't had any money spent on it in over a decade, yet it continues to charge prices similar to 4 and 5 star resorts.
For the money I'd paid I was expecting a much higher standard. The resort is not in any way luxurious.
Further, the customer service around the resort was mediocre and within the main restaurant 'Feast' the service was terrible.
I would not recommend this resort to anyone.
December 26, 2012
Rated 4 out of 5 by wanderer For a relaxing holiday away from kuah town
langkawi has four SPG properties, each is unique and offers something different. i chose sheraton langkawi and thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. it is quite far from the kuah town (westin is the closer). this is a great hotel to relax on a holiday. it is also close to the cable car (a must in langkawi).
the hotel was kind enough to give me and my wife a complementary breakfast; i loved the buffet, it was amazing. the variety is just fascinating.
the private beach is also very nice and was close the the hut i stayed at. the hut was very spacious and had two bathrooms, a living room, a bed room and a private area to sit outdoor.
you can take a cab from the hotel to go anywhere on the island. rates are the same everywhere. there are plenty of water sports options on the island. i recommend para-sailing; it is an experience in itself.
i definitely recommend this hotel for holidays. i had a great time.
November 19, 2011
Rated 1 out of 5 by VeryGoodPointsStacey Old hotel in need of repair
I was supposed to stay 3 nights at the Sheraton Langkawi but after a few hours decided to check out and leave. I arrived and was underwhelmed with the grounds and lobby. However, I met the duty manger upon arrival and had good hopes. However, the room that they had upgraded me to, an Executive Suite, left a lot to be desired. I was glad that as a platinum SPG member I was upgraded, but would have preferred a clean room to an upgrade.
The hotel is extremely old and doesn't look like it's well maintained. There were cracks in the ceiling that hadn't been repaired properly. The air conditioner leaked all over the table in the room. The bedroom doors leading to the balcony didn't close properly and so bugs got in. I called maintenance and they sent someone, but he said that was the best the doors could close. I did note that the doors leading to the balcony in the living room area didn't have the same problem.
The duvet on the bed was stained and soiled. When I pulled back the cover of the duvet I found hair, red stains and what looked like sweat stains. It was gross and I couldn't sleep on that!
There was no complimentary water in the room for SPG guests. So I called and inquired and they said they could send some to my room. It arrived 4 hours later and was so hot. I suspect it was in some un-air conditioned storage room.
The service from anyone other than the front desk staff is atrocious. The women at the front desk were lovely and helpful, but that's where the hospitality ended. Unless you have a car, or want to pay for taxis, you're trapped on the property. The restaurant was having problems with the air and it was super hot. The food was bad and the service was worse.
I was shocked that this hotel is still an Starwood hotel and have to imagine that no one from HQ has been there in years.
Instead of 3 nights at the Sheraton Langkawi, I spent 1 night and it was miserable. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! If you really want to go to Langkawi, stay at one of the other SPG properties on the island.
December 13, 2012